Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I guess I'm one of those that "this should not be the case." I have no problem with guests of HOA members but not for non-residents. The WC facilities were built for residents and their guests, let's not turn these into public facilities. As far as keeping dues from going up, they already did. So, to keep from raising fees again, the HOA should look at keeping costs down, not bringing in more money from non-residents.
I fully understand your feelings. I hope that our new BOD will see to it that our money is spent wisely. The reason I suggested the use of our Community Center was to keep the revenue $$$$$$ coming in. Maybe we (HOA Resident's) keep the Center booked up, I don't know. If not then Non Resident's could use it but that's my opinion. I would rather see it used for the purpose it was built than to sit unused.

As far as the SportsPark use our Son (he's trying to get in as much Basketball before Tuesday since he won't be able to play for several months, if not longer) tells me that he has not been asked to show his ID in a long long time. He has had to go into Caracol Creek (as a Guest) lately to play on their court since ours is packed everytime he goes.

The packed courts are either our own kid's playing or nearby Non Resident kids playing. If ID's are not being checked then they'll keep coming until they are found out. It is not uncommon for me to see kids bouncing basketballs while walking from the front of Westcreek towards the Park. I'm certain they are coming from the Apartments.

It's this type of negligence (not checking ID's) that leads to the vandalism our Park gets on a frequent basis.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM

80 posts, read 196,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I fully understand your feelings. I hope that our new BOD will see to it that our money is spent wisely. The reason I suggested the use of our Community Center was to keep the revenue $$$$$$ coming in. Maybe we (HOA Resident's) keep the Center booked up, I don't know. If not then Non Resident's could use it but that's my opinion. I would rather see it used for the purpose it was built than to sit unused.

As far as the SportsPark use our Son (he's trying to get in as much Basketball before Tuesday since he won't be able to play for several months, if not longer) tells me that he has not been asked to show his ID in a long long time. He has had to go into Caracol Creek (as a Guest) lately to play on their court since ours is packed everytime he goes.

The packed courts are either our own kid's playing or nearby Non Resident kids playing. If ID's are not being checked then they'll keep coming until they are found out. It is not uncommon for me to see kids bouncing basketballs while walking from the front of Westcreek towards the Park. I'm certain they are coming from the Apartments.

It's this type of negligence (not checking ID's) that leads to the vandalism our Park gets on a frequent basis.
I was sitting in my car right outside the basketball courts watching my 9 year son and 11 year old nephew (they are too young to be left unattended) play basketball and a monitor pulled up. The other kids (not mine) scattered out of there fairly quick and I heard one say "Hurry up she's going to kick us out of here".

The next day I was at the park with my 6 year old daughter and my son and nephew were playing at the courts. I watched a monitor approach them and tried to kick them off the court until I walked over there and showed her my badge. So I do know first hand they check. I just don't know how often.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:54 AM

744 posts, read 1,212,147 times
Quote:
I wasn't able to attend the BOD Meeting today. Our Son is having surgery on Tuesday and I'll be spending many hours at the hospital so there are many things to be done before then.

Anyway if anyone went I would be interested in what was discussed.

Thank you,

SSS
I went but could only stay for the first hour, I will get a full report from my wife again and let y'all know what went on. While I was there they were going to hold it in the conference room but that has max capacity of 22, and alot of people showed up. We moved into the Big room. The meeting started as normal with updates from the board members, when it got to the parks and Rec that is when the fun started. There were proposed changes to the pool rules and in the middle of those I had to leave but my wife said they talked about those for a couple of hours. I guess now a 12 year old with a WC ID can sign in his/her younger siblings and no parent needs to be there. I was thinking that may make the Gate Guards and Life Guards do more of a role of babysitting. Also my wife went to talk about the first yard sale. The President said that he would allow any who participated that weekend to get another sale because the HOA did not do there part in announcing it. That was a positive for us.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
I was sitting in my car right outside the basketball courts watching my 9 year son and 11 year old nephew (they are too young to be left unattended) play basketball and a monitor pulled up. The other kids (not mine) scattered out of there fairly quick and I heard one say "Hurry up she's going to kick us out of here".

The next day I was at the park with my 6 year old daughter and my son and nephew were playing at the courts. I watched a monitor approach them and tried to kick them off the court until I walked over there and showed her my badge. So I do know first hand they check. I just don't know how often.
That's GREAT to hear. Can I ask what time of day and days of the week you all were there?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I went but could only stay for the first hour, I will get a full report from my wife again and let y'all know what went on. While I was there they were going to hold it in the conference room but that has max capacity of 22, and alot of people showed up. We moved into the Big room. The meeting started as normal with updates from the board members, when it got to the parks and Rec that is when the fun started. There were proposed changes to the pool rules and in the middle of those I had to leave but my wife said they talked about those for a couple of hours. I guess now a 12 year old with a WC ID can sign in his/her younger siblings and no parent needs to be there. I was thinking that may make the Gate Guards and Life Guards do more of a role of babysitting. Also my wife went to talk about the first yard sale. The President said that he would allow any who participated that weekend to get another sale because the HOA did not do there part in announcing it. That was a positive for us.
Thanks for the information. It would be fantastic if you would share more after you get an update.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM

80 posts, read 196,670 times
Quote:
That's GREAT to hear. Can I ask what time of day and days of the week you all were there?
When I was sitting in my car watching them it was around 5:30 on a Wednesday. The next day it was around 10:00 in the morning. Both my husband and I work so we normally take the kids to the sports park on early Saturday or Sunday mornings and its usually pretty deserted. We've never had anyone approach us on those days.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 PM

56 posts, read 75,310 times
Anybody know why the HOA Association website is so out of date? Since the new BOD has been elected there's no update to the Public Safety page, the minutes haven't been posted since March, nothing on the Bike Ride. I thought they ran on "Communication"? As Marvin Gaye would say ... What's Going On!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 PM

186 posts, read 345,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Anybody know why the HOA Association website is so out of date? Since the new BOD has been elected there's no update to the Public Safety page, the minutes haven't been posted since March, nothing on the Bike Ride. I thought they ran on "Communication"? As Marvin Gaye would say ... What's Going On!
As the Bee Gees would say "Jive Talkin"!!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,826,399 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information. It would be fantastic if you would share more after you get an update.
The wife and I went as well but had to leave early.....it certainly dragged on longer than I thought it would.

They are going to reduce the number of courtesy notices residents receive, I think to one, after that, depending on the issue, a resident in violation of the HOA rules will receive the 'Texas Property' letter. I believe that's the letter the precedes any legal action and gives the resident 30 resolve the issue with the HOA. IMHO not a bad thing. One thing that was repeatedly stated was their desire to avoid legal action, it would only be done after all reasonable options had been exhausted.

Also they are researching how to deal with residents who the HOA consistently has landscaping issues with (example provided was 2'+ tall weeds, regularly). I think they will implement something where the HOA will contract out to have the problem taken care of and bill the homeowner. This is problematic in my mind as a resident/owner unaware of what's going on could theoretically shoot someone on their property believing they were trespassers. Hopefully they can work out a protocol that keeps everyone safe while at the same time brings the bad apples into compliance.

We had to leave before we were able to express our concerns regarding some of the new pool rules this year. I support card holders being able to sign in siblings. I too was somewhat leery of the babysitting factor until one of the board members stated that unaccompanied kids are given one warning and parents contacted if there's an issue. After that the entire family can be banned from the pool for 30 days if there's another infraction. When the pools opened we were disappointed to learn that you are not allowed to move the sunbeds to the shaded side of the pool. If I'm not in the pool I prefer to be in the shade, the wife likes the sunbeds (the rule is enforced haphazardly). We've also seen families/family members turned away because one person didn't have an updated card or had lost the card and since it was the weekend couldn't get it replaced. If one of the adults is able to prove their dues are current (card with current sticker) then the family should be allowed access to the amenities. In fact I really don't understand why kids have to show their cards when they are with their parents.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,871,391 times
In defense of the HOA, and having served as president of one (not yours) in the past - the issue w/the kids is that it's the only way to KNOW that they're really THEIR kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio