Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 02:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times

Advertisements

Too bad the drunks don't take out all the cars parked on the street.. that'll teach them to not be so ghetto and clean out their freaking garages.

anyhow, anyone else having their power flicker off? It's happened three times here in the past couple minutes. Been raining for about an hour too.

Last edited by rd2007; 02-04-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Yup - happened out here in Bella Vista too.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Too bad the drunks don't take out all the cars parked on the stret.. that'll teach them to not be so ghetto and clean out their freaking garages.

anyhow, anyone else having their power flicker off? It's happened three times here in the past couple minutes. Been raining for about an hour too.
No one home to ask. Raining again, huh? Raining here all day too. It's moving on up to the NE and my folks say that there is a blizzard warning in effect for parts of Jersey. 18"+ and 30MPH winds are possible... youch!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
I guess that we'll have to wait until there's a full blown emergency like a house fire and the the fire apparatus can't get between the vehicles to attack the fire. This is what annoys me about people who live on a cul de sac and park nose first on the curb obstructing traffic. I was once told that these individuals had paid more for their lots and thus were entitled to park in that manner. Ain't that some BS. When people park in this fashion they also prevent large emergency response vehicles from turning around. A problem like this is best attacked by your county commissioner of the precinct where you live...they just love getting lots of emails.
Parking nose in in a cul de sac is illegal and can result in a ticket by BCSO.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
I guess that we'll have to wait until there's a full blown emergency like a house fire and the the fire apparatus can't get between the vehicles to attack the fire. This is what annoys me about people who live on a cul de sac and park nose first on the curb obstructing traffic. I was once told that these individuals had paid more for their lots and thus were entitled to park in that manner. Ain't that some BS. When people park in this fashion they also prevent large emergency response vehicles from turning around. A problem like this is best attacked by your county commissioner of the precinct where you live...they just love getting lots of emails.
That is a poor excuse that was given to you about those who paid more for their lots. We have a paid for home and also paid a small preminum to save an Oak Tree and our house plan switched (garage side changed) so I guess I can park anyway I choose.

(Just kidding about the parking arrangements) I have learned that you don't park on the street unless you have too. We have had three vehicles, well two of ours and one SAWS Pickup (It can be parked on the street only during daylight hours) backed into by our Neighbors across the street. Yes the same Neighbors all three times. Do I sense a dislike for me or maybe a higher than expected Water Bill? I don't mind having to play musical cars. It is either my personal pickup (which is left in the SAWS Parking Garage when I drive the SAWS pickup home) or SAWS pickup that has to be moved since we use our garage for it's intended purpose. We decided that we didn't pay for a Garage to become an Uncle Bob's Storage Unit or a Pool Hall like a few of our Neighbors.

On another note.... We as Homeowners' have many questions /concerns that cannot or will not be addressed by our HOA Staff / BOD. Maybe (and I sincerely mean this) we can ask the HOA Community Manager / BOD to contact Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez and invite him to our Annual Meeting.

They can always invite Mr. Lebowitz as he has attended a past Annual Meeting(s) Several years ago I contacted his Office concerning my Famed Mad Resident vs. BFI Issue. I got off topic with one of his Aides (which is nothing new with me) who suggested we let them know when there is an Annual Meeting as he is always glad to attend. It's just a matter of giving him enough heads up.

As you all know it is common for HOA's inside the City Limits to have their City Council Person attend their Meetings.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 PM

18 posts, read 24,720 times
As I recall the BoD president at the Town Hall meeting said he had invited both Sheriff Ortiz and Judge Wolff to the Town Hall meeting. When Judge Wolff declined, Mr. Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez was invited. The information relayed back to the Association was that he or his Chief of Staff would show. Well none showed up. The Sheriff sent the COPs deputies and so the President asked the Association's lawyer, Mr. Newton to fill the gap. The one thing I as a resident do not want, is some politician showing up to campaign and satisfy his own ego.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Notice the sign just outside the WC entrance on 1604 at WC Oaks advertising houses for sale at Trophy Ridge? Its a couple of sheets of plywood mounted on 4x4 posts...a "permenant" sign. I called TXDot via 311 to report it since its on the 1604 right of way. That particular sign doesn't look bad but they decided to install their own billboard and I don't want to see a bunch of those signs popping up on our streets...not to mention they aren't legal on the right of way. So hopefully, TXDot will have that one removed soon. If not, join me in calling them until they do remove it.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:54 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
an informed citizen is a dangerous citizen.

thanks for that info

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
As I recall the BoD president at the Town Hall meeting said he had invited both Sheriff Ortiz and Judge Wolff to the Town Hall meeting. When Judge Wolff declined, Mr. Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez was invited. The information relayed back to the Association was that he or his Chief of Staff would show. Well none showed up. The Sheriff sent the COPs deputies and so the President asked the Association's lawyer, Mr. Newton to fill the gap. The one thing I as a resident do not want, is some politician showing up to campaign and satisfy his own ego.
The entire reasoning behind asking Mr. Lebowitz and or Mr. Rodriguez to attend our meeting would be for Educational /Informational purposes only.

I'm certain that this opportunity would not be used as a Politcal Commercial by these two me. Both of them are more than likely not going anywhere as far as their Politcal Positions. They would certainally be able to answer the many questions that we as Homeowner's / Resident's have.

Mr. Newton is an arrogant ....... (He made that perfectly clear at the Town Hall Meeting in August) and I could care less if he were to show up although there is no doubt he will be there in "All His Glory". I would rather he stay away since we will be paying him to attend the meeting.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-06-2010 at 03:42 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Notice the sign just outside the WC entrance on 1604 at WC Oaks advertising houses for sale at Trophy Ridge? Its a couple of sheets of plywood mounted on 4x4 posts...a "permenant" sign. I called TXDot via 311 to report it since its on the 1604 right of way. That particular sign doesn't look bad but they decided to install their own billboard and I don't want to see a bunch of those signs popping up on our streets...not to mention they aren't legal on the right of way. So hopefully, TXDot will have that one removed soon. If not, join me in calling them until they do remove it.
I know how you feel about all those signs as they are nothing but Money Making Clutter. This includes the Home Builder's Signs along Military Drive.

Even the sign that was posted in the Median at Westcreek Oaks and Military Drive (probably elsewhere) advertising the Travel? Whatever the Hell is was, is / was in violation of the City of San Antonio Sign Ordinance. Any sign that Promotes / Advertises a Business, Making Money, or any Implication of Making Money is required to obtain a permit from the City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio