Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times

Advertisements

DoYourOwnFenceDoYourOwnFenceDoYourOwnFenceDoYourOw nFence
DoYourOwnFenceDoYourOwnFenceDoYourOwnFenceDoYourOw nFence

It's easy and you will save some money and do a better job than a contractor.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,616 times
Anyone have any information about the car accident on Sage Run last night. I was heading home to switch over for my second job and the road was blocked off with emergency vehicles. It was about 10 or so. I heard as I walked past to go up the hill to my house that it was a few kids in a Mustang that were going to fast and hit a parked truck. I would like to know if all the kids are alright and if they lived on the street, visiting someone, or just up to no good there.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:05 PM

29 posts, read 53,488 times
I think all would agree that the HOA are expected to be responsible stewards of the HOA, our money, and VOW in general. There are plenty of ways, I'm sure, that the HOA could cut unnecessary expenses.

What seems to be missing from the discussion about the incentive bonuses is the justification. What strategic or organizational goals have been set for the HOA? Were these goals ever put forth in an open forum for homeowner discussion? Which goals are HOA employees expected to meet/exceed to qualify for a bonus? What is the measuring stick by which their accomplishments are evaluated? Without goals and measurement of success, the HOA would simply be handing out money "just because." If the HOA hasn't presented this concept to homeowners or if they can't answer these questions to the satisfaction of homeowners, then it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Yes, there are people living in WC who are struggling financially, and the HOA should be sensitive to that, as should we all. At the same time, paid HOA employees have just as much of a right to be fairly compensated as anyone else in the workforce. For as much as many of us complain about the folks who work for the HOA, we should all want to ensure that the HOA hires good, qualified people, and then give them a reason to stay. Paying them competitively and giving them a good work environment are two of the best ways I know to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I don't visit the VOWC Website as frequently as I should but today I noticed that the 2011 Budget is available for our reading pleasure.

Although I think I know what Staff Performance Incentives are please someone tell me it ain't so..... In today's economy where we have neighbors (yes BOD /HOA) neighbors who are strggling to keep afloat you have the nerve to budget $1500.00 for these incentives. That dollar figure may not be a lot to some Folks, maybe a house payment, but to those who are in need it as hell is. I doubt that those in a dire situation and barely getting by on unemployment, or other aid, will be happy to see this.

If this is a bonus then the HOA /BOD needs to be ASHAMED of themselves for proposing such. Cuts were made elsewhere in the budget, more important cuts. Why in the hell don't they cut the $9000.00 for the cleaning of the Offices??? Is it to FKN hard to pick up a broom and bend over to use a dust pan????? Many, Many small businesses have their Staff keep the work areas clean. When I was in the Military we didn't have a Cleaning Crew to keep the station clean and it looked damned good.

Maybe there is a volunteer opportunity here for those who feel (HOA / BOD) we need to help out our paid Staff. Isn't that alway the excuse..... If you don't like something then volunteer to make it better no matter how impotent (I did not mispell "important") those in a paid position are.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I heard as I walked past to go up the hill to my house that it was a few kids in a Mustang that were going to fast and hit a parked truck. I would like to know if all the kids are alright and if they lived on the street, visiting someone, or just up to no good there.
Not sure, but children shouldn't drive Mustangs. Especially particular types of Mustangs. You really have to know what you are doing and how to handle them after they get past certain speeds. Definitely not a toy.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Anyone have any information about the car accident on Sage Run last night. I was heading home to switch over for my second job and the road was blocked off with emergency vehicles. It was about 10 or so. I heard as I walked past to go up the hill to my house that it was a few kids in a Mustang that were going to fast and hit a parked truck. I would like to know if all the kids are alright and if they lived on the street, visiting someone, or just up to no good there.
The kids are a little banged up but very lucky.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 AM

276 posts, read 970,008 times
Default Water Pressure in Westcreek

Is 75psi an acceptable water pressure? That's what I measured at my home here in WC.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 AM

276 posts, read 970,008 times
I think I just found the answer to my own question. This is from the SAWS website:

Water pressure within the San Antonio Water System can range from 35 to 175 pounds. High water pressure can be controlled by a pressure-reducing valve (PRV) installed on the property owner’s side of the water meter. If you already have pressure-reducing valve, it may need to be adjusted or serviced. Recommended water pressure, especially if you have a water softener or a sprinkler system, is 80 pounds.

Looks like I'm good to go.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:07 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Hoot owl - yes, at 75 psi you're fine.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
This will be Good News (HOA Staff and BOD) for some and Bad News for others but after a very short time on the market our home sold at $900.00 off the asking price with no concessions.

Although we were going to have a home built we selected to go with a very very nice Inventory Home (Lennar) in Kallison Ranch.

We liked one model with a Common Fence and were amazed that the fence is owned 50 50. The only reason we passed on that one is the direction of the home.

I sincerely hope you're reading this HOA Staff and BOD and that you get your ACT together and bring Westcreek back to the appearance it had 9,10,11 years ago. That along with ****ty neighbors who were constantly over looked was one of the main driving forces on our decision to move. I know you could care less that we are moving but remember and remember good....there are still a lot of Folks around here that are PISSED OFF so give them something back for the assessments. Lord knows you didn't do **** for us.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,616 times
Sorry to lose you from the neighborhood Wellguy, but I hope you will keep in touch on this forum and share your positive an/or negative experiences from your new place so those of us that are also trying to get out can know what to expect. I have one year left until my son finishes high school then I am pulling up stakes as well for the same reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio