Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM

28 posts, read 95,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Um, I won't get into details, as it's all hearsay coming from me anyway. But there were personality differences, and some folks decided it would be best to resign.

They posted the job listings on their website...if anyone is interested! (for the record, I have no affiliation nor benefit from these hirings, I just live there)
Was Sandy in one of those spots?

Old 04-09-2009, 06:35 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Yes, Sandy was our recreation director.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,768 times
Is there volunteer postings or programs?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:43 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,473,260 times
I know that Sandy use to send out the emails about volunteer needs/schedules/POC's, but not sure who (if anyone) would do that now.

Sorry I did not get the chance in person to tell Sandy thanks for all she has done for us...we don't use the facilities at all (have our own pool, kids grown) but sure do appreciate how hard she worked to ensure we had a lot of neat activitives going on for the kids/families of Westcreek all the time. She will be sorely missed and very hard to replace.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Sandy is still a resident! And as far as I know, she's also still teaching karate after hours and coaching swim team. She's just no longer rec director. You know you can't keep that woman to sit still! :P

Creekknoll - Sandy used to collect emails and contact info and send out information to residents. I'll see if they have an alternative in place for now, until they hire a new director...

Old 04-11-2009, 05:37 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
what is up in Westcreek? There have been sirens all over the place lately. I know there was an accident on Potranco outside 1604 because traffic was all jacked up, but that was over an hour ago. Or was the accident that bad? There was an ambulance and a BCSD car heading there, but I turned in on whatever road that is that leads into Caracol Heights or whatever it is.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
We received our last Westcreek Times at our door in a plastic bag. Normally, it comes via mail. I know this is a good cost saving initiative, but leads me to wonder if that is the real reason or is WC having some money problems, especially after raising our HOA fees this year. It seems to me that we're paying more and getting less.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
what is up in Westcreek? There have been sirens all over the place lately. I know there was an accident on Potranco outside 1604 because traffic was all jacked up, but that was over an hour ago. Or was the accident that bad? There was an ambulance and a BCSD car heading there, but I turned in on whatever road that is that leads into Caracol Heights or whatever it is.
Well, I can tell you that one of the things that happened was that someone crashed through the fence on Westcreek Oaks...AGAIN!! What is up what that???? A big ol' hole this time!!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Well, I can tell you that one of the things that happened was that someone crashed through the fence on Westcreek Oaks...AGAIN!! What is up what that???? A big ol' hole this time!!
I saw that! Looks like they hit it twice. Wow.

And there was a huge "bang" or crash in our neighborhood, about 8 or so. Very loud, had all the dogs barking and the neighbors outside looking around - anyone know what that was? It was too short really to be a car accident...my first thought was a power transformer, but I didn't see/smell anything burning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
We received our last Westcreek Times at our door in a plastic bag. Normally, it comes via mail. I know this is a good cost saving initiative, but leads me to wonder if that is the real reason or is WC having some money problems, especially after raising our HOA fees this year. It seems to me that we're paying more and getting less.
That (I believe) is part of the initiative to cut costs at the request of the residents. They are having the standards folks deliver the newsletters while on their rounds. And how is it that you're paying more and getting less? I'm not trying to come across sarcastic, I really want to know! I am a strong advocate for the HOA and the neighborhood but I obviously don't get all the info. Hmmm...maybe we can get someone to do a get/don't get list to compare, and see what we're getting for our dues...

Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
When is the next home owners meeting?
I have HAD IT with the ongoing decline of our neighborhood and I WILL start attending meetings to find out what the hell is going on around here! Several of my neighbors feel the same and plan on getting more involved too.
The crappy shape of fences, graffiti, unkept yards, people having garage sales (ignoring HOA policy!!!), loose dogs(no matter the breed), and POOR customer service at the HOA office are some of the straws breaking MY back!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
...That (I believe) is part of the initiative to cut costs at the request of the residents. They are having the standards folks deliver the newsletters while on their rounds. And how is it that you're paying more and getting less? I'm not trying to come across sarcastic, I really want to know! I am a strong advocate for the HOA and the neighborhood but I obviously don't get all the info. Hmmm...maybe we can get someone to do a get/don't get list to compare, and see what we're getting for our dues...
SAnative's post sums it up pretty well. If the WC HOA is going to collect almost a million dollars, then let's use some of that money to improve the appearance of the common areas. Fences are a MAJOR EYE SORE and I bet they'll just use the same wood type again (history repeating itself). Why not spend some of the money to get masonry fences? You don't have to do all main streets at one time, but can spread it out over a couple of years. How about street lights at EVERY main intersection? I don't have any small kids anymore, but how about updating the play area with newer equipment when it is moved? I keep hearing how important maintaining property values is in WC, well, the above go a long way to do that...not subsidizing sports activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio