Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 04:12 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

I will do my best to look at that area Monday and I'll contact the HOA. Hopefully they will act upon it soon but then again you never know. You can be assured I'll have all my ducks in a row. I will be sure and let you know what I'm told.

*Like wc2005 asked I too would encourage all of you to call or email the HOA. No forget the email since a response will be slow or not at all.
I know to most it appears that I bit.. and moan too much. Well I do. I do because I have invested too much time and money in our home to let this area go. I don't plan to move and I am not one of those persons that only cares about my home and yard. I live beyond the curb.

Moderator cut: Sentence before and after the next one... see comment. We pay a staff to do a job and if they can't or won't do it then they need to jump off the train.

Last edited by Bo; 08-04-2009 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Since you know it will "make people mad," don't post it.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
We pay a staff to do a job and if they can't or won't do it then they need to jump off the train.
EXACTLY! Remember how many of those staff positions I recommended cutting?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 PM

276 posts, read 970,816 times
Since "Cash for Clunkers" is working so well, maybe the HOA got money from the government's new "Finance for Fences" program.....

Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
anybody know of a reliable person/business that can do fence repairs? I looked at the spray paint on mine a little while ago and there's quite a bit of it.. It does look pretty bad too, but so do about 95% of them. This wood is just for the birds and doesn't hold up for jack.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM

I don't know anyone but just advise you to be careful when making the choice. Licensed? Don't pay before the work is done. Did you figure out what the blue paint means. Some of it near the WC Oaks entrance at least is on new boards.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM

I think B means board and LF = leaning fence. I would say about 80% of the B's I've seen are way overboard. I know I have a leaning fence because it is warped, but so does almost everyone else. I'll admit mine is worse than most, though, and I intend on getting it fixed. I just wish I could tear the wood down and put up brick or stone or even Legos..

Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I think B means board and LF = leaning fence. I would say about 80% of the B's I've seen are way overboard. I know I have a leaning fence because it is warped, but so does almost everyone else. I'll admit mine is worse than most, though, and I intend on getting it fixed. I just wish I could tear the wood down and put up brick or stone or even Legos..
Has the HOA contacted you about your fence? Are they just going to identify what needs to be fixed and you will have to get it done? Or, will they get it fixed and you foot the bill, except for staining one side of the fence?

BTW: What does the large blue dot/circle mean? It's on old and new boards.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 AM

they sent a generic letter saying I needed to fix the fence. They better not fix it and think I'm going to pay for it. I am home in the day time every day and will definitely get rid of anyone attempting to touch it.. I'm going to handle this on my own terms. If the HOA gets someone to fix it, they probably charge at least triple so everyone can get their kickbacks.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Let them fix it. If they haven't gone through the proper procedure as outlined in the CC&R to notify you with the proper notices then they should have to pay for whatever they do if they do it without your input. That would almost be worth an attorney...in fact, maybe you and everyone else in that situation could have your own mini-class action.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Good Morning- Well we are back in town and the Kansas rain did not follow us.

*I saw the "Pacific Blue" or "Board Blue" markings on the fences last night. Although I was driving it appears that someone went a little overboard with the painting. I just called the office and found out that the B= Bowed Out and the L= Leaning . It appears that all those affected with the blue grafitti will be sent a notice informing them of the problem and the time in which to fix it. It appeared that the lady answering the phones is already frazzled or maybe frizzled. She informed me that everyone will receive complimentary staining.

*I also reported the dumping of the brush /grass clippings (Westcreek Oaks / 1604) and was told that it would be looked into. That was after I was told that the property does not belong to the HOA. Well naturally I said. No one who is getting paid by the HOA for a service would ever litter on our property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio