Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 01:41 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
I'm not surprised...and once school lets out we're probably going to see a lot more. We are going to have to keep pounding on the BOD to fence and gate the sports park, increase the level of lighting at night, and install a camera or two or three. Granted the current BOD is new and from what I hear have discussed several approaches to curb antisocial behavior in WC and monitor our community. All that's needed is a solution to the problem, an implementation plan, and action...RFN.
Al was at the sports park and he said that there was someone coming at 10 and would take photos. My husband asked him why we don't install cameras, it would be cheaper in the long run that having to clean up after those little &^*(^!

The pavillion is covered. It is going to take a little bit to get all that cleaned up. Those little dummies dont realize what they are really doing to property values around here.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM

80 posts, read 195,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Those little dummies dont realize what they are really doing to property values around here.
If they live in the neighborhood I wonder if they would have more consideration if they realized this also affects their parents' property values.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:07 PM

186 posts, read 345,645 times
Me thinks you give these little alpha hotels too much credit. Deviant & antisocial behavior is rooted in rebellion. They act out because thay believe it gives them status and respect in the circles they associate. I can assure you that no thought is given to the consequences and negative impacts of their behavior. Afterall they don't have to pay the mortgage or the household bills... an absence of obligations such as these in their activities breeds irresponsibility...so why should they care? As long as there are no consequences for their bad behavior they will continue act out. I wish they'd fence the park and then I'd go hang out at night with my Rottweillers...they just love to chase anything that resembles food.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,047 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised...and once school lets out we're probably going to see a lot more. We are going to have to keep pounding on the BOD to fence and gate the sports park, increase the level of lighting at night, and install a camera or two or three. Granted the current BOD is new and from what I hear have discussed several approaches to curb antisocial behavior in WC and monitor our community. All that's needed is a solution to the problem, an implementation plan, and action...RFN.
Maybe instead of paying an off-duty police officer $25 to sit in his car and check for VWOA ID's to enter the park, we could pay same officer, same amount to sit around the park (hidden) at night to catch these freaks.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Maybe instead of paying an off-duty police officer $25 to sit in his car and check for VWOA ID's to enter the park, we could pay same officer, same amount to sit around the park (hidden) at night to catch these freaks.
Just out of curiosity what of hours does the Officer work?

I would much rather pay one to be there at night /early mornng to control the crime and destruction.

I don't like the idea of a Non Resident (unless he / she is a guest) using our facilities but if one or several got by they would more than likely enter during the day therefore they should not cause any damage.

I wonder why the Gate Guards for the Pool could not pull double duty and check those entering the park.

After what happened Staturday at the park we all need to contact BCSD (Not just the BOD doing it) and voice our concerns and request more Patrols. If those little bastards tear up our park then as we all know they will continue to destroy our personal property. School will be out soon and I'm looking for those bored *******s to be out in droves. BCSD needs to hold their Parent responsible too. We have two Sons, one is 20 (living at home / college student) and the other one is 27 living on his own and married. I'll assure you that if either one of them would have been involved in the wanna be gang crap they would have paid dearly.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:51 PM

186 posts, read 345,645 times
Why do individuals keep revisiting this red herring? We should all be aware the BCSO doesn't have the manpower to patrol the park area for the purpose of preventing episodes of minor property crime. The only way you will see an increased LE presence in WC is if there's blood running down our streets...and WC is far from beeing a criminal killing field or bastion of violent crime. We as a community must rely on ourselves to keep vandalism and other such criminal activity in check. If you are an HOA member and aren't willing get off your dead alpha to help control the problem...,then you need to put a cork in your pie hole and quit b******g. To expect the BOD or BCSO to shoulder the burden of crime prevention and deterrence in WC is absolutely assinine. I keep hearing that individuals utilizing the sports park can't be requested to show Id. We pay dues to have and maintain this facility...so doesn't this fact make the SP private property for the express use by paying HOA members? If this is the case, as a property owner do we not have the right to know who is using the facility? It would appear that the circumstances are no different than any of us challenging a stranger or unknown individual standing in your driveway or tryng to gain access to your backyard without contacting you first. The SP is not a public facility open to nonpaying HOA members..it is there for the express use by HOA members and legitimately sponsored guests of members. The point?? Individuals should be checked for HOA membership and visitors should be accompanied by a paying HOA member and signed in and out of the SP. Unsponsored/unaccompanied use of our (WC) facilities is tantamount to trespassing and individuals with no legitimate business at the facility who refuse to leave when asked by a HOA rep(resident) are subject to criminal trespass sanctions. If an individual can't produce the HOA Id then they should be told to leave or we contact the authorities. In my opinion we don't need a LE officer to control access to the SP...after all we don't use LE personnel to control entrance to the community center...do we? I don't think that pool personnel should pull double duty by performing SP access control...it seem a dedicated SP entry control monitor along with entry control to the pool area would be adequate. And lastly...we as a HOA could be contributing to our own problem by allowing individuals who are not HOA members to rent any of our facilities for use. UI believe we set ourselves up by sending a message to people outside of our community that any one not a member of the WC association can enter and use our facilities whenver they wish to. I do know of an incident where a group of partiers in the SP were asked if they were HOA members...they stated that they weren't but the SP was a public park and they could use it anytime they wished to. I think its time to wake up and smell the cow dung and get realistic about how our facilities are managed...and if you aren't willing to help solve the problem then crawl back under your rock...we are the residents are the only group capable of solving this issue...not the BOD or the BCSO.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:53 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
I'm sorry but I disagree with you concerning BCSD. Yes I know that they are spread extremely thin but that's an issue to address with our famous County Commsssioner and Judge. I have seen firsthand the presence of Deputies both with Traffic Control (running radar and not just around schools) and Street Patrols. As a community I suggested we voice our concerns and request an increase in Patrols. Although I enter and leave WC towards 1604 I have observed a Deputy on several occassions in the unpaved parking lot of the SportsPark in the early morning hours. Most of us get up off of our dead alpha's and report suspicious activity when it is observed. Most of us work so we must rely upon BCSD to Patrol. I know this is an issue with the BOD since John Steele was going / has contacted Sheriff Ortiz. You can't always rely upon your Neighbors (I'm not judging here) There are many Folks who simply do not go outside during the day and if that's the case then the night also. A lot of homes have the Livivg Areas towards the rear of their homes so it's not like they in paticular are looking out their front windows.

As far as ID'S being checked I know it is done. From the rare times our Son visits it he has been asked for ID. He may not have the Official VOWC ID Card on him but he carries other forms of ID with his photo and address on them. Neighbors have also informed me that they are checked. If I told Folks that they are checked everytime then I'd be lying (which I pride myself upon not doing well at least knowingly)

As far as Folks approaching those using the SportsPark........I'm 6'3 1/2 and 250lbs and I would not approach a group of Individual's if I suspected they were not residents. I like my butt and I need to keep it adhered to my body. Now a lone Individual ,then maybe. I could more than likey take his butt and hand it over to him. There is a phone number posted on signage and or one can call the Non Emergency Number of the BCSD.

Now if you will excuse me I will quit B......., Stuff my Pie Hole with a cork, and crawl under the Rock in which we have been accused of living. I wish it weren't so hot ouside since that damn rock heats up fast and there is no ventilation. Well that's Texas.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:13 PM

88 posts, read 169,260 times
Quote:
Why do individuals keep revisiting this red herring? We should all be aware the BCSO doesn't have the manpower to patrol the park area for the purpose of preventing episodes of minor property crime. The only way you will see an increased LE presence in WC is if there's blood running down our streets...and WC is far from beeing a criminal killing field or bastion of violent crime. We as a community must rely on ourselves to keep vandalism and other such criminal activity in check. If you are an HOA member and aren't willing get off your dead alpha to help control the problem...,then you need to put a cork in your pie hole and quit b******g. To expect the BOD or BCSO to shoulder the burden of crime prevention and deterrence in WC is absolutely assinine. I keep hearing that individuals utilizing the sports park can't be requested to show Id. We pay dues to have and maintain this facility...so doesn't this fact make the SP private property for the express use by paying HOA members? If this is the case, as a property owner do we not have the right to know who is using the facility? It would appear that the circumstances are no different than any of us challenging a stranger or unknown individual standing in your driveway or tryng to gain access to your backyard without contacting you first. The SP is not a public facility open to nonpaying HOA members..it is there for the express use by HOA members and legitimately sponsored guests of members. The point?? Individuals should be checked for HOA membership and visitors should be accompanied by a paying HOA member and signed in and out of the SP. Unsponsored/unaccompanied use of our (WC) facilities is tantamount to trespassing and individuals with no legitimate business at the facility who refuse to leave when asked by a HOA rep(resident) are subject to criminal trespass sanctions. If an individual can't produce the HOA Id then they should be told to leave or we contact the authorities. In my opinion we don't need a LE officer to control access to the SP...after all we don't use LE personnel to control entrance to the community center...do we? I don't think that pool personnel should pull double duty by performing SP access control...it seem a dedicated SP entry control monitor along with entry control to the pool area would be adequate. And lastly...we as a HOA could be contributing to our own problem by allowing individuals who are not HOA members to rent any of our facilities for use. UI believe we set ourselves up by sending a message to people outside of our community that any one not a member of the WC association can enter and use our facilities whenver they wish to. I do know of an incident where a group of partiers in the SP were asked if they were HOA members...they stated that they weren't but the SP was a public park and they could use it anytime they wished to. I think its time to wake up and smell the cow dung and get realistic about how our facilities are managed...and if you aren't willing to help solve the problem then crawl back under your rock...we are the residents are the only group capable of solving this issue...not the BOD or the BCSO.
Is it me or is this deja poo...you know the feeling you have heard this s*** before. Obviously, this neighborhood has an issue that is not being addressed sufficiently. It's time for BCSO to step up patrols or for us to explore other options.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:22 PM

88 posts, read 169,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree with you concerning BCSD. Yes I know that they are spread extremely thin but that's an issue to address with our famous County Commsssioner and Judge. I have seen firsthand the presence of Deputies both with Traffic Control (running radar and not just around schools) and Street Patrols. As a community I suggested we voice our concerns and request an increase in Patrols. Although I enter and leave WC towards 1604 I have observed a Deputy on several occassions in the unpaved parking lot of the SportsPark in the early morning hours. Most of us get up off of our dead alpha's and report suspicious activity when it is observed. Most of us work so we must rely upon BCSD to Patrol. I know this is an issue with the BOD since John Steele was going / has contacted Sheriff Ortiz. You can't always rely upon your Neighbors (I'm not judging here) There are many Folks who simply do not go outside during the day and if that's the case then the night also. A lot of homes have the Livivg Areas towards the rear of their homes so it's not like they in paticular are looking out their front windows.

As far as ID'S being checked I know it is done. From the rare times our Son visits it he has been asked for ID. He may not have the Official VOWC ID Card on him but he carries other forms of ID with his photo and address on them. Neighbors have also informed me that they are checked. If I told Folks that they are checked everytime then I'd be lying (which I pride myself upon not doing well at least knowingly)

As far as Folks approaching those using the SportsPark........I'm 6'3 1/2 and 250lbs and I would not approach a group of Individual's if I suspected they were not residents. I like my butt and I need to keep it adhered to my body. Now a lone Individual ,then maybe. I could more than likey take his butt and hand it over to him. There is a phone number posted on signage and or one can call the Non Emergency Number of the BCSD.

Now if you will excuse me I will quit B......., Stuff my Pie Hole with a cork, and crawl under the Rock in which we have been accused of living. I wish it weren't so hot ouside since that damn rock heats up fast and there is no ventilation. Well that's Texas.
Well stated, Wellguy! It should not be BURDEN TO PREVENT AND DETER CRIME for the BCSO...ITS THEIR JOB!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:46 PM

7,131 posts, read 11,856,248 times
Um....guys....with all due respect.....the property in question is PRIVATE PROPERTY - owned by a commercial venture (the HOA). BCSD patrols the area - but it isn't their responsibility to protect individual property - especially if the property owner isn't prepared to take proactive steps of their own - like motion-detection lights, security cameras, etc.
I don't condone what the punks are doing, but you're going to find that they're children of the residents of your own subdivision, most likely! Don't ya'll have Cellular on Patrol types wandering the area, as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio