Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 10:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times

Advertisements

Well, according to what you've posted here...you were eating out quite a bit...and a lot of bad stuff too. Glad to hear you're taking care of any issues.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:56 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
I just want to commend the Board of Directors at the Villages of WestCreek for their well run Town Hall meeting tonight. Thank you so much for the information packed meeting and the frank and honest discussion. Thank you for listening to our complaints and for opeing up the business processes of the Association to the homeowners. I know it would be much easier to just continue to do business as usual and stonewall us and hope that we will go away. I am sure that there might of been thoughts about stonewalling us tonight by droning on and on about useless information in an attempt to outlast most of the crowd. But you all were bigger than that and chose to have a frank, open and honest discussion with the homeowners that you were voted in to represent. . .NOT. Thanks for nothing guys. you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Must be too early in the morning...you had me for a second there. I have been sick for a couple of days and thus didn't make the meeting. Don't want to pass along the crud I have to everyone else.

Someone give us a rundown on the meeting please. Just the facts, not the emotions.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Heard it was same ole..same ole...lots of cheese to go along with the whine as well. Have to wait til April to "take care of business" and vote out board members.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:43 AM

276 posts, read 970,816 times
Can someone provide a factual recap of the meeting for those of us who could not attend?

Thanks.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 AM

35 posts, read 55,252 times
Sorry, I didn't post last night but it would have been emotional and not factual. First the recap the meeting. The board had the attorney their to explain to us the process of foreclosure that they use in acquiring the properties, and he confirmed that we do own 2 homes. One which we rent and the other the status in unknown. The attorney was there for approximately 11/2 to 2 hours in which the HOA (us) paid him $250.00 per hour. Then came the landscaping discussion. They want to change the landscaping at the entrances to the different divisions by removing the inappropiate plants and replacing them with plants appropriate to this area. I believe that anything that survives a 2 year dought without irrigation as they have just now started repairing the irrigation systems is appropiate. The Master Gardener has request the homeowners input after she draws up the plans. While I was out of the room I believe they discussed the wild hogs, and the trapping of them. Can anyone fill this part in. Next, came the budget. All 70 some over head projections where showed and all input on the budget needs to be submitted to them in writing. Salaries where increased by several thousand dollars for several positions. I don't know how many of you are getting a raise but I do know that people on Social Security aren't. ARE YOU getting a several thousand dollar raise? Next, there was a reduction in the amount that the board put into maintance of the fences on the major streets. In my opinon this will lead to a very large short fall in the budget. The board feels that since an adhoc committee recommended and the board issued the resolution stating that the fence is the homeowners responsible to maintain that the extra fund are not needed.The board can not change the by-laws by resolution. THE BOTTOM LINE OF ALL THIS IS THEY ARE PLANNING ON RAISING THE ASSESSMENT TO $300.00 a year. After the presentation there where some questions taken and I pointed out that there would be a short fall because of the fences and told Mr Severs that the board and adhoc committees didn't have the right to change the by-laws that it took a vote of the membership to change them. At which time Mr. Severs ended the meeting abruptly.

Last edited by guyo; 09-29-2009 at 09:56 AM..

Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I think it's time to call in the trouble shooters. What's the chances this lawyer is friends with someone on the board? and a master gardner? we don't need one of those and what's the chances she's friends with someone on the board as well? as far as raises, they need to justify that. I don't think they are doing anything to warrant them and if anything, they should be fired.
I need to go work out and burn up some of this anger.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I think it's time to call in the trouble shooters. What's the chances this lawyer is friends with someone on the board? and a master gardner? we don't need one of those and what's the chances she's friends with someone on the board as well? as far as raises, they need to justify that. I don't think they are doing anything to warrant them and if anything, they should be fired.
I need to go work out and burn up some of this anger.
The master gardner...she is a board member.

The problem with voting them out in April is that only a portion of their positions will be up to be voted on. They all need to go...now. I think the next board needs to come in and reduce the assessments! Still haven't seen documentation to raise it above $228 (as outlined in the CC&R).

Those who live on major roads and have an issue with the fences...have you thought about a class action lawsuit?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
Just to piggy back a bit on this. Where is it documented $50,000? Common sense tells me this number was really stretched as it was went flying around. Just like 4 break-ins went to 8 by the end of the day. I think before numbers and accusations are thrown around - verify the facts.
Good Morning,

I'm not arguing, but about the facts, where did you get the number of 4 break-ins?. If that number came from BCSD it may or may not be accurate unless someone is talking a Deputy at the Substation or one who keeps stats. I wouldn't feel that the HOA Office would be a good source. My reasoning is not all crimes here in VOWC are reported to the HOA Office.

I'm certain that most would agree if the HOA Office has Crime Stats they would share the information with the Resident's.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-29-2009 at 10:41 AM..

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzy473 View Post
Look in the minutes on the West Creek site and you will see the plans for the Gazebo. Mr. Sever said $50,000 for the three fazes for the Gazebo and beautifying of the Club House grounds.
Thank you for stating that.

On another note.....

I'm not trying nor do I hope to make anyone angry with this statement:

Yes there are rumors, unfactual facts , etc,. being discussed but there is a very good reason which was again displayed last night. The BOD is not being forthright when it comes to answering Homeowners' questions.

For example when asked about the Gazebo at the last BOD Meeting (which I feel is not going to be built) Residents were told once it was not going to be built and at the same time within minutes we were told it was on hold.

Since someone is rewriting the Webster's Dictionary I can see why there are rumors and spectulations.

In my opinion from what I see and read Homeowner's including myself have two simple requests.
1. Be Honest
2. Be Accountable.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 AM

35 posts, read 55,252 times
We are going to be electing 3 board member in April and if we get 3 like minded board members elected they can call a special meeting for removing the board members or in accordance with the by-laws article.IX 9.03 Upon an affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the Board of Directors, any officer may be removed, either with or without cause and his successor elected at any regular meeting of the Board of Directors, or at any special meeting of the Board called for such purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio