Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 01:19 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,325 times

Advertisements

I'm GUILTY for not attending the Budget Meeting but if you flushed your toilet after the meeting you'll Thank Me. I know the saying Don't Vote - Don't *****.

Now I don't know if there is going to be an Assessment Increase in 2011 or not. I did some research on the GreatNorthwest HOA's webpage to see if they too charged a fee for using Credit /Debit Cards but was unable to find out.

I did however see that their Assessments remained at $222.00 per year from 2008 to 2010. Yes they have more homes that we do by probably 1000. How is the HELL can there be talk of an increase here? They have a paid Staff of approx. 16 and a whole hell of a lot more to maintain. Their Insurance must cost out the whazoo, you know that they have their own Security Patrol. Some of their Facilities are MUCH nicer than ours hence more $$$ for upkeep.

Maybe they don't give raises as often??????? Maybe they don't spend the money on a Greedy Attorney to Foreclose (Actually according to their webpage there has not been one in 15 years due to unpaid Assessment's)

If they were able to decrease the Assessments from $235 in 2007 to $222 in 2008 to current they're doing something right.

Last edited by wellguy; 10-23-2010 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-23-2010, 01:52 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,673,809 times
OK, who took out the brick "The Pointe" sign? They ran over it and took out part of the fence too and it must of happened last night. This is the fourth or fifth time fences have been smashed in the last couple of years.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:37 PM

186 posts, read 345,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I'd take it by and pay in cash....

with pennies.
LMAO! Great idea...but I'd do it in mexican 1 centavo pieces.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 PM

80 posts, read 194,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
OK, who took out the brick "The Pointe" sign? They ran over it and took out part of the fence too and it must of happened last night. This is the fourth or fifth time fences have been smashed in the last couple of years.
I saw it while on my run this a.m. and it looked like someone either ran over it or took a sledge hammer to it.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:18 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,957 times
Vandals are out in force right now. Someone took one of our landscape bricks at the front entrance of our community and bashed the lights that lit up our entrance in to a million pieces.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,829 times
Hello all!

I am new to this forum but not new to VOWC. We've owned our home here in the Vistas for a little over 5 years, unfotunately 3 of those years spent in UK.(AF Spouce) Earlier this year in April, a man drove though my backyard fence facing Tally Rd. I definately have noticed the increase of fences being driven through this year compared to the first year I lived here in 05. There is another fence down and brick pillar as well just before the entry way to the Vistas off of Westcreek View. I heard it was caused by a drunk driver when I visited the WC office last week. Also, i just wanted to add, that when my fence was down earlier this year, the fence was only down 1 night before we put up a temp fence. That night kids I guess came in my backyard and spray painted a few grafitti images/words on the side of my house! I did notify VOWC staff of this and had a police report made. Thankfully it came off with a presure washer. I have noticed alot of grafiti popping up in our part of WC (Vistas) and have also reported that to VOWC staff as our mailboxes are usually targeted. Anyways, just wanted to say my 2 pence and offically say "Hello".

Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 AM

177 posts, read 358,139 times
I just returned from a trip to Tulsa, which I loved, by the way. One thing that stuck out was not once did I see litter or graffiti in neighborhoods or along roadways. We drove in to ALL kinds of neighborhoods and they were all well-kept. Very few gated or HOA controlled neighborhoods and yet, they were spotless. It saddened me that I don't see that kind of pride here. We've been part of Westcreek for several years and have seen a downhill turn. Our house is worth less than we paid for it because of the foreclosures. Granted, we bought just before the so-called bubble burst. That's why I don't understand why people are paying so much to live in the Reserve. If I was going to do this over and spend over $200,000 I would move to north-central SA. I just hate to see people upside down in an year or two and unable to sell without major $. As for raising dues, we will fight it. No way... not when our home value is still dropping.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:21 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,325 times
I'm certain many of you are in receipt of the most recent email concerning the Fees for Credit / Debit Card use. Well it appears to be legal and it's going to save the HOA approx $6000.00 /year. All that is great.

It is too bad that someone, more than likely our Community Manager had to consult with the HOA Attorney again. I bet that didn't save us any money.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would assume like me before you make a change in your home, work, etc. you research it. Before you make /set a policy you better have all of your ducks in a row or you'll be faced with questions, ridicule, you'll begin to second guess yourself, or you'll have pie on it. It doesn't sound like this was done but not to fret it wasn't her money.

Unless the Attorney did the consultation pro bono.... but I doubt it.

A word of advice for our HOA / BOD....... When you generate an email especially where a change is made you need to eloborate and explain why you or doing it, what gives you the Authority, etc. This way you will not have your damn phones ringing off the hook and you'll go home with as much hair as what you started the day with. Pretty Simple Ehhh?

Last edited by wellguy; 10-26-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
Well Guy

I am pleased with your great concern for the community.I too have great concern, It is my Job to perform for the best intrest of the community at the direction of the board of directors. As for the credit card convenience fees they were researched extensivly, however do to the home owner concern voiced I did again consult our attorney.And again I verified that the convenience fee is legal. the savings of $6000 per year was presented at the bod meeting. I have not been able to Meet with you in person but I invite you to come to the BOD meetings and voice your oppinions in person, After all it is your community , You have such great ideas, one of our committees could certinally use your input. I realize it is easy to redicule those trying to make changes to better the community, I emplore you to actually come out and make the changes happen.
Looking forward to meeting with you soon.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Community Manager VWOA View Post
Well Guy

I am pleased with your great concern for the community.I too have great concern, It is my Job to perform for the best intrest of the community at the direction of the board of directors. As for the credit card convenience fees they were researched extensivly, however do to the home owner concern voiced I did again consult our attorney.And again I verified that the convenience fee is legal. the savings of $6000 per year was presented at the bod meeting. I have not been able to Meet with you in person but I invite you to come to the BOD meetings and voice your oppinions in person, After all it is your community , You have such great ideas, one of our committees could certinally use your input. I realize it is easy to redicule those trying to make changes to better the community, I emplore you to actually come out and make the changes happen.
Looking forward to meeting with you soon.
Is this for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio