Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
Hi Everyone, I have not had time to tell everyone the good news! The good news is that they have found and arrested the thieves, heard their kids where taken away also so sad. One of the men has a Mexican spouse and they tend to walk the neighbor hood often pretending as if it's part of their exercise. Yes, they live in WC on top of everything, if anyone is curious here is their address Moderator cut: street and number, last subdivision next to the old sport park. Does anyone know if that subdivision is park of WC? Have to get back to work know.
Supposedly was a break-in in The Bluffs yesterday.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 AM

71 posts, read 109,963 times
Yes, the thieves that are break-in houses. The ones that driver the silver SUV with Mexico license plate they live on Caravel Moderator cut: street number.

Last edited by Bo; 02-25-2010 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: The street number is a bit too much information.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,871 times
It's getting bad out there Folks. Cars and Property Vandalized, Graffiti. What's next someone getting Sexually Assualted?. Weekly there is some sort of crime committed here in Westcreek.

Whether you are part of COPS or NOT we have to become more vigilant and never hesitate to pickup the phone and contact BCSD. We cannot turn our heads or close our eyes to any suspicious activity.

I don't have to say this because you all know but Crime Costs All of Us. 5-6 years ago (maybe more) our neighbor was found guilty of Mail Fraud. He burned his small grocery store down and filed a false insurance through the mail. I never saw so many Federal Agents in one place. Boxes, Computers, etc were removed from his home. Well he was convicted and he spent several years in the Big House. Soon after he returned home the Mattress in the Master Bedroom was set on Fire. His Wife told me it was the Kid's playing with matches. True or not I didn't buy it as I suspected our Neighborhood Convict. It took nothing for me to pick up the phone and contact the Bexar County Fire Marshall. I was assured it would be investigated and I have no doubt that it was. I however cannot tell you what the outcome was.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 PM

Time passes by quickly as we all know and April will be here before we know it.

April 22nd is our Annual Meeting. Be sure your HOA Dues are paid in full. If not you cannot Vote for the new BOD that we desperately need. * You won't even get a Door Prize Ticket . Maybe I shouldn't worry about that since there is more than likely no money to by any. Be sure and Load up on the Cookies, Snacks, etc. Seriously though please make certain that you do not owe the HOA any monies.

I will come clean and say I only feel good about one of our current BOD Members.

As many of you know this BOD appears to make the "Rules" as they go. I encourage all of you, including myself to go to the VOWC HOA webpage and read all of our Documents. We have to let them know that we are all well versed so nothing can be put past us.

If you speak at the March or April Meetings make certain that you have the Document or at least the Section, Chapters, Paragraph, etc. (if you concern calls for it) that you can qoute if there is a need to challenge them. As I have stated they will call their own shots if we allow them.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-25-2010 at 07:14 PM..

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,828,504 times
wellguy,

I wish there were more people like you in my community. Our community had our BoD meeting this week and it was a dismal turnout (as it has been the last 5 years). Nearly 300 homes and we barely get 25 people to show up.

Everyone wants to complain about this problem or that. But when suggestions are made to create groups to help canvas or watch things, nobody wants to volunteer.

Well I'd had enough of the crap that's been going on in our community the last year and am now holding a position on our board. I just hope that I can get the changes that we need as a community.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 AM

66 posts, read 84,051 times
Default Fences {laugh]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Does anyone know the "time frame" for the Common Fence Re Construction? It is sure taking a long time and there are areas of fence that has been ready to stain for weeks. Has Lowes run out of Stain? This morning I drove down Garston to Military and then to Loop 1604 which is not my daily route. I had a rude awakeninig when I saw a section of fence lying on the ground which allowed me to gawk into the backyard of that home. Well it looked like S... . To make things worse this evening my Wife told me the fence has been that way for over a week.

Does our BOD and HOA Staff ever think about those that are trying to sell their homes? Don't they realize that there are homes in The Reserve at Westcreek with selling prices up into the $200,000.00 plus range? They are doing a crappy job of attracting new Residents to Westcreek. Let me say I have nothing against those who rent or lease as long as they do their part and keep up their yards, homes, etc. What is going to happen and I've seen this before, is that homes will not sell and the Owners's will have no other choice but to rent / lease them out. With that comes in some cases SCUMBAGS who could care less about Westcreek. If Folks want to live like PIGS they need to do it in the privacy of their residence not outside where it is seen by everyone.

For over a month there has been a Christmas Tree along Military Dr (driving West it is on the Right after crossing the bridge. Does our HOA Staff drive with blinders on? Maybe they are expecting the County to pick it up. I'm certain that our Maintenance Staff drives by that tree on a daily basis. My question is why can't they take it upon themselves to stop and pick that tree up? Is it because it is on County Property? Come on HOA Staff, if I can walk my Village and pick up trash in the street , sidewalks, edges of yards, oh yeah and pull weeds at our Monument you can sure as hell pick up that tree. Maybe the HOA has gone Green and they are leaving that tree there since it will eventually decay and become compost.

This is why I laugh when I hear that our BOD / HOA are keeping up our property values. To that I say BS!
Dear Well Guy,

At the last Board meeting {Jan 2010} I asked Mr Severs again
about the fences, that are down and we can see into the back
yards, he stated it was a process & the TPC letters had to go out!

I have been asking about this for 8 months, Severs had the gall
to try to explain the process to me. I stopped him, stating I have
heard this all before.

I asked why the association couldn't just buy the boards & fix
the problem, well of course I was told they could be SHOT by
the homeowner! It clearly appears these homes are ABANDONED OR
IN THE FORECLOSURE PROCESS.

Well, that's what I know for sure**

Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,786 times
Saw two BCSO cars on Meadowalk in The Bluffs this afternoon. They had a male who looked to be 18-20ish sitting on the curb but not cuffed, blue lights flashing on one of the police cars. Looked like a plastic spray bottle sitting near him. Not sure what was going on but this is about 3 houses away and around the corner from the break-in earlier this week.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Joe Joe- I am very suprised that the HOA does not use their (Our) resources (Man Power, a Little Money) to help keep Abandoned or Foreclosed properties up. It's pretty much a No Brainer in that the Property Owner would be billed for the HOA's expense. It would be similiar to Code Compliance within the City of San Antonio. If someone continues to ignore "orders" to mow a lot for instance, the City will have it mowed and send the Owner a bill.

When OUR BOD /HOA allows the neighborhood to go to the Dogs (wait, that's not fair since I love Dogs) it has a direct effect on everyone. They say they are keeping up our property values, HAHAHA

I'm sure glad I don't drink.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 PM

56 posts, read 75,230 times
Can somebody clear this up for me? On the Villages of Westcreek website I noticed the following information posted about the Election in April.

Board of Directors Candidacy Information - April 2010

"The Board of Directors will have 4 open seats in April. A key business item on the annual meeting agenda is the election of new Board members. If you would like to seize this opportunity for yourself or someone you believe would be a good Director, submit name(s), a short bio; you may come to the office to have a picture taken or send in a picture in a jpeg file to the Villages of Westcreek Office by February 16, 2010 in order to publish in the April Newsletter and Website."

Now, please correct me if I am wrong but this information was posted today on their website. According to my calendar today is February 27, 2010. I guess better late than sorry!!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,620 times
Wondering if anyone has any ideas for this problem:
We live at the end of Point Canyon and the creekbed/meadow is behind our house. This is private property and is CONSTANTLY being used to make our life miserable: motorcycles, 4wheeler, teenagers, and now... last night around 9 p.m., so idiot was actually driving a car back there. This is not a road! We have contacted the HOA and to their credit, they ran an article about it last year. We have contacted the owner via the listing agent, as it is for sell. They confirmed that they do not want people back there and put up NO TRESPASSING signs. Not sure if they are still up. We also called the BCSO and were told by them that the owner, not us had to let them know if someone is trespassing. So I said, "You mean you are telling me that if I see someone breaking into a home, I shouldn't call you because I'm not the owner?" How does that make sense?
I can't take it anymore... there is no peace and quiet here. What other options do we have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio