Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 11:05 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I realize that... I was just commenting on the general area as a whole... it looks horrible
Your right. With all the signs whether Tax Prep., Yard Service, VOWC Info , it just becomes Eye Litter.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
Signs at Potranco and Grosenbacher are outside VWOA jurisdiction.
I'm not being a smart ass but the VOWC has no Jurisdiction when it comes to the signs unless they are on HOA Property. That is not the case since they are usually if not always placed on Public Right of Ways.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'm not being a smart ass but the VOWC has no Jurisdiction when it comes to the signs unless they are on HOA Property. That is not the case since they are usually if not always placed on Public Right of Ways.
NCFSH1PILOT-In correcting myself you may have meant that the signs placed at Grosenbacher and Potranco are not done so by the HOA since it is outside of WC.

I'm certain many Resident's will agree that the signs whether along Westcreek Oaks, Military Drive, or Main Street USA are not pleasing to look at. As I stated last night there has to be and needs to be a better way of getting the "Word" out in WC. If it works in other Subdivisions it can work here. Did you know that the Main Gate at the Dominion had a very nice Scrolling Sign? The Sign is Green with the Dominion Logo and Red trailing letters /wording. If this does not bother Residents' in a Subdivision with Muliti Million Dollar Homes it should be of no bother here.

I would encourage anyone to call 311 and report any sign that you feel is / may be in Violation of the COSA Sign Ordinance. An Inspector will respond and take down any signs that are without a Permit. I'm not ashamed to say that I know this from my own experience with them.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM

71 posts, read 109,988 times
ATTENSION WC HOMEOWNER'S, there has been a little red truck (don't know the make and model, something like a ranger, Nissan ect.) with two men driving around stacking house's out and waiting to make a move for some shopping. It is very obvious that they are up to no good driving very slow parking in front of driveway's/in reverse in drive ways they have no tool bed or machinery in the back what so ever to say they are working on anything. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OPEN AND MAKE A REPORT/CALL TO BCSD.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOU'R TIME.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
ATTENSION WC HOMEOWNER'S, there has been a little red truck (don't know the make and model, something like a ranger, Nissan ect.) with two men driving around stacking house's out and waiting to make a move for some shopping. It is very obvious that they are up to no good driving very slow parking in front of driveway's/in reverse in drive ways they have no tool bed or machinery in the back what so ever to say they are working on anything. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OPEN AND MAKE A REPORT/CALL TO BCSD.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOU'R TIME.
Thanks for the information. I'll pass it on to My Wife and Son.

I know the BOD /HOA cannot do much but have you reported this to them? As you know the Standards Monitor's are out daily. VOWC Maintenance are out and about, etc.

The more Folks that know the Better. With so many two Income Earner's scum like these have many opportunities to break into a home or garage. We also have many many Stay at Home Mom's / Dad's and Retired Folks that we all need to look out for.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Check out the "Trophy Ridge makes the news" thread...I commented about the TR sign on 1604 near WC Oaks.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Check out the "Trophy Ridge makes the news" thread...I commented about the TR sign on 1604 near WC Oaks.
I guess I have become more aware of my own awareness (Everyday I continue to amaze myself and sometimes others') The more I drive throughout SA and Bexar County the more I see Marquee Style and Trailing Signage in Neighborhoods.

Not one has taken away from the "Appeal" of any Subdivision. Grant it there are probably some out there that do but I sure as heck haven't seen any.

wc2005- Have you heard anything from TXDOT?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
I guess I have become more aware of my own awareness (Everyday I continue to amaze myself and sometimes others') The more I drive throughout SA and Bexar County the more I see Marquee Style and Trailing Signage in Neighborhoods.

Not one has taken away from the "Appeal" of any Subdivision. Grant it there are probably some out there that do but I sure as heck haven't seen any.

They don't call back...we'll just have to keep an eye on that sign and if it isn't gone, continue to call 311 to get to TXDOT to keep the pressure on them to remove it.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 11,150 times
Quote:

Wellguy how do you propose to cover a nine entrances to Westcreek when most home owners don't even go all the way through Westcreek. Not everyone lives in the middle of the villages like you do.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM

8 posts, read 11,150 times
Default Need Canidates

There are four positions availible on the Westcreek Board of Directors, so far there are only three people who have stepped up to run for an office. More people who are concerned about Westcreek need to step up and run for office. We all need someone who has the interest of Westcreek at heart and not their own agenda or that of a small group. if you know someone who could handle the job, encourage them to run for office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio