Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Wellguy - If there was a notice written by the standards monitor the HO has 10 days to remedy the problem. After that, they get a second notice and another 10 days. And then, probably another 10 days before getting a formal letter. They'll likely get at least 30 days before being sent to the attorney.
Yeah that's the sad thing about a mess like this. It would thind it would have to cleaned up right away. If I were the family selling the home on the other side of the street I'd be a little upset.

Maybe someone on the BOD or HOA Staff will read this and come to some sort of quick resolution. *It's in The Hollow . I'll let you all know when its' gone. Would they like to see this all week long? I would not think so.

There would be a quick remedy and I am not being smart. Let the HOA Maintenace Staff come by in our pickup and take it to a limb /branch pile to be chipped up.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,563,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Yes, they want to stay on the board. The other major difference is that homeowners have no choice...you MUST be part of the HOA and you MUST pay annual assessments. The BOD can raise the assessments up to 10% annually...regardless of homeowner oppinion. The PTA is optional for individual families.

The HOA creates and edits rules that effect homeowner abilities to do, or not do several things (not saying that is all bad but it does effect people's "rights"/desires around their own homes). The PTA really can't force things on parents who simply choose not to participate.

This particular HOA is operating on an annual budget of over $1 million.
Absolutely true. I do understand the differences between a PTA and an HOA. About a "zillion" years ago I was an assistant property manager with a portfolio of 7 HOA's in Southern California, 2 of which were much larger and with larger operating budgets than Westcreek. We had several HOA's in which the members wanted this or that done, but were never satisfied. And the board members would have LOVED to hand it over to the other homeowners but none of them wanted the responsibility. That was the point I was trying to understand ~ if the board members WANTED to stay on, and you answered it for me. Thank you.

That's also why I asked what the "particular" issues where, but can see that it's way too complicated to address here. Good thing we haven't decided on WC for sure! North SA Hills is looking more attractive again.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Absolutely true. I do understand the differences between a PTA and an HOA. About a "zillion" years ago I was an assistant property manager with a portfolio of 7 HOA's in Southern California, 2 of which were much larger and with larger operating budgets than Westcreek. We had several HOA's in which the members wanted this or that done, but were never satisfied. And the board members would have LOVED to hand it over to the other homeowners but none of them wanted the responsibility. That was the point I was trying to understand ~ if the board members WANTED to stay on, and you answered it for me. Thank you.

That's also why I asked what the "particular" issues where, but can see that it's way too complicated to address here. Good thing we haven't decided on WC for sure! North SA Hills is looking more attractive again.
I was just about to post that you guys should understand that Jules knows her stuff - doesn't need a definition of PTA or HOA, but you beat me to it!

I think WC would be lucky to have you guys! And, maybe you could get on the board and straighten out some issues!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:16 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
but does she know what a PITA is?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,563,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

Yes! YOU!!!!!

j/k

Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post

By all means, do not rule out WC just from the things on CD. This is just a few people who are working in this manner to try to find solutions to a few problems. Overall, the neighborhood is great. Nowhere is perfect. Come be our neighbor!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:31 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Default I'll Eat Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Yeah that's the sad thing about a mess like this. It would thind it would have to cleaned up right away. If I were the family selling the home on the other side of the street I'd be a little upset.

Maybe someone on the BOD or HOA Staff will read this and come to some sort of quick resolution. *It's in The Hollow . I'll let you all know when its' gone. Would they like to see this all week long? I would not think so.

There would be a quick remedy and I am not being smart. Let the HOA Maintenace Staff come by in our pickup and take it to a limb /branch pile to be chipped up.

Good Evening,

Well I will admit this morning when I left for work I saw that all the limbs /branches were gone. It obviously happened sometime yesterday after I left for work.

Anyway Crow doesn't taste so Bad, if you admit you are wrong.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Evening,

Well I will admit this morning when I left for work I saw that all the limbs /branches were gone. It obviously happened sometime yesterday after I left for work.

Anyway Crow doesn't taste so Bad, if you admit you are wrong.
Some salt for your crow, my friend?

Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 AM

56 posts, read 75,242 times
Give me a break, when they hire an attorney to sit in on a BOD meeting (which nobody recalls other Boards doing) indicates that they have something to hide. When they hire a law enforcement officer to be present at the BOD meetings (which nobody recalls other Boards doing) indicates that they have something to fear.

I was surprised that the President of the Board, did away with the ongoing practice of allowing homeowners to relinquish their 3 minute speaking time to the one of the other homeowners and then later reverse the rule to allow a "former Board Member" all the time he needed to speak. This confirmed the suspicions of the homeowners in attendance that they were intent on squashing the voices of those who have views that differ from theirs. This is not the action of a democratic society.

I think the homeowners who the Board likes to refer to as "disgruntled" have every right to be upset. I for one did not find them as 'disgruntled'. In fact, after talking with a number of folks at the meeting they seemed genuinely concerned about making Westcreek the ideal community to live in. My hat off to all those who had the courage to stand up and let their voices be heard.

I overheard one BOD member complain that homeowners have never taken an interest in their community and now that they (from what I understand) have record numbers showing up at their monthly meetings they are determined to silence their voices. It will be interesting what tactics they will resort to at the next meeting. I for one plan on being at the next and future meetings and will encourage my neighbors to join me. This meeting was definitely an eye opener for me.

Last edited by THE COMMON MAN; 10-24-2009 at 12:16 AM..

Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,473,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

Of course she does...she is a vegitarian...she eats pita bread sandwiches all the time....(could NOT resist!)

I second Jules would get them straightened up!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio