Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,821,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
NISD has also been running radar closer to the schools.
The was a cop checking speed at Luna MS this morning

Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG PORK TOM View Post
So, you're the one that's been doing 20 all along..and has had a line of vehicles behind you.
Nope. I've not been in your 'hood in quite a while! Is it just in front of the pool that it's 20 then? I know that SOMEWHERE along there it is/was. And everyone would be flying past it and I knew that it would be ME that would get a ticket for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
The was a cop checking speed at Luna MS this morning
EXCELLENT! When my kids went to Luna, the people speeding past there would make me nuts!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
I wish they did it in front of active school zones more often. That is an area that absolutely deserves all the protection it can get.

as far as that 20 MPH sign in front of the park, I thought that was just a suggestion. White speed limit signs are the ones you have to follow, the yellow ones are supposed to be some sort of a good idea someone thinks you should follow, aren't they?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
I know there is at least one SAWS expert here. Is it SOP to leave the van running while reading meters? I think that's what this guy is doing. He's in a SAWS van (full size super gas waster) and stopping at every house. I first noticed him because he was driving about 40 down the street and slammed on the brakes in front of a house down the street. I'm tempted to say something, especially about the crazy driving, but he slowed down after that when he noticed me looking at him while I was doing some plant trimming. If he is reading the meter, he's slow as hell at it. What else would they be doing out here?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:29 PM

160 posts, read 234,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I know there is at least one SAWS expert here. Is it SOP to leave the van running while reading meters? I think that's what this guy is doing. He's in a SAWS van (full size super gas waster) and stopping at every house. I first noticed him because he was driving about 40 down the street and slammed on the brakes in front of a house down the street. I'm tempted to say something, especially about the crazy driving, but he slowed down after that when he noticed me looking at him while I was doing some plant trimming. If he is reading the meter, he's slow as hell at it. What else would they be doing out here?
Good to complain to their office. Telling him out in the street..he might feel threatened and go all "Castle Doctrine" on you...he's in his vehicle. Be careful.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Just seems like yesterday that I mentioned here that the September minutes still were not posted on the website. I guess the Board does read these posts and today they have had the minutes up on their site. Still waiting for the 3rd set of fence minutes to be posted.

It you attended the September meeting you will appreciate how they gloss over the homeowners forum. I just wish that when homeowners bring up an issue that there was some closure. If you research the minutes you can easily see that some of the same issues are brought up again and again. I would like to see when something is brought up in the forum, that there is an indication in the minutes as to the final outcome or response to the homeowners question were.

Anyone, here is the link to the September minutes: September Minutes
Actually, it had nothing to do with the Board. I had gotten the minutes added to the site template the night before you posted this, but didn't realize the change didn't take until it was mentioned here. So, the webmaster fixed it. And no, I am not on the board or an employee.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM

56 posts, read 75,218 times
Appreciate your updating the website gwrober! Think you can pull some of your magic and get the 3rd set of minutes from the fence committee posted. A member of that committee mentioned that there was a 3rd set of minutes at the last meeting and did not know why they were not posted.

If you ever decide to run for the BOD, you got my vote.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

By all means call and report anyone who is abusing their job /vehicle and putting the public at risk. He was obviously speeding down a residential street. Just think if there were children out or a neighbor taking a walk. It only takes a second to alter one's life. This type of driving ends up costing us all money.(Excessive wear and tear, higher gas consumption, potential for accidents, etc). The reason the Meter Readers' /Meter Techs' drive the Vans is due to the tools that they carry, new (replacement) and old meters, water meter boxes, lids, etc. I'm sure in time the Vans will be phased out. If he is reading meters he needs to stop, park the vehicle, shut it off, and walk the route to a point when it's time to move the vehicle again. The process continues. The guy seems lazy since we all know how close water meters are to each other. If you see a van stop at a random home for several minutes , well longer, a water meter is more than likely being replaced. The vehicle is to be shut off until the work is completed. If anyone see's this kind of driving or an employee being lazy please call 704-SAWS. Try to get the plate number or the last four of the vehicle's number. Even if you miss that information the employee can be tracked down as they all have their respective areas.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-03-2009 at 08:50 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Appreciate your updating the website gwrober! Think you can pull some of your magic and get the 3rd set of minutes from the fence committee posted. A member of that committee mentioned that there was a 3rd set of minutes at the last meeting and did not know why they were not posted.

If you ever decide to run for the BOD, you got my vote.
I'll see if I can get them, but I can only post what they instruct me to - it's their site, I only 'facilitate' it!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,325 times
Around lunch time today my wife went for a walk and noticed "Four Season Painting and Pressure Washing" door hangers on neighbors driveways. They were laid / thrown on the driveways instead of being put at the front doors. To bad for the company since many ended up in the streets. I picked up a couple lying in the street tonight as I went to get the mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio