Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,415,438 times

Advertisements

This was probably an honest mistake...

My wife just called me at work to ask if at&t was supposed to be out, which they weren't. Luckily she's smart and told the guy he wasn't coming in until she called me to see if I called them. She said he was in uniform and left before she could get back to tell him he wasn't getting in. Also probably didn't hurt that all the dogs greeted him at the door and my new (and loaded) Mossberg 12 gauge was on the coffee table in clear sight...

He probably had the wrong house, but better safe than sorry in case this was a good time to be a little paranoid.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 AM

18 posts, read 24,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
why did someone scrape parts of Military by Westcreek Oaks? It's like they scraped part of the road off and never bothered replacing it and it is not pleasant to drive over either. My wife said it is a lot worse in her car with the very low profile (45s) tires.
rd, I saw who I thought was Bexar County out there the other day repairing the cracks in the road with tar. I think they probably put tar down with light gravel in the hopes or repairing some broken pavement in that area. It was a white p/u truck and about 3 guys but it may have been some BC contractors.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 AM

71 posts, read 109,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
This was probably an honest mistake...

My wife just called me at work to ask if at&t was supposed to be out, which they weren't. Luckily she's smart and told the guy he wasn't coming in until she called me to see if I called them. She said he was in uniform and left before she could get back to tell him he wasn't getting in. Also probably didn't hurt that all the dogs greeted him at the door and my new (and loaded) Mossberg 12 gauge was on the coffee table in clear sight...

He probably had the wrong house, but better safe than sorry in case this was a good time to be a little paranoid.
Wow, that's crazy! What subdivision do you live in? If you don't mind me asking. There was three AT & T trucks out in my Subdivision (Estates, come in thru Military first stop sign to the left) on Saturday, the Men were just hanging out talking never saw them walk up to a house (strange).

Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM

19 posts, read 43,258 times
Apparently there is another house fire in Highpoint, same street as the one on New Years eve.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:52 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,620 times
I wondered why the helicopters have been going in circles over our house for the past 45 min. I do not know what is going on in this neighborhood.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,786 times
WOAI mentioned Point Circle I think it was.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,786 times
Just pulled up the scanner at Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com sounds like the fire it out now.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM

19 posts, read 43,258 times
That's good news. It must not have spread to any adjacent houses.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 AM

66 posts, read 84,051 times
Default House Fire

[quote=wc2005;13212102]WOAI mentioned Point Circle I think it was.

The house that burned down to the ground was on Point Circle.
He is a great friend to us. The fire marshall ruled the one that
burned down on the end of Point Circle 1/31/2009 was due to
the garage door opener. These door openers were put into every
house in the Highpoint Subdivision, by the Contractors.

I believe every house in that subdivision needs to be inspected
by another contractor for garage doors and electrical. These 2
homes were just 2 or 3 apart from each other and given the heat
it was amazing another didn't catch on fire.

The gentleman whose house burned to the ground last evening
has not found his cats as of this posting.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM

66 posts, read 84,051 times
Default Fire in Highpoint Subdivision

The house that burned down to the ground was on Point Circle.
He is a great friend to us.
The fire marshall ruled the one that burned down on the end of Point Springs
1/31/2009 was due to the garage door opener.
These door openers were put into every
house in the Highpoint Subdivision, by the Contractors.

I believe every house in that subdivision needs to be inspected
by another contractor for garage doors and electrical. These 2
homes were just 2 or 3 apart from each other and given the heat
it was amazing another didn't catch on fire.

The gentleman whose house burned to the ground last evening
has not found his cats as of this posting.[/quote]
I misspoke, these 2 homes were in the same subdivision but not
next door to one another. This fire started in a bedroom not the
garage.

I would have my home inspected by an electrician, if I lived in
Highpoint Subdivision**

This gentlemans cats are still missing as of this posting**

Last edited by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy; 03-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Addition of animals missing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio