Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 01:02 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,437,013 times

Advertisements

the HOA could allocate some of the $1.3+ million annual budget on a nightly security patrol instead of a lot of the other crap they waste it on. Their "consulting" expenses alone could hire a full-time security guard and have money left over.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times
Great Point. As you know other comparable neighborhoods have them. Silly question but how do Insurance Companies look at Security Patrols. I know it cuts down on crime but what about homeowners discounts? Any way you look at it its a win win for residents and the HOA.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,434,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the HOA could allocate some of the $1.3+ million annual budget on a nightly security patrol instead of a lot of the other crap they waste it on. Their "consulting" expenses alone could hire a full-time security guard and have money left over.
Hmm, I wonder if they've considered that before. With the residents unwilling to step up for the CoP program, this would be the next step I guess. Anyone know how much something like that would cost?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,512,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
I'm not in Westcreek but I do go to the meetings for our association in GNW. What exactly would you say to your HOA about the taggers? I ask this because we get this at our meetings too (and believe me, we have taggers in the GNW. But what exactly is an HOA supposed to do about someone committing a crime? If you are 90% sure you know who they are, why don't you contact the police? What action do you want from the HOA? To arrest the people, to kick them out of thier home?

It isn't my intention to come across negatively, but I see people march down to the HOA meetings (most often people who have never been to one before) and they come in demanding action about people driving too fast, drunk drivers, dogs crappintg in their yard, neighbors with loud music, and of course, tagging along the public facing fences and a host of others, that are just out of the scope of what an HOA does. I guess what I'm saying is, don't expect much other than an opportunity to vent.

Because when Im ready to accuse somebody, I need proof. Preferably written in stone, I've seen theese punks do stupid stuff, and I've seen them out vandalizing the mail boxes when I used to leave for work at 2Am.

anyway, yes I could take the sheriff to their house, and round them up, but I need to take video, pictures, or at least have another set of eyes confirming my story.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:09 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,688,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
The fences are 50 -50. Can anyone tell me why our HOA has not picked up the mess form the fence that was crashed into last weekend along Westcreek Oaks. Oh maybe they havent been out of their offices to see the mess.
I saw that today. The brick post was also totaled. I'm seeing this more and more often during the last year and have seen 7 incidents like this since 2001. Is there some invisible target painted on the fences?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I saw that today. The brick post was also totaled. I'm seeing this more and more often during the last year and have seen 7 incidents like this since 2001. Is there some invisible target painted on the fences?
lol - I've always compared it to bumper bowling...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 PM

I see they've corraled the mess on Westcreek Oaks. They put caution tape over part of the fence, but I see some yahoos have already ripped that up too.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 PM

Can anyone tell me why our Community Manager, Recreation Director, and Assistant Recreation Director resigned?

My hat is off to all of you that pick up trash as you walk. I appreciate taking your time to do this. My wife walks several days a week. She starts out empty handed but doesn't return that way.
I work for a major city utility and everyday I drive throughout San Antonio. As you can imagine I've been to almost every neighborhood in the area. When I'm in comparable neighborhoods to Westcreek I don't see the litter like I do here. I approached our now resigned Communtiy Manager several months ago about the HOA putting up trash cans. At that time she assured me that it would be brought up at the next Board Meeting. Well that didnt happen. I have been here for 10 years and that is what I expected.
*The trash cans I'm talking about are the ones that have a disposal can and a dispenser for dog poop bags. Monticello Ranch on the other side of Talley has them and they do not take away from the area. I've seen them in high dollar subdivisions like Stone Oak, Deerfield. Inwood, and many others. They are not eyesores.
Maybe it was a flip of the coin. New office chairs (since the HOA Staff does not seem to get out much) or trash cans.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:16 AM

I think those would be great to have around the neighborhood. We have a tagging problem, so they may become another target, but at least they're not big enough to be any kind of eyesore at all. Might encourage some folks to clean up after their pets!

As far as regular trash cans go, keep in mind that ours have been set on fire, trampled, thrown around, etc. So the idea of getting more 'toys' for the vandals may not go over well. For those of us that would use them for their intended purpose would appreciate them, until a kid knocks them out into the street overnight. There has been talk of replacing our park trash cans with metal ones that are immovable.

Rocks - there are certain areas in WC where the kids will just throw rocks (not small ones either) out into the streets. I don't know, but maybe these kids don't understand what it's like to spend $1000 on a replacement headlight and hood repair.

I see the HOA personnel out often. Oswald drives around. Sandy and Noellia drove around. They were at a lot of functions and meetings. Well, I say often, but that was before the changes there. Judy, Sandy and Noellia all resigned. There were personality conflicts. Nothing damaging to the neighborhood, anything missing, nothing like that. I don't like to discuss it online, mostly because it's not anyone's position to, and it's all hearsay coming from anyone but them anyway. I will say that all three of them are friends of my family, and it's just an unfortunate situation. Speculation only leads to rumors, and we don't need any of that!

But, here's (another) chance for change - we now have community manager and rec director positions open, if anyone knows of or wants to apply.

All meetings in the office are open to the public, unless they specifically say otherwise. Fence project ad hoc, Board meetings, etc.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:54 AM

I tend to assume (although that gets us into trouble) that the HOA Staff does not get out. In retrospect I know they do. It really gets my goat that I see the same violations from the same neighbors again and again. I know the process to enforce takes time. Oswald has explained this to me several times. I will admit that I am too anal about neighborhood appearances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio