Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times

Advertisements

I agree - I wish there was more that could be done. Some people just don't seem to care that they are in a deed restricted neighborhood. Rentals maybe?

Old 04-25-2009, 02:54 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Good Afternoon,

We have a neighbor on the other side of the street who hasn't moved his 90's year model Ford Explorer for several weeks. Its parked on the street and leaks oil. As you know the oil breaks down the street and even worse causes a sad looking area. It's that kind of mess that causes the entire street to look bad. I'm debating ,Oh I'm going to do this before the weeked ends. I going to contact BCSD since his License Sticker is a month overdue. I'm certain there is no insurance on the vehicle. I have a great contact with Bexar County Environmental Services that will cite him for the leaking oil. This is a violation of the Bexar County Stormwater Ordinance.
Not to keep complaining but there is something I have not yet been able to figure out. As homeowner's we are to keep weeds /grass from growing through the cracks in sidewalks and along the curb. Yard clippings, leaves, etc. cannot be blown onto the street. I'm in total agreement of those rules. I can be given a notice if I allow this to happen. I don't own the street or sidewalk nor does the HOA but again I'm supposed to maintain it. How can neighbors be allowed their cars to leak oil onto the streets? Of course I'm not talking about a drip here and there.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Good question. I was always under the impression that from the concrete curb and up, the HOA can do something - where ever it is asphalt or roadway, it falls under the Sheriff.

You can call the message line, 679-8761, but it's being discontinued Apr 30 (they have front office staff, no need for a message line anymore). Or call the Sheriff's office and ask them - since our office isn't open until Monday...

Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Afternoon,

We have a neighbor on the other side of the street who hasn't moved his 90's year model Ford Explorer for several weeks. Its parked on the street and leaks oil. As you know the oil breaks down the street and even worse causes a sad looking area. It's that kind of mess that causes the entire street to look bad. I'm debating ,Oh I'm going to do this before the weeked ends. I going to contact BCSD since his License Sticker is a month overdue. I'm certain there is no insurance on the vehicle. I have a great contact with Bexar County Environmental Services that will cite him for the leaking oil. This is a violation of the Bexar County Stormwater Ordinance.
Not to keep complaining but there is something I have not yet been able to figure out. As homeowner's we are to keep weeds /grass from growing through the cracks in sidewalks and along the curb. Yard clippings, leaves, etc. cannot be blown onto the street. I'm in total agreement of those rules. I can be given a notice if I allow this to happen. I don't own the street or sidewalk nor does the HOA but again I'm supposed to maintain it. How can neighbors be allowed their cars to leak oil onto the streets? Of course I'm not talking about a drip here and there.
What gets me is when people trim their lawn nice, but leave a big weed growing between the curb and street. It takes about 5 seconds to move the weed eater over to cut it down (or pull it out).

Old 04-26-2009, 10:24 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
I too have wondered this. As you said it takes only a few seconds to pull or cut that weed. If you're ever in The Hollow and you see a guy walking along and the curbs and sidewalks spraying Round-Up that's me. Shoot I've even sprayed at The Hollow monument.
As a way to supplement our income I should do this as a service and charge 75 cents a weed.
* It's obvious to me that is is not something that the HOA enforces. I see it all too often at the same homes.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Fellow westcreekers,

I need to know what salt parts per million you have your water softeners set to.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 AM

24 posts, read 65,085 times
My husband and I just moved into the westcreek area. We decided to take our daughter to the park this weekend and WOW were we DISAPOINTED!! It seems to be an ok park but needs alot of work. And the childrens area needs a MAjOR upgrade... Mabe some new toys. She was kinda bored with the 2 slides provided... And the train was crowded with some teenage punks... I really hope there is a plan to do something with the park.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIGIRL83 View Post
My husband and I just moved into the westcreek area. We decided to take our daughter to the park this weekend and WOW were we DISAPOINTED!! It seems to be an ok park but needs alot of work. And the childrens area needs a MAjOR upgrade... Mabe some new toys. She was kinda bored with the 2 slides provided... And the train was crowded with some teenage punks... I really hope there is a plan to do something with the park.
Attend the home owners meeting and let them know.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 AM

24 posts, read 65,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Attend the home owners meeting and let them know.
My husband plans on doing just that.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Fellow westcreekers,

I need to know what salt parts per million you have your water softeners set to.

Thanks!
Worded the original question wrong....figured it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio