Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 06:19 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
Wellguy how do you propose to cover a nine entrances to Westcreek when most home owners don't even go all the way through Westcreek. Not everyone lives in the middle of the villages like you do.
I'm sitting here pondering and I only come up with 5 entrances /exits. Military, Westcreek Oaks, Saxonhill, Westcreek Vw, and Grosenbacher. Sure there may be nine but you're counting the 3-4 streets off of Talley which are not major.

To answer your question you put a sign at the Community Center and the Main Entrance (on the island for the Clock Tower but to the rear where you come out of the Walgreen's )

Although I travel Westcreek Oaks out in the morning I take either Military, Grosenbacher, or Westcreek Oaks in on the way home. That's M-F. Everyone has their daily route but there is no doubt that it changes on the weekends. Especially if you need your weekly Lowes Fix.

It is not practical nor would I expect a sign at every entrance. Now if the HOA were to buy /install those nice Trailing Message Signs I would suspect that Resident's would route their drives to insure they pass by to read them.

Let me ask wc2005 to see what he thinks and where the best placement would be.

What's up with the White Dodge Pickup on Garston ? The two right tires have been flat for over a week, maybe longer. Wouldn't that be considered an inoperable vehicle or is it exempt from any enforcement since it more than likely has a current Inspection and Registration Sticker? That place is starting to look like Hillbilly Heaven. If the Guy died or is hospitalized I'll shut up.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-11-2010 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 06:35 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
I'd say start with the clock tower and expand out to the other major entrances. Those temp signs run about $20 each and that money could be used to buy the electronic signs. Couple the electronic signs with an up to date webpage and most people would get the info if they desire it.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
I will add that we have been working with the VWOA with their communication practices (newsletter,etc) and surprisingly have met with some resistance. But, in my opinion, the ones resisting the most are the ones you'd really expect to - the types that argue first and understand later. We had one resident upset that the newsletter was too small, with tiny type, and how the h-e-double-hockeysticks was she supposed to read it?

Turns out she was looking at the screenshot in the email, and hadn't clicked on it to go to the full newsletter (like the email said to do). SO shoot first ask questions later I guess!

Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
She must be related to Derek Zoolander

Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'm sitting here pondering and I only come up with 5 entrances /exits. Military, Westcreek Oaks, Saxonhill, Westcreek Vw, and Grosenbacher. Sure there may be nine but you're counting the 3-4 streets off of Talley which are not major.
I come up with 8, your 5 and these: Point Bend and Garden Lily off of Potranco get regular use for people in High Pointe and Vistas of Westcreek. The other is Gold Spainard used by Vistas of Westcreek. Maybe the 9th is Macy Trail (Rustic Oaks) that eventually joins into Westcreek.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
What was up with the jets last night around 9:00 PM? It sounded like someone was doing engine tests a couple yards over and it wasn't like a normal flight either. Full power for not more than 20-30 seconds and then it was gone. It was followed by another burst a couple minutes later with the same short duration.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:05 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
What was up with the jets last night around 9:00 PM? It sounded like someone was doing engine tests a couple yards over and it wasn't like a normal flight either. Full power for not more than 20-30 seconds and then it was gone. It was followed by another burst a couple minutes later with the same short duration.
I know, it was driving me crazy! LOUD

Old 02-12-2010, 02:15 PM

71 posts, read 109,896 times
OMG!!! My friend's house just got broken into buy those darn theif's i just told you about on Monday or Tuesday. He lives in The Oaks on fox ford (covasack). This time they came back into his subdivision knocking on door's double checking who's home and who's not. One of his neihbor's saw the everything happen in front of her eye's after seeing them letting the dog run out of the yard and then seeing them walking in and out, what caught her attention was them carrying out some armor and called police letting them know that her neighbor was being robbed, she was in shock and was afraid to come out of her house to get the license plate, police arrived within 5minutes, sad to say they got away, again!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN FOR A LIGHT BROWN YELLOW LAB DOG RUNNING AROUND SCARED, LOST, WEARING TAG'S AND IS VERY FRIENDLY. HOPE WE CAN FIND HIM SOON BEFORE HE GETS RUNNED OVER, POLICE SAY THEY SAW THE DOG ON THEIR WAY IN FROM THE CLOCK TOWER.

Here is the discrption that was report to the police; 2 african american men wearing sweat shirts or jacket with hoodie, driving a grey silver looking SUV, alittle old looking, with no license plate in the front and a yellow with orange license plate on the rear.

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN AND REPORT ANY FALSE ACTIVITES YOU SEE THAT ARE NOT NORMAL AS THESE MEN ARE KNOW OR MIGHT BE CARYING THE WEAPON'S ON THEM.

THANK'S EVERYONE FOR YOU'R TIME.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
OMG!!! My friend's house just got broken into buy those darn theif's i just told you about on Monday or Tuesday. He lives in The Oaks on fox ford (covasack). This time they came back into his subdivision knocking on door's double checking who's home and who's not. One of his neihbor's saw the everything happen in front of her eye's after seeing them letting the dog run out of the yard and then seeing them walking in and out, what caught her attention was them carrying out some armor and called police letting them know that her neighbor was being robbed, she was in shock and was afraid to come out of her house to get the license plate, police arrived within 5minutes, sad to say they got away, again!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN FOR A LIGHT BROWN YELLOW LAB DOG RUNNING AROUND SCARED, LOST, WEARING TAG'S AND IS VERY FRIENDLY. HOPE WE CAN FIND HIM SOON BEFORE HE GETS RUNNED OVER, POLICE SAY THEY SAW THE DOG ON THEIR WAY IN FROM THE CLOCK TOWER.

Here is the discrption that was report to the police; 2 african american men wearing sweat shirts or jacket with hoodie, driving a grey silver looking SUV, alittle old looking, with no license plate in the front and a yellow with orange license plate on the rear.

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN AND REPORT ANY FALSE ACTIVITES YOU SEE THAT ARE NOT NORMAL AS THESE MEN ARE KNOW OR MIGHT BE CARYING THE WEAPON'S ON THEM.

THANK'S EVERYONE FOR YOU'R TIME.
Terrible news. Guns stolen isn't good either. This is one of those cases where the gun wasn't any help, in fact it may cost a life (or multiple) down the road since now the scoundrels are definitely armed. At least no one was home and/or hurt.
Property crime is just one on the long list of reasons why we're leaving here. I would suspect that lower wages= lower standard of living= high property crime rate.
We've never been so close to this much property crime before...very prolific throughout the city it seems.
Sure, it happens in the better areas in other states, but nowhere near this frequency, from what we've witnessed.
What is "covasack", anyway???

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 02-12-2010 at 02:36 PM..

Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM

242 posts, read 665,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
What is "covasack", anyway???
Think it's supposed to be "cul-de-sac".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio