Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 11:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,846,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
I apologize maybe I misread so what do you mean when you say "if the HOA/BOD pressed the sanitation issue we would all be better off with garbage pick up once per week"?
There is no need to be sorry. I more than likely screwed p when I used the word "pressed"

I can see many opportuniteis for change which for one would be aCommunity Wide Decision concrerning one a week Garbage Collection.We can look at this in several ways including less trucks throughout our Villages. Trash cans not so prone to being left out in some cases 1-2 days after pickup. Show me Garbagwe Truck that does not leak food slop, which stains our roads, and I 'll buy Dinner. Possibly if more Folks used Tiger they would be happy that the 2-3-$400.00 for Neighborhood Household Garbage Day would now be a free sevice at lease twice per year.

Oh there ares so many things and I am sooooo tired..........................

Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM

80 posts, read 195,729 times
In the Reserve we have a service that cleans our streets. Don't get me wrong we're paying for it through our HOA dues but it's nice to have clean streets and a clean development especially with all the construction going on.

You think the WC HOA/BOD have issues they are saints compared to what we deal with in the Reserve HOA. The Reserve HOA are a bunch of yahoos. I called and asked what exactly my dues were paying and the woman sent me her job description. LOL! I'm generally a nice and respectful person but I literally came unglued over that one.

I asked who was responsible for the greenbelt next to my house and again I was given the run around. I finally had to talk with a supervisor. Who was a little better but still didn't give me the answers I needed. One of my neighbors is on a crusade to get rid of them but they are good for some things.

Fortunately, the salesman for the Reserve is excellent and we can complain to him and he generally gets the problem resolved quickly.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 AM

Did anyone go to the picnic this past Saturday? My family and I went. We had a good time and it was a decent turnout. Kudos to all who put it together.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Did anyone go to the picnic this past Saturday? My family and I went. We had a good time and it was a decent turnout. Kudos to all who put it together.
I honestly forgot all about it. What did they have there? Food? Games? Music?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM

Yes, they catered from Grady's. There was a dj, activities for the kids (ie, horse back riding, face painting, etc.), drawings. It was a good time and very well organized. If I had one complaint it would be that I wished the HOA/BOD would have interacted more but there was a lot of people so it could very well be that they did and just didn't get around to me because I was visiting all the vendors.

I could have easily went and introduced myself also though because their name tags were very well displayed. I did meet Foss' wife. Very nice lady.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM

71 posts, read 110,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro_Assi_Kid View Post
Just to give everyone a heads-up, although I don't think it will really be necessary but we have/had a scam contractor living/lived in Westcreek. He goes by the name of Jeff Taylor but has a few other names as well that I don't want to give out just yet. He is being tracked down as I write. I had him do some work for me and some of my neighbors did as well. To make a long story short, I paid him in full before I left the US for my home away from home in the ME desert and he didn't quite finish the job. In addition he gave me a sob story and I ended up lending him some money and, yep, he has since disappeared. I can afford to lose the money and finish the job myself but others in this situation might not be able to, so the warning to all. He has since left the neighborhood (actually the city) although his father-in-law (who of course has no idea where his son-in-law or daughter are living) is currently occupying the house on Adriana Marie. No matter, he has no idea of who he is dealing with and will shortly find out that my reach to him from halfway around the world from SA is still quite good and as of yesterday evening, I now know his new location and phone number and other sensitive information. You might have seen him driving through the neighborhood in a white truck or white Hummer with 777 in red letters. Triple 7 or 777 was his company name although he has multiple company names as well. I let my guard down because he was a neighbor and was building his business up or so I was led to believe so, I decided to help him out some. The work he did do, or should I say his workers did, was outstanding, first rate work. Unfortunately, he scammed them as well leaving owing them pay for work performed and even borrowing money from one of them before he disappeared. I seriously doubt he will ever come back to WC but he knew what I do for a living and still pulled one over on me, or so he thinks. This is going to be fun, well worth the money I lost to this scammer...

He is balding, always wearing a cap and shorts, approximately 43-44 years old. What hair he has left is grey and shaved to stubble. Very personable and extremely helpful in order to gain your trust. Trust him at your own risk. I've got other, clearer pictures of him that will be going on a database very soon. As soon as I have those, I'll post them here as well. This is what he looks like by the way.

Tattoos on right wrist and thumb among other places. Neck tattoos and arm tattoos, usually covered up with long sleeves. You can't hide a thumb tattoo very easily. Even some on his legs, although those are small.

The funny thing is, the work at my home was almost complete (and very well done) so I can only speculate that he was scamming others (I know my neighbors lost some money as well) and maybe for larger amounts and he decided to get out while he could.

Thanks for the heads up, with economy being this tough it sure does help to know who to be aware of when it comes to money. I will be one looking out for this bandit!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,742,565 times
I still do not understand why people give money up front on these kind of situations. If you want to help your local unemployed, or nearly unemployed citizen, just throw a couple of thousand dollars his way and forget about it. Otherwise, hire a reputable company that doesn't require you to give them money up front.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 AM

Good Morning Everyone, was wondering if anyone knows how long we had Police bike patrol in WC? Me and a neighbor have started taking are walks again and this is when we noticed him.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,846,782 times
Well today is Yard Sale Day in Westcreek. Good Luck to the 30 Participants.

Does the HOA do any sort of advertising to help you all drum up business such as an add in the Express News, Signage , etc.??? If there is no adverising I guess all the buyers are neighbors??? Maybe thats done purposely to keep the Yard Sales going and the Permit money coming in. I'm impressed that they put down the Street (NO HOUSE NUMBER.... I guess they have to protect other's privacy) and Village on the Webpage. (NOT) Yeah, like someone who lives outside of WC is going to read that.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-11-2010 at 05:55 AM..

Old 09-11-2010, 08:01 AM

Wow 30 Participants, thats great! Wish I was one of them, I totally did not keep up as to when this was going to take place (Missed it twice) and didn't see the sign till late yesterday after coming home from work. Allthough as I was leaving the house this morning I did not see to may driver's on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio