Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 03:46 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
This is an all too common occurance and we seem to be throwing good money after bad. I thought there were paid Monitor's for the Park?

It appears that we have allowed PIGS to use our Facilities and 10 to 1 they are not VOWC Residents. Well I hope to hell they aren't.
The monitor was there this morning. Not sure why no one is watching things at night? Cameras would help the situation. It just made me sick this morning because the park looked terrible.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM

186 posts, read 345,667 times
Quote:
Well I'll be darn. Do you have any clue as to why the positions were vacated?
No clues as to why...but after observing the last BOD meeting I was of the impression that the waves emanating from the board were somewhat caustic in their delivery and affect. Its been my experience its not unusual for new board members (even in industry) to come on with the large and in charge aura to show thw shareholders they mean business. Considering all of the acid rain that fell prior to the last election I guess they know that they too are under a microscope and we (the shareholders) are looking at them awfully hard. All of that aside I liked both the CM and ACM. Now that they (BOD) intend to bring in new blood I would be nervous since now they're dealing with unknowns...at least with the current CM/ACM we knew them, their character and demeanor and the BOD could adjust accordingly. If we are unlucky the BOD just might hire a closet Dexter and Hannibal Lecter, or Bernie Madoff and company to replace them. I wish them both luck.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Ditto That.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
The monitor was there this morning. Not sure why no one is watching things at night? Cameras would help the situation. It just made me sick this morning because the park looked terrible.
I would have given anything to talk to the Monitor this morning.

We either need a camera or two or lighting throughout the SportsPark. I just wish I new what those in Power are going to do about this repeating problem. The longer they let it go the more money it will cost US. Although I haven't seen the mess I know that it leaves a poor impression on those that either visit or drive through WC.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
Quote:
This is an all too common occurance and we seem to be throwing good money after bad. I thought there were paid Monitor's for the Park?

It appears that we have allowed PIGS to use our Facilities and 10 to 1 they are not VOWC Residents. Well I hope to hell they aren't.

*As you know we have "talked" about moving due to various reasons although we don't have to.. I just got off the phone with the new home Salesman who will / would also sell this home. We made it clear right from the get go that we don't want to nor will we give this house away. Yes it is paid for but I don't want to start all over again. Anyway he has come to a price but has said we need to sit down and talk in person. It seems like our homes (Yes our homes) are not selling very well at all. He made it clear that the Home Economy in WC is not doing well. Maybe that is why there are two homes for Lease / Rent on our Street. The Folks knew they couldn't sell them and like us they did not want to give their's away. Maybe this is why our next door neighbor dropped her price $7,000.00 and is getting ready to drop it another $8,000.00 . Maybe this is why our other neighbor took his off the market.
This is exactly why we, and anyone who bought around 2005-2007 is in trouble if you want or need to sell.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
This is exactly why we, and anyone who bought around 2005-2007 is in trouble if you want or need to sell.
We bought in 12/1999 . Since that time there have been 3 Foreclosures on our street alone. Heck for all I know maybe 1-2 more. I would have to check BCAD to verify but I know for certain 3.

There are 6 Streets in our Village and I would hate to think of how many more may have been foreclosed upon (I'm going to check on that to satisfy my curiosity- it's a good thing we don't have any cats). Gosh ,Westcreek as a whole must have a lot.

My Wife and I will find out just how screwed we are in a couple of days.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
It seems like our homes (Yes our homes) are not selling very well at all. He made it clear that the Home Economy in WC is not doing well. Maybe that is why there are two homes for Lease / Rent on our Street. The Folks knew they couldn't sell them and like us they did not want to give their's away. Maybe this is why our next door neighbor dropped her price $7,000.00 and is getting ready to drop it another $8,000.00 . Maybe this is why our other neighbor took his off the market.
Could've fooled me...they seem to be selling just fine in our part of WC. Had one on our street that just sold, took about 60 days but it isn't anyone's favorite floorplan and the interior colors were certainly to the seller's taste vice neutral to sell. Either way, it sold and if I recall they are about breakeven after paying commission. They've had it four years.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times
FWIW, one of the things I've observed in some subdivisions over the years is that when the investors move in, the sale prices drop - because folks start getting anxious/desparate. If you do, it starts to permeate the listing somehow. Sometimes folks think that sticking up a "for sale" sign means it should sell in a week. I've sat on homes for up to 6 months to sell 'em - but I've always managed to sell 'em within a few thousand of my initial asking price at worst. Anyone that thinks they can buy a new home, sit on it for 3 years and sell it at a profit isn't really cognizant of the way the market normally works. With our house here in New Braunfels, we got lucky - we moved just as the market began to jump (2 days after signing the contract, the house we bought went up $12k for any new contracts). The house was $144k when we bought 6 years ago. Currently, the same house is costing $198k to build. We weren't "smart" - we were simply lucky, and I readily admit that.
Our old house - about 30% of the homes within a 4 block area were rentals, and selling for $110k. We put ours up for $135k against the advice of the "top" realtor in the area selling in our subdivision - funny, but his always sold to the same 3-4 investors....he said "we'd never get it". Got it less than 48 hours after the listing. Again, lucky - the folks that bought it fell in love with some of the minor upgrades I'd done on the house. Main thing was the house was pristine the day we listed it - and the yard was in perfect shape from the street.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
Highpoint has been hit very hard because greedy Armadillo and Lennar sold to investors during those 2005-2007 years. People who thought they could flip them. Also, I don't know if you old timers remember when Highpoint was going through it's boom, most homes there were going for $200,000-240,000. Imagine what's happened to our values... you can't build equity. That's why I worry for the Reserve... I guess if you know you are staying put a LONG time, it might be ok. At least with lending practices tighter, the Reserve homes are hopefully not being sold to flippers or illegals who don't have jobs or downpayments. In all fairness, it's not just WC... it's all the new developments on the far-west side. You just have to hang on and hope it gets better.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:53 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Highpoint has been hit very hard because greedy Armadillo and Lennar sold to investors during those 2005-2007 years. People who thought they could flip them. Also, I don't know if you old timers remember when Highpoint was going through it's boom, most homes there were going for $200,000-240,000. Imagine what's happened to our values... you can't build equity. That's why I worry for the Reserve... I guess if you know you are staying put a LONG time, it might be ok. At least with lending practices tighter, the Reserve homes are hopefully not being sold to flippers or illegals who don't have jobs or downpayments. In all fairness, it's not just WC... it's all the new developments on the far-west side. You just have to hang on and hope it gets better.
Vistas of Westcreek (Centex) had many rentals from day one due to investors. Birchwood Bay is a good example. This has been going on for MANY years. Ray Ellison sold to investors back in the early 1980's and when the oil boom bust happened in the mid to late 80's there were at least 400 homes foreclosed on investors in the Northwest area (especially in the Heritage Northwest subdivision).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio