Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM

29 posts, read 53,520 times

Advertisements

The last two days we've seen a blond male, early 20s, riding a bike, going door-to-door. He has a couple of variations on the same story. One is that he is "affiliated" with Northside School District and he asks questions about the number of children in the home, their gender, ages, etc. A variation is that he represents a company selling educational materials, and he suggests that the materials are somehow compatible with Northside curriculum, but then he asks about children, which schools do they attend, ages, grades, etc.

He came through yesterday morning, ringing doorbells as early as 8:30. He came up on our cul-de-sac again in the evening, approaching the same houses he hit in the morning. Called Northside, they don't know about this guy. Called Bexar County and they sent a patrol through the neighborhood and they did stop and talk to him, but he was back in our village again this morning!

He claims to be a philosophy student from Estonia, here for the summer. Not a terribly original story. If he approaches me again, I will get more information from his ID badge to see if I can figure out what company he works for.

Anyway...he doesn't seem to understand that people get a little nervous when you start asking questions about their kids.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times
Open the door, tell him to leave, and that if he returns you will file charges against him for Criminal Tresspass. Or call the County and have a Deputy tell him. Either way, advise the county that he has been put on formal notice not to encroach on your property again.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 PM

29 posts, read 53,520 times
Smile No problem on our street!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Open the door, tell him to leave, and that if he returns you will file charges against him for Criminal Tresspass. Or call the County and have a Deputy tell him. Either way, advise the county that he has been put on formal notice not to encroach on your property again.
LOL. Yep, we don't mess around on our street -- we post detailed warning notices on our doors, take photos of solicitors approaching our homes and we call the sheriff. Thinking about posting a sign at the bottom of our street warning folks not to bother.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 PM

744 posts, read 1,211,266 times
I work the mid shift, so I am home during the day sleeping, I am lucky I haven't gotten to many people ringing my door bell. But the few I have had, when I open the door Grumpy they usually start backing up before they even start their sales pitch. I guess I just do not look like a potential sale in my shorts and slippers. I would recommend everyone take a little time to verify who the people are before you invite them in or send them packing.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 5,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Yeah......oops.......good point.
Didn't report it through SAPD link, but did report to the HOA. They said there were several reports of thefts that weekend in the Vistas.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,545,962 times
well I don't live in westcreek but I have seen the same guy in Laurel Mtn Ranch. He came knocking to our door, but I simply don't answer if it's someone I don't know. No exceptions. He/bike fit the description you provided.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Concerning the guy on the bike.............. He's not on the up and up. He's asking questions about kids for one reason and we all know what those *******s are capable of.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,324 times
The bike guy just came to our door. I will be calling the HOA and let them know.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,857,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
The bike guy just came to our door. I will be calling the HOA and let them know.
Call the SO and report him as a "suspicious person"!!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
We have not seen this guy but if he comes into The Hollow he will have hell to pay. He is up to something and we don't need to give him any opportunities.

For those of you that do see him don't answer the door, call BCSD ASAP. Better yet.....if your husband is home have him go to the door, stall the b****** ,and get on the phone.

With all due respect all the HOA can do is be on the lookout for him (just like the rest of us) and / or post it on the website. We need to let BCSD be our first resource.

I wouldn't doubt if this guy is hanging around our Park and Pools.

Last edited by wellguy; 08-07-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio