Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
When we bought this house, not ever living like
dolls in their houses. At the mortgage company
when we signed all the papers to buy,
they skip over the language that spells
out {WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW.} ALSO,
THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THE PEOPLE
WHO PLAY GOD WITH ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS
LIFE'S & OTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER
FOR THEIR ACTIONS. TOP IT OFF YOU HAVE
TO PAY FOR IT, AND PRETEND TO LIKE IT.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT AN HOA IS
YOUR NEIGHBOR CAN'T PAINT THEIR
HOUSE FUSCIA, DON'T GET ME STARTED
ON RENTALS, SOME RENTERS ARE GREAT
SOME DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A***.

How in the heck did you or anyone else miss The Villages of Westcreek a Deed Restricted Community Signs?

Everyone wants to blame the Mortgage Company, Selling Agent, etc. Now if we all wore blinders then yes blame someone else or can't read that a different story. I don't doubt that this information is not brought up. As you know if I can make that sell then the happier myr bank account is.

There are many rules /regulations that I don't agree with and some that are down right STUPID. The fact of the matter is we all knew this coming in.

I agree that there are Renter's who don't give a Rat's Ass about WC but there are many homeowner's who are no different. Trust me -I have several neighbors and to be honest with you I'm looking forward to the day they move.

I myself really don't want anything from the HOA except for them to enforce the Standards, Coventants, pull weeds, mow the grass a little more often, and spruce up the area. For Gosh Sake give me something to be proud of when I drive into the Subdivision and into my Village. Like I've said in the past if my yard ever looked like some of the landscaping the HOA Staff fails to maintain on a regular basis (if at all) I'd have a pile of notices a foot thick or they would own my house.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-11-2009 at 06:46 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
On the topic of knowing the rules....I was aware of the rules and can see that they are not enforced evenly. I will see boats parked at houses for an extended period of time and if that homeowner is the inspector or friends with the inspector nothing is said unless I bring it up. I do bring it up since I had a boat I brought to my house on a Wednesday to do some work on it since I had a tournament I was leaving for on Thursday evening and when I got back from work on that Thusday I had a notice about it.
On to neighbors looking out for one another, that worked well back in Mayberry but now a days you are not sure if you can tell your neighbor when you will be away because they may take advantage of that info. I went to the coast a couple of months ago and let one of my neighbors I do trust know and when I got back I still had a broken window in my truck. I know that neighbor had not done anything but he did not hear anything either.
It is up to us to secure our own things the best we can and try to look out for each other but we can not hold anyone else responsible for the bad guys that come in and do wrong.
I know how you feel. My suggestion is to hound the HOA Office Staff when you see rules that neighbors are breaking and when it appears they are getting away with doing so. Several years ago I asked one of them to come out to our house to point several issues out. If you ever met a large Rose Thorn it's me. I will however be able to show them that I am in the right by complaining. Pictures, Documentation, etc .I don't ever want the HOA to think I complaining just to complain.

I refuse to allow them to stress me out too much. I'll retire in 10 years or less and I'll have a brand new Honda Goldwing waiting for me.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:09 AM

6 posts, read 8,202 times
I would if I knew how.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 AM

66 posts, read 84,061 times
Default CC&R's

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
In other words, you didn't read the paperwork and you had no idea of what belonging to an HOA entailed, I see.

You appear to be the only person on here who knows everything about everything!
OH, and before you say it, I have been reading this thread for quite sometime before I decided to put in my 2 cents.
NO!! I just said We HAVE NEVER LIVED in a deed restricted community.
In OUR OPINION CC&R"S are only good for keeping the property values up and the homes in good shape.
With the way the enconomy is, the homes can't sell, the military people rent out their homes if they are lucky, or they have that 1 or 2 that sit empty. What about all the foreclosures?
Those homes slowly DEGRADE in time and then what good is all that paperwork that says YOU MUST KEEP YOUR HOME NICE AND UP TO SNUFF!!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:47 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
Quote:

You appear to be the only person on here who knows everything about everything!
OH, and before you say it, I have been reading this thread for quite sometime before I decided to put in my 2 cents.
NO!! I just said We HAVE NEVER LIVED in a deed restricted community.
In OUR OPINION CC&R"S are only good for keeping the property values up and the homes in good shape.
With the way the enconomy is, the homes can't sell, the military people rent out their homes if they are lucky, or they have that 1 or 2 that sit empty. What about all the foreclosures?
Those homes slowly DEGRADE in time and then what good is all that paperwork that says YOU MUST KEEP YOUR HOME NICE AND UP TO SNUFF!!
No, I don't know everything about everything. I do however, pay into 5 different HOA's (rentals in CA plus Westcreek) and know a little something about them. You seem to be shifting the blame to others and don't want to accept responsibility. You made a mistake, didn't read or research what you were getting into, and now are blaming others and shifting attention away from the real problem, yourself.
What is it that you would like to do ,and can't? Someone stopping you from doing something?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Default Forget it!

Quote:
No, I don't know everything about everything. I do however, pay into 5 different HOA's (rentals in CA plus Westcreek) and know a little something about them. You seem to be shifting the blame to others and don't want to accept responsibility. You made a mistake, didn't read or research what you were getting into, and now are blaming others and shifting attention away from the real problem, yourself.
What is it that you would like to do ,and can't? Someone stopping you from doing something?
We obviously were on something when we bought here.
Coming from another state & not ever in life living in
this type of environment, WE just had no idea of
things to come, or how unproductive the times we
live in are.
You are RIGHT, We were WRONG!! I think I have tried
to make myself clear! We did not know about city living
we thought this was out of the city.
Yes, the real estate market is keeping us from MOVING!

Won't you be happy when we move! OR better yet
we can rent our house out and pay the HOA just like
YOU***
Just ignore me, I must be on something to even
banter with you.

Last edited by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy; 11-11-2009 at 11:41 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
Quote:
live in are.

YOU***
banter with you.
Shift the attention again. I see. Just trying to figure out what you're trying to do with the house, that the rules are stopping you from doing? You doing anything to annoy your neighbors? Where is the issue? You provide nothing specific...and I'm not even riding you.
I came from another state just as you...but researched beforehand. Only moved here for some family matters and will be out of here soon.
Sorry, you have to wait for the market...bad luck there.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM

Red face Truce

Quote:
Shift the attention again. I see. Just trying to figure out what you're trying to do with the house, that the rules are stopping you from doing? You doing anything to annoy your neighbors? Where is the issue? You provide nothing specific...and I'm not even riding you.
I came from another state just as you...but researched beforehand. Only moved here for some family matters and will be out of here soon.
Sorry, you have to wait for the market...bad luck there.
Have a nice life! We shall also,
when the time is right we will rent
this out to a great family.
We came to help a military family.
They have moved on & we will
also. No, we were in too big a hurry
to investigate all the alternatives,
when we moved here, so there
was no time for research.
Neighbors are great. House is great!

We take full responsibility for our actions.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,863 times
simma down now.....

Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
live in are.

YOU***
banter with you.
Do you know that the VOWC is not inside the City Limits of San Antonio? Yes living here has its ups and downs but more ups. You seem to come across like living in the VOWC is like living in Hell on Earth.

I respect that you came here to assist a Military Family. I'm sure they had been here for a while. Did they fail to mention to you about the HOA and BOD?

Last edited by wellguy; 11-11-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio