Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,485,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
By all means, do not rule out WC just from the things on CD. This is just a few people who are working in this manner to try to find solutions to a few problems. Overall, the neighborhood is great. Nowhere is perfect. Come be our neighbor!
I second that WC is a wonderful place to live, and speak from LOTS of experience.

NSAHills is a nice place as well, but friends of ours that live there are paying $1K per month in TAXES alone...so certainly consider that before jumping into one of this acreage type sites. Lots of folks have lived there forever, and are over 65 and pay the reduced rates...but our friends were shocked to realize they would START out paying near $12K per yr in taxes...and that is ONLY going to go up. If I had the need for acerage, it would NOT be in the city limits based on that tax rate alone.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:18 AM

41 posts, read 58,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Give me a break, when they hire an attorney to sit in on a BOD meeting (which nobody recalls other Boards doing) indicates that they have something to hide. When they hire a law enforcement officer to be present at the BOD meetings (which nobody recalls other Boards doing) indicates that they have something to fear.

I was surprised that the President of the Board, did away with the ongoing practice of allowing homeowners to relinquish their 3 minute speaking time to the one of the other homeowners and then later reverse the rule to allow a "former Board Member" all the time he needed to speak. This confirmed the suspicions of the homeowners in attendance that they were intent on squashing the voices of those who have views that differ from theirs. This is not the action of a democratic society.

I think the homeowners who the Board likes to refer to as "disgruntled" have every right to be upset. I for one did not find them as 'disgruntled'. In fact, after talking with a number of folks at the meeting they seemed genuinely concerned about making Westcreek the ideal community to live in. My hat off to all those who had the courage to stand up and let their voices be heard.

I overheard one BOD member complain that homeowners have never taken an interest in their community and now that they (from what I understand) have record numbers showing up at their monthly meetings they are determined to silence their voices. It will be interesting what tactics they will resort to at the next meeting. I for one plan on being at the next and future meetings and will encourage my neighbors to join me. This meeting was definitely an eye opener for me.
In the past the lawyer and security have been present at various meeting. Is it the rule, no. But it has periodically happened. However, I am not sure the purpose for the lawyer as it seemed like he did not have much to contribute. I would thinjk that, if it is necessary for the lawyer to be present at a meeting, that we address that issue first and send him on his way, rather than racking up billable hours for him to be present.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:52 AM

56 posts, read 75,355 times
I was going through the minutes for the past several years and saw very few occasions where the attorney was present. Seems like he was there for the swearing in of Officers. I may be wrong but I think we will be seeing a lot more of him at the meetings as long as homeowners show an interest.

I left the meeting around 10:30 but was interested if the lady who addressed the Board about the handicap accessiblity issues at community events ever got an answer.

I did like the suggestion someone made about allowing homeowners to conduct gargage sales from thier home on designated days. That would at least address this womans concerns so she could participate.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:22 AM

6 posts, read 8,215 times
You can obtain the proposed 2010 budget in the office for $.95. This will give you a view of how the Board and Manager intend to spend more money than we are receiving.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 AM

41 posts, read 58,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
I was going through the minutes for the past several years and saw very few occasions where the attorney was present. Seems like he was there for the swearing in of Officers. I may be wrong but I think we will be seeing a lot more of him at the meetings as long as homeowners show an interest.

I left the meeting around 10:30 but was interested if the lady who addressed the Board about the handicap accessiblity issues at community events ever got an answer.

I did like the suggestion someone made about allowing homeowners to conduct gargage sales from thier home on designated days. That would at least address this womans concerns so she could participate.
I know there was a lawyer at the Townhall meeting, which was a first for me. Like I said, it is an exception not the rule.

I agree about the garage sales. I say just have one and see what they do. They cannot possibly have the Police to enforce their interpreptation of the CC&Rs. What are they going to do, send you a letter that you have 10 days to stop the yard sale?

Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 AM

Default Proposed Budget

Do they have to vote on it during a regular BOD Meeting or can they just go ahead and adopt it? Do you know when the next BOD meeting is? Did not see one scheduled for November.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 AM

242 posts, read 666,594 times
Wait - you have to pay for a copy of the proposed budget? Shouldn't every homeowner get a copy of it? After all, it's your money. I just don't think you should have to pay to see it. (BTW, I am not a WC resident; just think that's not right.)

Old 10-24-2009, 08:24 AM

They have to do something to raise money to pay for their attorney!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM

872 posts, read 1,860,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
Wait - you have to pay for a copy of the proposed budget? Shouldn't every homeowner get a copy of it? After all, it's your money. I just don't think you should have to pay to see it. (BTW, I am not a WC resident; just think that's not right.)
How about putting it on the website for free!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,849,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Some salt for your crow, my friend?

No Salt, but Thanks. When we eat it because we are wrong then punish yourself and it it raw. I did.

I spent a little time picking feathers from my teeth though.

Last edited by wellguy; 10-24-2009 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio