Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM

66 posts, read 84,134 times

Advertisements

whatever happened to Neighborhood Watch programs?[/quote]

I AGREE NEIGHBORS HAVE LOOKED OUT FOR EACH OTHER AS LONG
AS I CAN REMEMBER.
MY NEIGHBORS WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER,
WE HAVE ALOT OF RETIRED AND MILITARY THAT COME ALL HOURS OF THE DAY.
WE WATCH EACH OTHERS HOMES AND COMMUNICATE ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
I LIKE THAT WE LIVE IN A SMALL NEIGHBOR HOOD OF COMMUNICATORS.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM

88 posts, read 169,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Having a security guard in EACH village would be more effective but imagine how expensive that would be with the number of villages we have in WC. Of course it would be way too expensive. If there was only one or two patrolling all of WC there would be very little effectiveness hence my point about cost/benefit.

Does YOUR village have any volunteers in the COPS program?
Certainly it would be very expensive for each village to have its own dedicated security guard. My point was that security guards actually do perform and not just sit back and collect a check. I apologize I should have been a little clearer on that remark.

I don't know if we have any volunteers in the COP program in my village. As previously stated, I have never seen them around so my guess would be that we do not have representation in my village.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times
Changing the subject for a while. How do you all feel about those lazy Homeowner's that park their leaking cars in the street?. Of course this is done to prevent oil spots on that Homeowner's driveway but at the same time they are affecting the curb appeal of their home and those in the immediate area. I don't know why someone cannot spend 8-10 bucks on an oil drip pan. Sure it might be a hassel to stow the pan when the vehicle is not present.

One of these days and I hope it is soon. BC Environmental Services will become much harder on those that allow this to happen. They already have enforcement abilities.

Although the HOA Staff and BOD have no jurisdiction when it comes to County Roads they could do as I do (and I have no pull with Bexar County). Report the problems to BC Environmental Services and educate the VOWC Homeowners. There is information on their webpage that could be printed and handed out to those who are slowy contributing to the deterioration of our neighborhoods. Sometime folks just need to look outside the box and take that extra step.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-10-2009 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,745,650 times
One of these days and I hope it is soon. BC Environmental Services will become much harder on those that allow this to happen. They already have enforcement abilities

It won't be long before you can't even pee in your side yard with all these enforcement guys around.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
One of these days and I hope it is soon. BC Environmental Services will become much harder on those that allow this to happen. They already have enforcement abilities

It won't be long before you can't even pee in your side yard with all these enforcement guys around.

That may be true but I've been peeing off the patio for almost 10 years. Someone will have to be working very early in the morning or late at night to catch me. I never pee in the same spot though. I love my grass too much.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Default RGJ WE like the way you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post

You know that is just what is wrong with living in an HOA, everyone trying to tell you what do to.
We have always lived on our own land, this our 1st & last HOA!!!
We are so very tired of all the rules and paying for everyone to tell you what,when,where & how!!!!
Lord please allow the housing market to come back!
We will sell and go to where no one knows are name.
We will never be in a situation like this again.
We love our neighbors, but we can do without the RULES!!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,841,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
You know that is just what is wrong with living in an HOA, everyone trying to tell you what do to.
We have always lived on our own land, this our 1st & last HOA!!!
We are so very tried of all the rules and paying for everyone to tell you what,when,where & how!!!!
Lord please allow the housing market to come back!
We will sell and go to where no one knows are name.
We will never be in a situation like this again.
We love our neighbors, but we can do without the RULES!!

Weren't you aware of the rules when you bought the home? Everyone is supposed to get a copy.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Default Do you like playing with other people's rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Weren't you aware of the rules when you bought the home? Everyone is supposed to get a copy.
When we bought this house, not ever living like
dolls in their houses. At the mortgage company
when we signed all the papers to buy,
they skip over the language that spells
out {WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW.} ALSO,
THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THE PEOPLE
WHO PLAY GOD WITH ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS
LIFE'S & OTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER
FOR THEIR ACTIONS. TOP IT OFF YOU HAVE
TO PAY FOR IT, AND PRETEND TO LIKE IT.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT AN HOA IS
YOUR NEIGHBOR CAN'T PAINT THEIR
HOUSE FUSCIA, DON'T GET ME STARTED
ON RENTALS, SOME RENTERS ARE GREAT
SOME DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A***.

Last edited by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy; 11-11-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 AM

744 posts, read 1,212,147 times
On the topic of knowing the rules....I was aware of the rules and can see that they are not enforced evenly. I will see boats parked at houses for an extended period of time and if that homeowner is the inspector or friends with the inspector nothing is said unless I bring it up. I do bring it up since I had a boat I brought to my house on a Wednesday to do some work on it since I had a tournament I was leaving for on Thursday evening and when I got back from work on that Thusday I had a notice about it.
On to neighbors looking out for one another, that worked well back in Mayberry but now a days you are not sure if you can tell your neighbor when you will be away because they may take advantage of that info. I went to the coast a couple of months ago and let one of my neighbors I do trust know and when I got back I still had a broken window in my truck. I know that neighbor had not done anything but he did not hear anything either.
It is up to us to secure our own things the best we can and try to look out for each other but we can not hold anyone else responsible for the bad guys that come in and do wrong.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,841,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
When we bought this house, not ever living like
dolls in their houses. At the mortgage company
when we signed all the papers to buy,
they skip over the language that spells
out {WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW.}
ALSO,

THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THE PEOPLE
WHO PLAY GOD WITH ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS
LIFE'S & OTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER
FOR THEIR ACTIONS. TOP IT OFF YOU HAVE
TO PAY FOR IT, AND PRETEND TO LIKE IT.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT AN HOA IS
YOUR NEIGHBOR CAN'T PAINT THEIR
HOUSE FUSCIA, DON'T GET ME STARTED
ON RENTALS, SOME RENTERS ARE GREAT
SOME DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A***.
In other words, you didn't read the paperwork and you had no idea of what belonging to an HOA entailed, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio