Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,745,282 times

Advertisements

That probably says something about this city...

You mean county don't you, since you actually live outside the city limits and have no protection from SAPD?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,437,013 times
Yes, we are technically in the county, but I consider the region to be a part of San Antonio. I too am sick of everything around here and not just this one neighborhood. It is the entire area and it is not how it used to be.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,841,086 times
I hope you are out soon too, RD. You're right, this city sux. So much better out there.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 AM

71 posts, read 110,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Have you ever called BCSD on these SCUMBAGS? If so what did they do or tell you? I would have thought that there would have been one Hell of an investigation. If you can't get anywhere with the BCSO then contact the BC DA's Office - it can't hurt to try.

If those people are that Hard Up and Lazy they are probably Section 8. If that is the case they are really screwing us. They destroy our homes, steal our property, force us to pay Higher Insurance Premiums, and we pay to house and feed them. Don't get into an accident with any of those vehicles since they more than likely don't have Automobile Insurance.
Yes, they have been doing everything they can to get them out of WC due to them threaten the witness husband after a breakin his wife witnessed, they know walk loaded everywhere they go.

Homeowner's that rent out their home's need to start doing a back ground check on these people when they rent out their home's so we don't have this type of mess going on. Wonder if there some rules through the HOA when a homeowner here in WC put's their home up for rent and a list of names who not to rent to cause of their previous actions etc...

Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 AM

71 posts, read 110,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
A friend of my daughter's had an incident yesterday evening and it wasn't good at all. She was driving from her parent's house (in a different section of Westcreek) to our house and heard a loud noise around the four-way stop @ Military and Westcreek Oaks (going down Westcreek Oaks from 1604 direction towards Military and taking a left like you would go to the park. She got to my house and looked at her car and there were two small dents next to each other. My daughter got me and said someone had shot her car and I went out to check it out. It looked like a very small caliber something did hit it because they were real dents and it took the paint off. It wasn't a high caliber mark, though, because that would've gone right through. This was above the top of the door sill on the rear passenger side and they were about three inches apart. She said she only heard one noise, but who knows how loud the radio was. I told her to call BCSD non-emergency and a deputy arrived within a couple minutes. He got out and immediately said those weren't marks from a bullet and speculated someone threw something at her. There was nobody on the street and the dents were deep enough to require some serious effort; probably more than a human could do with such a small object (the dent was only around one inch in diameter). I've never seen what a pellet or BB does to a car, so I don't know how that would look, but I seriously doubt a human throwing something could do that. I speculated it may also be a couple pellets from a shotgun, but you would hear that and I'm sure someone would call it in.
Anyhow, just an FYI for the rest of you out there, especially if you heard something in that area around 6:30-6:45 PM last night. I was very disappointed by the deputy's "investigation". He said he was going to check out the area, but I doubt he did jack. I am not surprised by that, though. Very typical lazy response from what I've seen around here.
BTW, this makes the fourth time I've been involved in something where the police had to be called since I moved here in 2001. Prior to that, I had never had to call the police for anything in over 33 years. That probably says something about this city...
Thanks for the info... will keep an eye open.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 PM

80 posts, read 196,558 times
Hi everyone. My family and I just moved in the Reserve @ WC about 5 weeks ago and so far we absolutely love it. We both love that when we turned into the Villages it just feels relaxing and like home. I love seeing people walk their dogs, jogging, walking. Everyone is so friendly always waving, etc. I have young children so the fact we have pools and parks is even better. I really love the country feel of the Villages.

Now I have to admit if I had read this thread prior to building our home I may have avoided it like the plague. But I'm glad I didn't.

For the past couple of weeks I've been reading through this thread and I have a few questions/statements:
1. Everyone who has had issues with the current HOA/BOD over the 10+ years have any of your run for the BOD in order to try to change things?

2. We haven't seen any graffiti in our area where is the problem mostly seen? In fact, one of the things my husband and I said when we drove through the area prior to and during the building of our house was that we loved the fact the graffitti was minimal. I think we saw it once at the entrace of military and the next week when we drove out it was gone.

3. I agree the house with the broken fence and very tall grass off military is really an eye sore but I never allowed it to reflect on the entire area.

4. The HOA fees seem reasonable to me but I don't like the fact of a possible increase because living in the Reseve we have an additional HOA that keeps up our subdivision that we have to pay into.

5. I went to the HOA office to pay my dues and everyone was extremely polite. Only thing they didn't inform me of was that I needed a picture.

6. I'll be at the annual meeting for the voting of the BOD but I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Unfortunately or is it fortunately, reading this thread for the past few weeks really has my head spinning so I'm not sure what is accurate and what is rumor. I guess I better get to doing some research.

I just want to end by saying I'm new to WC and so far we love it. This is definitely a step up from where we used to live and I hope that doesn't change.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Hi everyone. My family and I just moved in the Reserve @ WC about 5 weeks ago and so far we absolutely love it. We both love that when we turned into the Villages it just feels relaxing and like home. I love seeing people walk their dogs, jogging, walking. Everyone is so friendly always waving, etc. I have young children so the fact we have pools and parks is even better. I really love the country feel of the Villages.

Now I have to admit if I had read this thread prior to building our home I may have avoided it like the plague. But I'm glad I didn't.

For the past couple of weeks I've been reading through this thread and I have a few questions/statements:
1. Everyone who has had issues with the current HOA/BOD over the 10+ years have any of your run for the BOD in order to try to change things?

2. We haven't seen any graffiti in our area where is the problem mostly seen? In fact, one of the things my husband and I said when we drove through the area prior to and during the building of our house was that we loved the fact the graffitti was minimal. I think we saw it once at the entrace of military and the next week when we drove out it was gone.

3. I agree the house with the broken fence and very tall grass off military is really an eye sore but I never allowed it to reflect on the entire area.

4. The HOA fees seem reasonable to me but I don't like the fact of a possible increase because living in the Reseve we have an additional HOA that keeps up our subdivision that we have to pay into.

5. I went to the HOA office to pay my dues and everyone was extremely polite. Only thing they didn't inform me of was that I needed a picture.

6. I'll be at the annual meeting for the voting of the BOD but I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Unfortunately or is it fortunately, reading this thread for the past few weeks really has my head spinning so I'm not sure what is accurate and what is rumor. I guess I better get to doing some research.

I just want to end by saying I'm new to WC and so far we love it. This is definitely a step up from where we used to live and I hope that doesn't change.

Two words- Honeymoon period.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM

80 posts, read 196,558 times
Maybe..or maybe not, FCF. Or I just like to view the glass as half full as opposed to half empty and right now I love WC. I think anyplace you land is what you make it. So if all the new home builders see WC as I do they are going to do everything they can to keep their properties up to par. Which is good for the entire village.

From what I've read the past few weeks, FCF you are moving so I hope you view your new home the way I view WC. I really do wish you the best of luck.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Maybe..or maybe not, FCF. Or I just like to view the glass as half full as opposed to half empty and right now I love WC. I think anyplace you land is what you make it. So if all the new home builders see WC as I do they are going to do everything they can to keep their properties up to par. Which is good for the entire village.

From what I've read the past few weeks, FCF you are moving so I hope you view your new home the way I view WC. I really do wish you the best of luck.
Thank you. I've already lived in the area in which we are moving to. I know what to expect and can't wait to leave this place.
As far as living in WC, good luck with that one. It was definitely a step (actually more than one step) down for us.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,745,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Thank you. I've already lived in the area in which we are moving to. I know what to expect and can't wait to leave this place.
As far as living in WC, good luck with that one. It was definitely a step (actually more than one step) down for us.
I don't know how long it's been since you are going back to where you've lived before. Maybe it's the same, maybe it's not. And I don't know why WC residents continually want to bash the area they are living in(especially when they are trying to sell their home). Makes no sense.

WC is not immune to all of societies ills and certainly not immune to the economy.

Been a long while since I was at WC, but I was recently doing some work in WC and after viewing this forum for some time, was really expecting to see something like Heritage or Indian Creek or Sky Harbor. Not the case at all. I was there for about 2 hours and saw two BCSO patrols; the community center, pools, parks, HOA offices all looked in pretty good shape to me. Granted, I was driving and didn't get out and look at every blade of grass.

Quit bashing San Antonio. If you have nothing nice to say, then......

Last edited by RGJ; 03-31-2010 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio