Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 03:49 PM

744 posts, read 1,211,175 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen who won the lighting contest. Usually the signs would be put in the yards already but I have not seen any yet. Have not driven entire neighborhood though, so if someone has seen one please let me know so I can drive by and take a look. Have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 AM

71 posts, read 109,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Has anyone seen who won the lighting contest. Usually the signs would be put in the yards already but I have not seen any yet. Have not driven entire neighborhood though, so if someone has seen one please let me know so I can drive by and take a look. Have a Merry Christmas.
Here is the website you can log onto to see who the winners are:
http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/Images/2010HolidayWinners.gif (broken link)

Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYOAKSJANE View Post
I have a question for Wellguy. Besides being a chronic complainer, have you ever volunteered to serve your community to help make it a better place to live?

If not, I would say your approach was not very effective. I have read some of your past posts and it does seem sad that you seem to be so negative.

Wish you well in your new neigborhood and hope you find joy in your new perfect "Stephford" community!
I know I'm out of Westcreek but I will answer your question. YES.

Let me ask you a question and although I'm not comparing apples to apples you'll get the jest.

In the morning you'll take a shower and you'll expect water to flow out. You pay a water bill and I'll assure you EVERYTHING is being done to supply you with proper pressure , a great source of water, etc. If by chance water doesn't flow out are you going to sit back and not pick up the phone ....Remember your paying a bill for a service. Are you going to wait for someone else to call????
Like anyone else you and I expect to get what we pay for. I feel that was not the case in WC. We knew what we were getting into when we built 11 years ago, we did our part but the other participants (HOA) did not fill their resposibility.

I know that I will never find the perfect neighborhood and greatest neighbor's because they simply don't exist.

I can assure you I have NEVER EVER BITCHED /COMPLAINED / ETC. without having a solution and all of my ducks were in a row. Now if those that rule the roost had a problem with me because I brought out the bad and undone then they did all of us wrong. I had neighbor's who complained for 11 years and never attended a BOD Meeting or even contacted the HOA over a concern. I don't know why. Possibly they thought someone else would step up to the plate. I never wanted not do I expect a medal but I'll assure you I for one spoke for many Folks and I NEVER put my concerns before others. Westcreek is / was OUR (Yes this includes you) neighborhood and not just mine. I am not a negative person but a realist.

We can agree to disagree but trust me when I say some of my complaints assisted you in some way, shape, or form.

Last edited by wellguy; 12-28-2010 at 07:30 PM..

Old 12-31-2010, 02:37 PM

177 posts, read 358,285 times
Another miserable day in WC, but only 55 to go... punks on dirtbikes riding behind Point Canyon even though the land owner blocked the entrance by the bridge. Ruining the peace and quiet once again. Now for the fireworks and all the litter I will get to clean off my yard and roof, not to mention trying to console my dog who will be sick with terror. Off to pack another box: the only thing that makes me happy.
Update: the neighbors at the end of the road called the sheriff out again and the dirtbikers left for now. Why is there such a disregard for trespassing on private property here?

Last edited by Stabart47; 12-31-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-31-2010, 09:11 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
Why is there such a disregard for trespassing on private property here?
It's disregarded because it isn't reported. Those people riding the dirt bikes more than likely live here on westcreek. How did they get down there? They road the bikes down there from their houses that's how. The people that live near these people condone it by allowing it to happen.

Just curious why you didn't report it yourself?

Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 PM

177 posts, read 358,285 times
Actually, to date, we have had the sheriff out and reported it to the HOA 3 times each!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Reading my prior statement it could be implied that the comment about condoning it was directed at you. It wasn't, obviously you don't condone it because it's being reported. Who I meant to direct that at is the neighbors who live near the perpetrators, you know they see/hear them roll out of their garages and down the street in their unlicensed, off the road vehicles and don't do anything about it.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 PM

797 posts, read 2,994,476 times
Default Happy New Year Westcreek

Time for a change...like a fresh thread. This thread has run a long time and evolved into quite a complaint box. Per request of the mods it is time to start a part 2. I hope the new thread continues to provide a way for residents to communicate with each other and focuses more on what we can do to highlight the good parts about living in the Villages.

Last edited by noplacelikeWA; 01-02-2011 at 12:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio