Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,786 times

Advertisements

Wonder how many different credit cards the HOA has and why there isn't just one in use if there are multiple cards.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
What is the legal way for WC residents to dispose of hazmat...old cans of paint specifically.
Household hazardous waste pickup on the county web site:
http://www.co.bexar.tx.us/How_Does_it_Work_2004.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM

56 posts, read 75,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I snicker when I read from some Poster's and some bafoon on the HOW site who insists our dues be raised to $400 per month. Well those individuals need to realize that when "taxes" for this and that (again from the person who so eloquently wrote that dumb ass letter on the HOW Website) are placed upon a Homeowner they will end up with a Subdivision with more Home Rentals than Red Box has Video Rentals. To even consider something like that in a time like this or any other is like me peeing in the wind. It's downright stupid. I have done many stupid things in life but peeing all over myself was not one of them.
Wellguy, who specifically from HOW is calling for a $400 monthly assessment? I checked out their website and could not find anything or anyone that stated such.

I think you may be refering to that letter "Westcreek - The 5th Column". That particular inflammatory letter was directed at homeowners who dare to speak up against the Board. It looks like the writer of the letter got the opposite effect. Now, homeowners are organzed and growing into a strong voice in the community.

The folks from HOW are good people. I mean they are supporting candidates that are willing to take questions and answering them online (see the Village Voice page). Now when we vote in April we won't do so blindly. They are not just sitting back and pointing the fingers.

I read on their News page of the HOW site that they are starting a new HOW Online Forum. Sounds more community focused. How can anyone criticize HOW for providing us this service by making this forum available? My question is why didn't the Board of Directors do something like this?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,871 times
Common Man- Sorry for my error. It was the famous "Disident Letter" that was sent when HOW was forming.

It's too bad that the individual did not have the nuts (or as fistclassflyer says "stones", which is a great way of putting it) to sign their real name. I think it was signed Micro Pubic or something like that.

How are we ever going to be able to thank the individual if we don't know who he /she is ? If that person talks like they write I would sure hate to get into a verbal conversation. I would have to bring my sleeping bag and pillow. Darn I have read books that had less words than that letter but unlike the letter all the books I read are Non-Fiction.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Wellguy, who specifically from HOW is calling for a $400 monthly assessment? I checked out their website and could not find anything or anyone that stated such.

I think you may be refering to that letter "Westcreek - The 5th Column". That particular inflammatory letter was directed at homeowners who dare to speak up against the Board. It looks like the writer of the letter got the opposite effect. Now, homeowners are organzed and growing into a strong voice in the community.

The folks from HOW are good people. I mean they are supporting candidates that are willing to take questions and answering them online (see the Village Voice page). Now when we vote in April we won't do so blindly. They are not just sitting back and pointing the fingers.

I read on their News page of the HOW site that they are starting a new HOW Online Forum. Sounds more community focused. How can anyone criticize HOW for providing us this service by making this forum available? My question is why didn't the Board of Directors do something like this?
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Several years ago I remember that there was a Discussion Forum on the VOWC Page. What makes me remember this is the fact that I once used all Caps and I was accused of "yelling" Hell that was news to me.

I sincerely wish there was something like this again. I would rather voice a concern /complaint to the BOD /HOA Staff Publicly and give all other Resident's a chance to read it and / or reply.

Yes there would have to be some ground rules but at the same time we would get a good taste of those that have selected /elected to Represent us and to those that we PAY.

I however don't see this happening. There is no doubt it is needed.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:27 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,415,438 times
why did someone scrape parts of Military by Westcreek Oaks? It's like they scraped part of the road off and never bothered replacing it and it is not pleasant to drive over either. My wife said it is a lot worse in her car with the very low profile (45s) tires.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:13 AM

173 posts, read 618,069 times
Been reading these threads and have gotten more and more fed up! I will be voting in April and I am doing my part to encourage my neighbors to get involved and vote.

I do think the homeowners here HAVE TO get involved and be our own "compliance monitors" with our neighbors. Nothing works better then a little peer pressure. ;-)

One example: one summer we started doing some lawn improvement as did one of our neighbors......being outside so much, we found ourselves visiting with other neighbors more and more as they noticed and commented on our work. In the conversations topics of keeping property values up and keeping WC nice were discussed. It wasn't long before we noticed some of our other neighbors starting to do work on their yards too!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Several years ago I remember that there was a Discussion Forum on the VOWC Page. What makes me remember this is the fact that I once used all Caps and I was accused of "yelling" Hell that was news to me.

I sincerely wish there was something like this again. I would rather voice a concern /complaint to the BOD /HOA Staff Publicly and give all other Resident's a chance to read it and / or reply.

Yes there would have to be some ground rules but at the same time we would get a good taste of those that have selected /elected to Represent us and to those that we PAY.

I however don't see this happening. There is no doubt it is needed.
There used to be, yes - several years ago. I don't know why it was abandoned (wasn't a resident yet).

I can imagine that they probably won't go with a forum - forums are difficult to manage (ask the CD mods!), full time jobs almost, and can get out of hand quickly. Everyone is already here on CD, would be good to see them come out here and interact with residents!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
Been reading these threads and have gotten more and more fed up! I will be voting in April and I am doing my part to encourage my neighbors to get involved and vote.

I do think the homeowners here HAVE TO get involved and be our own "compliance monitors" with our neighbors. Nothing works better then a little peer pressure. ;-)

One example: one summer we started doing some lawn improvement as did one of our neighbors......being outside so much, we found ourselves visiting with other neighbors more and more as they noticed and commented on our work. In the conversations topics of keeping property values up and keeping WC nice were discussed. It wasn't long before we noticed some of our other neighbors starting to do work on their yards too!
What happened to you is exactly what I hope for when I work in the yard.

Good going and I hope that the trend continues.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
why did someone scrape parts of Military by Westcreek Oaks? It's like they scraped part of the road off and never bothered replacing it and it is not pleasant to drive over either. My wife said it is a lot worse in her car with the very low profile (45s) tires.
Good Morning,

I would contact Bexar County Public Works Cagon Road Service Center @ 465-4528 Monday morning. There is no doubt that the will answer the question.

Some would say its only their job but those Folks do a lot of great work here in WC. I am always letting them know when I call and do not hesitate to contact our County Commissioner. Now this my opinion, but they do more to keep up WC than our own Maintenance Staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio