Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 06:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,451,647 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping for some dry skies tomorrow morning

Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM

19 posts, read 41,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Some of those trees were growing INTO the bridge itself, and had to be removed by the county. From what I understand the trees were causing damage to the bridge itself...
The trees at the bridges near the Clock Tower are being removed by the county. They started on this project on Thursday by clearing the easement and getting access to the area under the bridges. On Friday they continued by shredding the tops of the trees. They are supposed to come back on Monday and finish taking the trees out. They will then go over to the bridge on Westcreek Oaks Drive and clear the area under that bridge along with the easements. This all was suppose to be done a year ago but because of money they had to wait until now. This had to be done becuase several of the trees were pushing into the structure of the bridge, the water flow/debris problems with the creek bed backing up and the homeless people who stay under the bridge. I hope this helps. The pictures the county took should be up on the Westcreek web site by now.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 PM

872 posts, read 1,861,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Speaking of cutting the grass, when is the house on Saxonhill and Adriana Maria (east side of Saxonhill that butts up to Military Drive West) going to cut theirs? That house is habitually in violation on this matter.
Go to the HOA website and send an email to the infoline email address and the BOD address. Don't abuse sending such emails but if you have legit complaints on Standards violations, send them a NICE note to point it out.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 PM

86 posts, read 175,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Knight View Post
The trees at the bridges near the Clock Tower are being removed by the county. They started on this project on Thursday by clearing the easement and getting access to the area under the bridges. On Friday they continued by shredding the tops of the trees. They are supposed to come back on Monday and finish taking the trees out. They will then go over to the bridge on Westcreek Oaks Drive and clear the area under that bridge along with the easements. This all was suppose to be done a year ago but because of money they had to wait until now. This had to be done becuase several of the trees were pushing into the structure of the bridge, the water flow/debris problems with the creek bed backing up and the homeless people who stay under the bridge. I hope this helps. The pictures the county took should be up on the Westcreek web site by now.
Thanks for the detailed info - I guess the County getting out there is.. "better late than never " - I'm glad it won't look like tornado alley for too long....

Old 10-03-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Sounds great! However, still doesn't explain piles and piles of limbs and boards under the bridge nearest the old pool.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,451,647 times
homeless people living under the bridges? seriously?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:54 PM

I got a letter back from State Representative Jose Menedez ref Texas Property Code 209. It says:

"Thank you for your email expressing your concerns with Section 209.0055 of the Property Code. This measure was passed as part of a Local and Consent bill, HB3674, in 2007, for the Houston area by Rep John Davis who represents District 129 in south east Houston/Harris County.

Because of constitutional restrictions, laws may not typically be filed for a specific named geographic or local entity. In order to pass a bill that is restricted to certain areas, the bill is "bracketed" using population as the constitutionally correct means of localizing a measure such as HB3674 was desiged to do.

Local bills are normally introduced to address an issue that is either unique to or otherwise has become a matter of interest in a specific part of the state. In some cases, where other legislators express an interest in the measure the "bracket" may be adjusted to include a broader area, but as a general rule, a local consent bill is not expanded to become a state wide law.

Since you did not go in to specifics with your concerns I can only infer that you are encountering some sort of problem with your own Home Owners Association. If you would like to discuss this further my staff is available during regular business hours Monday through Friday in the District Office located at 7121 Hwy 90 W. Suite 240, San Antonio, Texas 78227. (210)673-3579.

Again thank you for contacting me with your concerns. If I can be of further assistance please let us know.

Sincerely yours,
Jose Menendez"

Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,851,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Speaking of cutting the grass, when is the house on Saxonhill and Adriana Maria (east side of Saxonhill that butts up to Military Drive West) going to cut theirs? That house is habitually in violation on this matter.
I couldn't have said it any better. In all our time living here (Dec. 1999) that yard has looked like crap. The one on the other side isn't any better. I wish I knew why they are allowed to continue having poorly maintained yards. I'm certain that house and will not act upon the fence repair.

We can however look forward to sidewalks in that are real soon. BC already has it in the works.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,438,116 times
Quote:
Yup!

VWOA Trees (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/trees.php - broken link)

Old 10-03-2009, 07:53 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,695,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Yup!

VWOA Trees (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/trees.php - broken link)
Thanks for the pics. I like the term the "trees are being moved".

I think a more precise term would be "removed" as the trees are being ripped apart before pulling them probably to avoid branches falling on the road. Any pics of what they look like now and then afterward? I may be barking up the wrong tree, but the trees did provide a rustic look to the area. Maybe we should move the clock tower between the two bridges? Then you could say the time has come for these bridges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio