Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro_Assi_Kid View Post
Like I said, my home and landscape are immaculate, and my dues are always paid up the first of the year so I don't feel guilty for not volunteering.
With all due respect, that's part of the overall problem with society today - "Let someone ELSE do it!" I understand your angst over the previous issue, and don't blame you for the anger - but dude - if YOU don't pitch in, who WILL do it?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
This lack of action tells me that the HOA Enforceement of CC and R's and Standards is just that LACKING. If the little items cannot or will not be corrected can we expect the bigger items to be?
They may well have received a notice from the HOA. You have 10 days to correct any deficiencies before a second notice is sent.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Well, if I still lived in the states I might be tempted to rejoin civilization again! Unfortunately, I am only home maybe 30 days out of the year, the rest being spent in Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Georgia... I don't plan on being home again until the end of the year, maybe early next year. Like I said, my home and landscape are immaculate, and my dues are always paid up the first of the year so I don't feel guilty for not volunteering.
Don't feel bad about not volunteering. We are doing what is asked of us. Our paid assessments are paying Folks to do a job which in my opinion is ****ty.

Get ready Quattro_Assi_Kid I just opened up myself to voices of critisism.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM

12 posts, read 16,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
With all due respect, that's part of the overall problem with society today - "Let someone ELSE do it!" I understand your angst over the previous issue, and don't blame you for the anger - but dude - if YOU don't pitch in, who WILL do it?
Yeah, I am so much a problem with society... dude, read my previous posts, I am not home! Who will do it? How about the people we pay with our HO dues? I pay my dues (on time, ahead of time) to have the work done... I SHOULDN'T have to pitch in extra. How is all tha money being managed if I still have to pitch in? Compared to quite a few neighbors I noticed the last couple of weeks that I was home, I AM doing my part and it costs me a pretty penny to do it! It is not my wife that it out there every 2 weeks cutting the grass and keeping the shrubs looking nice. I guess I could always rent my house out and be an absent landlord who couldn't care less but I choose to still live in WC. I know my wife and I have sure talked about it lately. Our home is paid off and I could probably get a nice chunk of change every month to pay towards another mortgage if I choose. What about using it for a weekly rental property? $1400-$2000 a week during the summer would not be unreasonable...

Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times
Sorry, my friend - that wasn't intended to be aimed at you - or anyone else - just a general comment of current societal attitude....and I can be as guilty of it as the next guy. It's just that more and more, we tend to say "we're paying xyz to do it, so let 'em". While I can UNDERSTAND the attitude, I think we do ourselves a disservice with it. IMO, we all need to be more inclined to step in and step up to lend a hand where we can.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I am so much a problem with society... dude, read my previous posts, I am not home! Who will do it? How about the people we pay with our HO dues? I pay my dues (on time, ahead of time) to have the work done... I SHOULDN'T have to pitch in extra. How is all tha money being managed if I still have to pitch in? Compared to quite a few neighbors I noticed the last couple of weeks that I was home, I AM doing my part and it costs me a pretty penny to do it! It is not my wife that it out there every 2 weeks cutting the grass and keeping the shrubs looking nice. I guess I could always rent my house out and be an absent landlord who couldn't care less but I choose to still live in WC. I know my wife and I have sure talked about it lately. Our home is paid off and I could probably get a nice chunk of change every month to pay towards another mortgage if I choose. What about using it for a weekly rental property? $1400-$2000 a week during the summer would not be unreasonable...
I could not agree with you more. We pay our dues and we are expecting the money to be spent wisely and the community to be taken care of.

I will however will have to get my a.. out early one day this weekend to pull weeds at our monument. Last year I saw a young girl probably 13-14 (if that) pulling weeds there. When I stopped and told her I was appreciative and that I know what it is like to tend to the area she told me she was tired of seeing it look so bad. Shame on the HOA Maintenance Stafff for being to damn lazy to pull /chop weeds. It does give me GREAT pleasure to know that a young girl showed you up that day.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 PM

744 posts, read 1,211,266 times
Anyone here participate in the Community Yard sale last Saturday? I was told since they have changed the rules to allow us to hold up to 2 a year and the day of the month was specified, that the HOA would sign the entrances to the community and the Homeowner would be allowed to place up to 3 signs. Last Saturday was the first date that allowed this. I drove around the community Saturday morning as I placed my signs and did not see any from the HOA, also I drove around about 1 hour after the sale started and found that my signs had been removed. 2 were gone completely and one had just been pulled and layed down about 100 yards from where I had placed it. I would like everyone to know, that yard sales are allowed and when I do my next one in 5-6 months I hope that I do not catch the person who pulled my signs. I think if you see a yard sale sign and do not believe that homeowner has the right to hold it, you would have the courage to go to the address listed on the sign and check first before you take it upon yourself to pull the store bought signs and take them. My wife has low vision so participating in the one held in the Sports park is very difficult for us, so I take this issue seriously and would hope that everyone on here feels the same, and if you see that a neighbor is holding a yard sale drop by and visit. And if you did stop by to mine I would like to say Thank You

Last edited by FutureBrennanDad; 06-13-2010 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: added

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
My neighbor had the same problem. Chalk it up to ignorance.....

Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Anyone here participate in the Community Yard sale last Saturday? I was told since they have changed the rules to allow us to hold up to 2 a year and the day of the month was specified, that the HOA would sign the entrances to the community and the Homeowner would be allowed to place up to 3 signs. Last Saturday was the first date that allowed this. I drove around the community Saturday morning as I placed my signs and did not see any from the HOA, also I drove around about 1 hour after the sale started and found that my signs had been removed. 2 were gone completely and one had just been pulled and layed down about 100 yards from where I had placed it. I would like everyone to know, that yard sales are allowed and when I do my next one in 5-6 months I hope that I do not catch the person who pulled my signs. I think if you see a yard sale sign and do not believe that homeowner has the right to hold it, you would have the courage to go to the address listed on the sign and check first before you take it upon yourself to pull the store bought signs and take them. My wife has low vision so participating in the one held in the Sports park is very difficult for us, so I take this issue seriously and would hope that everyone on here feels the same, and if you see that a neighbor is holding a yard sale drop by and visit. And if you did stop by to mine I would like to say Thank You
I find it extremely CS for someone to remove another Resident's signs. Just out of curiosity since I dont know the new process, are we to purchase a Permit from the HOA?

If you followed all the rules I would like to find the Individual(s) who removed your signs and see to it that they have some added fiber to their diet.

Last edited by wellguy; 06-14-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 PM

744 posts, read 1,211,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I find it extremely CS for someone to remove another Resident's signs. Just out of curiosity since I dont know the new process, are we to purchase a Permit from the HOA?

If you followed all the rules I would like to find the Individual(s) who removed your signs and see to it that they have some added fiber to their diet.
I agree with you on the added fiber. To answer your other question, yes you need to purchase a permit from the HOA. It is $15.00 and there are cut off dates for each month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio