Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 07:40 PM

80 posts, read 193,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Those are the key words..once the construction is over (and especially when the PCS'ing starts) ... Ohhh BOYYYYYY!!
Before we moved into the neighborhood we asked our salesman the occupations of most of the families. He said the majority are retired military, doctors, dentists, SAPD, military officers, etc. And from the people I have met thus far he was true to his word. So there will probably be little PCSing.

FCF I have no regrets about moving to WC. I'm sorry you had so much trouble while you were here and I hope you have found the peace you so desire in California. Best of luck to you.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:52 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Before we moved into the neighborhood we asked our salesman the occupations of most of the families. He said the majority are retired military, doctors, dentists, SAPD, military officers, etc. And from the people I have met thus far he was true to his word. So there will probably be little PCSing.

FCF I have no regrets about moving to WC. I'm sorry you had so much trouble while you were here and I hope you have found the peace you so desire in California. Best of luck to you.
He's probably right...but it only takes a few. Take a look at what's been happening to each and every village, one by one. Long timers like Wellguy and Cerberus will tell you. The HOA was in decline as well. I know you don't like to hear it,but at least take a peak out from the blinders once in a while.
Yeah,I've returned to where I came from and it's indeed....much much better. Thank You! FCF out.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I know you don't like to hear it,but at least take a peak out from the blinders once in a while.
It's not that I wear blinders I just refuse to constantly point out the negative and focus on the positive.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,681 times
Quote:
It's not that I wear blinders I just refuse to constantly point out the negative and focus on the positive.
I don't feel that I am focusing on the negative since it stares me in the face everyday.

wc2005- With all due respect I'm not giving up. I'll continue to fight, argue, and **** many Folks off for as long as I live here and that may be for the rest of my life. Crap I'll be 50 in August, My Wife is 56, and it's GREAT not having a house payment looming over us. I don't want to get back into the mode of another house payment for maybe the next 10 years. I know that moving if we do, and Lord knows I don't want to lose my ass if we sell that it will still be a gamble. I could spend $200,000.00 plus on a nice home and still end up in the same boat. The only way I can see avoiding all the negatives would be to purchase 5-10 acres and build a home right smack in the middle. I've lived 1/2 of my life in the country and I can be content in a Subdivision.
There is a problem that our HOA and BOD don't see. If they see it then it's fair to say nothing is being done. I can continue to say like many others that I have witnessed the deterioration of our Subdivision. I guess that's what happens when all the new-ness wears off. It's like buying a brand new car and doing everything you can to avoid that first door ding. Well after several years you just learn to live with it but at the same time your driving a new car that looks like crap, you've accepted it and you continue to pay for it. That's how many Folks are with their homes. I can't figure it out. Is it that we have some that don't have a vested interest in WC because they will be moving out after a few years? I think that's part of it. I also think that we have our share of lazy ass Homeowner's. I also feel that we have an HOA that does not give a Rat's Ass. If they do care then it's not too obvious. I drive down streets where homes have half of their yard missing, well it's dead, overgrown with weeds and strongly resembles the Mojave Desert. Here we are, almost June and there has been no activity by those to restore their yards. I don't expect them to either. If that does not make a street look like **** then I dont know what does. As I have previously stated I see the same wrongs day after day, week after week, and month after month and trust me it's a helluva lot more that ****ty looking yards. So with that said there are to responsible parties when it comes to a home looking like ****. One is of course and foremost the Homeowner and the Second is our HOA who has the the power and authority to see that the wrongs are righted.

If you or anyone else has a solution to the problem please tell me what it is and by gosh I'll do my best to make it work.

Last edited by wellguy; 05-23-2010 at 09:11 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,312 times
Quote:
You don't have to constantly point out the negative..just acknowledge that it exists. That place has gone downhill in a hurry.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,296 times
Quote:

When we bought in Highpoint, we were fed that same "line" by the salespeople. We are one of few officer families left in the near vicinity to our home... two did PCS last summer and rented out to people we choose not to live around now. That's why we took time to screen our renters... and I didn't consider that a luxury as someone said. We saw it as a courtesy to our neighbors. Trust me, retired officers are not buying in WC if they know anything about the area.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,828,800 times
Unfortunately, there's simply not a whole lot that can be done about it. Most renters simply don't take care of a property the way an owner would, and there's no feeling of community for them to try to comply with. That's one of the reasons that I've told others time and again - don't be an absentee landlord. NO one wins in the long run - in more ways than one.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 AM

872 posts, read 1,855,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I don't feel that I am focusing on the negative since it stares me in the face everyday.

wc2005- With all due respect I'm not giving up. I'll continue to fight, argue, and **** many Folks off for as long as I live here and that may be for the rest of my life. Crap I'll be 50 in August, My Wife is 56, and it's GREAT not having a house payment looming over us. I don't want to get back into the mode of another house payment for maybe the next 10 years. I know that moving if we do, and Lord knows I don't want to lose my ass if we sell that it will still be a gamble. I could spend $200,000.00 plus on a nice home and still end up in the same boat. The only way I can see avoiding all the negatives would be to purchase 5-10 acres and build a home right smack in the middle. I've lived 1/2 of my life in the country and I can be content in a Subdivision.
There is a problem that our HOA and BOD don't see. If they see it then it's fair to say nothing is being done. I can continue to say like many others that I have witnessed the deterioration of our Subdivision. I guess that's what happens when all the new-ness wears off. It's like buying a brand new car and doing everything you can to avoid that first door ding. Well after several years you just learn to live with it but at the same time your driving a new car that looks like crap, you've accepted it and you continue to pay for it. That's how many Folks are with their homes. I can't figure it out. Is it that we have some that don't have a vested interest in WC because they will be moving out after a few years? I think that's part of it. I also think that we have our share of lazy ass Homeowner's. I also feel that we have an HOA that does not give a Rat's Ass. If they do care then it's not too obvious. I drive down streets where homes have half of their yard missing, well it's dead, overgrown with weeds and strongly resembles the Mojave Desert. Here we are, almost June and there has been no activity by those to restore their yards. I don't expect them to either. If that does not make a street look like **** then I dont know what does. As I have previously stated I see the same wrongs day after day, week after week, and month after month and trust me it's a helluva lot more that ****ty looking yards. So with that said there are to responsible parties when it comes to a home looking like ****. One is of course and foremost the Homeowner and the Second is our HOA who has the the power and authority to see that the wrongs are righted.

If you or anyone else has a solution to the problem please tell me what it is and by gosh I'll do my best to make it work.
How about there is a brand new BOD with only one incumbent (who went from being the Pres to being the Asst. Sec). Give the new BOD a chance. Also, keep pressing the BOD, the HOA, BCSO, 311,....like you, me and many others often do. No matter where you are, there will be issues to deal with. So either deal with it, give up and run away, or don't gripe about it.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
You don't have to constantly point out the negative..just acknowledge that it exists. That place has gone downhill in a hurry.
I acknowledge that people don’t take care of their yards but am I going to just give up and not take care of mine? No. Am I going to pack up and leave? No. I’m going to continue to ensure my yard is immaculate and make theirs look like crap until they do something about it. I’m going to be courteous to my neighbors (even the ones who don’t take care of their yards) and if their yard is a mess I’m going to point it out and jokingly say “hey do you need to borrow my lawnmower”? I’m going to kill them with kindness as opposed to trying to beat them over the head with negativity. We did it in our last neighborhood and we’ll do it again in this one.

I also acknowledge that crime exists but I'm not going to stay in my home shielded away from the world. I’m going to continue to live my life to the fullest and teach my children to do the same thing. So that’s what I mean when I say I’m going to focus on the positive.

I acknowledge that life is what YOU make it. I can sit around and constantly point out the negative, run, hide or blame everyone else for the problems in the neighborhood or world or I can focus on the positive. I choose to focus on the positive because in my opinion things can always be worse.

I haven't been in the neighborhood long so I don't know what it was like before so for me to say "yes you're right things have gone downhill" would be speaking out of turn. So when I post on this forum I’m posting about my experience thus far in WC which is positive. In 6 months, a year or two years maybe my opinion will change somewhat. But I guarantee you even if it does I will acknowledge that things have changed but I guarantee you I will continue to focus on the positive of WC rather than the negative.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 AM

872 posts, read 1,855,907 times
Quote:
I acknowledge that people don’t take care of their yards but am I going to just give up and not take care of mine? No. Am I going to pack up and leave? No. I’m going to continue to ensure my yard is immaculate and make theirs look like crap until they do something about it. I’m going to be courteous to my neighbors (even the ones who don’t take care of their yards) and if their yard is a mess I’m going to point it out and jokingly say “hey do you need to borrow my lawnmower”? I’m going to kill them with kindness as opposed to trying to beat them over the head with negativity. We did it in our last neighborhood and we’ll do it again in this one.

I also acknowledge that crime exists but I'm not going to stay in my home shielded away from the world. I’m going to continue to live my life to the fullest and teach my children to do the same thing. So that’s what I mean when I say I’m going to focus on the positive.

I acknowledge that life is what YOU make it. I can sit around and constantly point out the negative, run, hide or blame everyone else for the problems in the neighborhood or world or I can focus on the positive. I choose to focus on the positive because in my opinion things can always be worse.

I haven't been in the neighborhood long so I don't know what it was like before so for me to say "yes you're right things have gone downhill" would be speaking out of turn. So when I post on this forum I’m posting about my experience thus far in WC which is positive. In 6 months, a year or two years maybe my opinion will change somewhat. But I guarantee you even if it does I will acknowledge that things have changed but I guarantee you I will continue to focus on the positive of WC rather than the negative.
And that is what makes it a great place to live! My neighbor cut my grass, his grass and the neighbor on the other side's grass this weekend...just because. There are great people in WC and there are not so great people in WC...same goes regardless of where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio