Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 07:24 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Saw the maint guys by the bridge by the sports park chipping the piles of limbs that had been dumped there. This is the ones I posted pics of on here a week or two ago. Glad they are getting that TCO'd.
I'm glad that they finally approached the mess. I stated to think that they were going to wait until the November Household Trash Day when there will be a dumpster available.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
I was at the meeting till about 830p or so. What did I see? A lot of commentary from disgruntled home owners along with specific calls for resignation of the board members. For the most part the board was SILENT, no engagement, response, etc....
Considering what was posted above, I am wondering why the board DIDNOT answer the q's about the speed bump/fire truck issue. If the above poster knows reasons "why", you'd think the board would too.
As for the hispanic guy's "white people" comment.....if you heard it in context I don't think you would have been offended.
BY the time I had to leave they were just getting into topics that were carried over from the last meeting, the budget, etc.... so I would like to hear from those who were able to stay all the way to the end.

I have been a resident for 3 yrs now and I came to WC because the neighborhood was, overall, visually appealing with many examples of pride of ownership. I liked that I saw a lot of folks out walking/jogging...most of whom waved as I drove by. Seeing kids on bikes, some with family, some family out walking their dogs, etc... vast majority of folks looking neatly kept/dressed, etc..all of this gave me the sense that this was a peaceful, family-oriented community! The amenities were a huge plus AND having a HOA was something I saw as a real deal MAKER since I was under the impression my dues would fund an organization that would work to keep WC a great place to live.

I wish I still felt that way now. After attending this meeting I feel strongly that we are at a real "tipping point" here! If the board, AND the residents don't get some real solutions to our real problems going soon we WILL start to lose good residents. There are just too many other housing options in the area now!! Yes, I do plan on attending future meetings and yes, I do plan on getting more involved(as time will permit w/ work and two small kids).
It does upset me that the BOD does not speak up when they are taking a brow beating on topics such as the speed bumps. I don't know if they ever told those that voiced their concerns a while back, which got the speed study done, that they are not the ones' responsible for installing them.

Has anyone had a chance to see the proposed 2010 Budget?. I was told last night that I could pay if I wanted a copy. I thought that was for those that wanted an early copy, before the meeting.

I wasn't there when the "comment" was made but the way it was stated it sounded like a compliment of sorts. I'm sure it was.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM

86 posts, read 175,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I see they're cleaning the bridge. Wellguy, did you contact someone on this or did they do that on their own? If you did, thank you.
Guess you didn't Hear Ken Lemanski's presentation on how the whole process transpired...... The County came into some stimulous funds - our bridge area was supposed to have been on the agenda last year; but couldn't be done until funds became available. Thus the short notice and quick action on the Counties part. The trees were contributing to damage to the bridge as well as accumulating a blockage of debris that caused water to back up. In the meantime the gang graffitti, blockage and damaging trees have been eliminated.....the other bridge area on Westcreek Oaks is due to be cleared next....

Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM

The County does a Great Job here in Westcreek.

Could someone please explain why the topic of "Eminent Domain" came up last night as someone was speaking of the fences.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,888 times
Not sure what is going on with all the Westcreek drama but I just read the very long horrible rant called "A Letter to Westcreek Dissidents" that I picked up at the office this morning. Um, has anyone else read it? It's kind of offensive and a little sickening how the front desk staff proudly displayed the reading material. I thought it was a letter from the president or a board member or someone working in the office. It's NOT! I'm a little concerned. What if a potential home owner goes to the office to get info. about the area and reads this completely inappropriate column? Nobody wants to move into a neighborhood that has disgruntled homeowners! Can this column be removed from the front desk? Please.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkymama View Post
Not sure what is going on with all the Westcreek drama but I just read the very long horrible rant called "A Letter to Westcreek Dissidents" that I picked up at the office this morning. Um, has anyone else read it? It's kind of offensive and a little sickening how the front desk staff proudly displayed the reading material. I thought it was a letter from the president or a board member or someone working in the office. It's NOT! I'm a little concerned. What if a potential home owner goes to the office to get info. about the area and reads this completely inappropriate column? Nobody wants to move into a neighborhood that has disgruntled homeowners! Can this column be removed from the front desk? Please.
I agree, it may not be appropriate. But, I think people have been asking to see it because it has been referenced at the meeting and in the meantime, it has been removed from the blog site. They may have just put it there for convenience.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
I noticed that they started spraying the fences a few weeks back, and seem to have stopped. Anyone know what the plan is?

Old 10-21-2009, 09:59 AM

[quote=wellguy;11276231]It does upset me that the BOD does not speak up when they are taking a brow beating on topics such as the speed bumps. I don't know if they ever told those that voiced their concerns a while back, which got the speed study done, that they are not the ones' responsible for installing them.

From what I understand, The President of the Board addressed all the questions and concerns towards the end; after they worked through the planned agenda.......

Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I noticed that they started spraying the fences a few weeks back, and seem to have stopped. Anyone know what the plan is?
They were spraying some yesterday. Looks like of lot of the "repairs" haven't been done so those haven't been sprayed.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkymama View Post
What's up with that? It caused quite a fury Monday night at the BOD Meeting. Several Residents who were offended by it accused the BOD Members of writing it. Some of the BOD Members said that they read it and thought it was offensive and written in very poor taste. I find it stupid of the HOA Office Staff to have it out in plain site or let alone anywhere in the building.

Last edited by wellguy; 10-21-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio