Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 PM

186 posts, read 345,610 times

Advertisements

I believe that there may be several options available wherein these perceived problems with the BOD/HOA might be remedied. 1) We could declare WC an independant country..secede from Texas and put these goobers of trial. 2) Pray for or schedule an alien abduction... sometimes I wonder if they are from the same planet or country because we aren't speaking the same language. I hear that in "space" no one can hear you scream.. 3) Hire ACORN to retrain these guys and then lets really have some fun!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM

186 posts, read 345,610 times
Thank the Great Pumpkin and Harley Davidson! Finally a rational respondent...I hope providence will always look favorably upon you Aquajox.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,832,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
At the risk of being crucified by most of the people in this thread, I would say the the BOA did a very good job trying to explain most of the issues that are often raised on this thread.

1.) They started out the meeting with a few representatives from the Sherriff's office to talk about their role in Westcreek as well as promoting the COP program. The COP program only has 10 active volunteers in Westcreek, they could use more help. Who better to know the difference between an intruder and a neighbor than our other neighbors?

2.) The 2 houses that Westcreek doesn't exactly own because the mortgage company is still owed their money, and Westcreek is not responsible to pay the mortgage (the home owner is). Therefore, the mortgage company can foreclose the house under Westcreek at any time.

3.) The gazebo was just a plan. Any business comes up with plans and examines whether or not it would be cost effective for their business. If they can create more revenue by having weddings at the clubhouse, the gazebo just might pay for itself.

4.) They spent about 1.5 hours going over the budget for next year, as well as showing the budget and what was actually spent for the past 2 years. Most of the people had left before then, but it was informative and transparent. After seeing the numbers, a hike in our assessments appears to be reasonable.

Just thought somebody might want to hear from a happy homeowner.
Of course there are way many more happy homeowners than there are unhappy.
It's the same in any business, you generally only hear from unhappy folks.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM

33 posts, read 50,962 times
While I am on the soap box, that means (5) people have resigned under the new community manager. Is it me or do any of you see the correlation?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Default Only people who are unaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Of course there are way many more happy homeowners than there are unhappy.It's the same in any business, you generally only hear from unhappy folks.
I sat outside last night and listened to the disgusted homeowners that were leaving the meeting, ask WHY? and WHO DO THEY THINK THEIR FOOLING?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,832,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDrupiewski View Post
I sat outside last night and listened to the disgusted homeowners that were leaving the meeting, ask WHY? and WHO DO THEY THINK THEIR FOOLING?

One question...how many?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:20 PM

36 posts, read 55,491 times
Default Bs

Quote:
Maybe he doesn't need the money. Not everyone needs to work.
firstclassflyer, or maybe he got so sick of all the BS just like the previous Rec. Dir., who I knew personally and who got sick of all the underhanded shenanigans going on. Please, who doesn't need to work in to today's economy?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Default How many?

Quote:
One question...how many?
Approximately 63. They also signed up for information, and signed the petition for a change. We heard alot of complaints re:,"the meeting doing the same o same o." You can interrupt that your way.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:36 PM

36 posts, read 55,491 times
Aquajox, making revenue on the gazabo - do you know that only Westcreek residents could marry there? And the master/gardner had already spent $, I don't know how much but they have beautiful paver stones all laid out in the back of the office where the gazebo was "just in the planning stages" go have a look.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:40 PM

[quote=LUVDOGS3;10972389] maybe he got so sick of all the BS just like the previous Rec. Dir., who I knew personally and who got sick of all the underhanded shenanigans going on. Please, who doesn't need to work in to today's economy.

Thank-You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio