Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 09:58 AM

487 posts, read 1,119,048 times

Advertisements

It's not just that Constables are working for us . . . it's that we used a neighborhood patrol company for years at $20 per hour and no one thought they did anything for us!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,679,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDrupiewski View Post
CODE BLUE IS A VERY SPECIAL PERSON IN OUR LIVES. WE ARE NOT IN THE AGE OF ALL THE NEW ABBREVATIONS. OH BY THE WAY (STEEL MAN) GET OFF CODE BLUE!!!
Boy, you have been with CD about a week and already you're attacking. It is obvious that you and codeblue have a personal agenda against the Westcreek HOA as you only hang out in the Westcreek sub-forum. Try the San Antonio and many other forums on CD.

Have a great Air Force day!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM

797 posts, read 2,994,240 times
Default Educate yourself and play nice please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Boy, you have been with CD about a week and already you're attacking. It is obvious that you and codeblue have a personal agenda against the Westcreek HOA as you only hang out in the Westcreek sub-forum. Try the San Antonio and many other forums on CD.

Good advice Steelman...

I also suggest they take the time to read the City Data Terms of Service and read up on forum etiquette while their at it.

Last edited by noplacelikeWA; 09-25-2009 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,416,853 times
It would probably benefit all if we stuck to topics and laid off fellow posters.
Hopefully we can come up with some security option. The bad people are lazy and they like easy targets. I personally think anything is better than nothing and it will at least make them go one neighborhood over where the targets require less work.
It would also be a good idea if people did a little extra driving when coming or going, especially late at night. Take the scenic route and look for anything out of the ordinary. I am adding that non-emergency number to my cell phone because that's probably the best thing to call unless it is a serious emergency. Is there a curfew out here like in the city? I'm all for harassing kids out late at night. Their parents obviously aren't willing to bother with them, but they probably will when they start getting hand delivered in the middle of the night..

edit- the BCSD non-emergency dispatch number is 335-6000. I think that number posted earlier may be for SAPD, which won't do us any good out here. Here's all the numbers for BCSD: http://www.bexar.org/BCSheriff/phonenumbers.htm (broken link)

Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 PM

33 posts, read 50,969 times
Default Thank you

Quote:

Point Taken! I don't need to read other forums! I write about where I live and the problems happening to our area of Bexar County.
Etiquette#25 Don't pick on Newbees**

Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM

35 posts, read 55,243 times
Quote:

Hey Steel Man I live in Westcreek so why shouldn't I post here. Do you? No I'M concerned about Westcreek and the way things are being done by the HOA If you live in Westcreek you should be concerned too. If you don't live in Westcreek then please butt out. Thank you

Last edited by guyo; 09-25-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 04:29 PM

34 posts, read 55,413 times
To Steel Man and NOPLACELIKEWA:

If you are not part of the solution, you are definately part of the problem. I have no personal agenda, but you do!

NOPLACELIKEWA: You sound just like the chick that got into my face about sending out information to homeowners. Please take your own advice.

Codeblue

Last edited by codeblue; 09-25-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM

86 posts, read 175,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
That would be me. Thanks to whomever pointed out that my math was incorrect. The management company put the incorrect amount in the column. It should have read $58,652.00. I KNOW that sounds like a lot. But everyone is really happy with the Constables. They are regular law enforcement peace officers, wear uniforms, carry weapons, can detain individuals, run plate numbers on the spot . . . and provide us with monthly reports of all activity.
As I said we hire them for 4 hours a day. Their ever changing schedule has made them very effective. So effective that we discussed reducing their hours to save $$ but decided to stick with the same schedule for at least another 6 months. We still have problems but we could see immediate improvement in vandalism and speeders the first month they were hired.
The main thing is to train your residents to call 911 in emergencies and #207-7273 for non-emergencies. Our taxes pay for the police and we should get our $$$ worth. I have had great response out to the non emergency number. People should keep it posted.
Thank you for the information In this neighborhood the nonemergency number is 335-6000 (Bexar County).

Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM

186 posts, read 345,625 times
Effective 23 June 2009Texas Local Government Code 351.903 allows the Bexar County Commissioners Court to adopt by order a county juvenile curfew. On April 21 2009 BCCC voted to continue the juvenile curfew order.

1030pm-0600am - Sun - Thurs
1200 midnight -0600am Fri or Saturday
0900-230pm - Mon - Fri school days

It is also unlawful the parent(s) or guardian to allow the Minor to be in violation of said curfew.

There are defenses to prosecution but they are too lengthy to post in this forum ...most relate to lawful work, emergencies, etc.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:19 PM

88 posts, read 169,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post

My question is why HOA members would be willing to place responsibility for their community safety and security in the hands of total strangers. They don't live here...thus they have no vested interest in this community save the paycheck they are working for.

If HOA members fear for their safety and security then they should get involved with their community...Neighborhood Watch or Cellular On Patrol programs if available. Its cheaper and usually more reliable than relying on strangers. Private security has no more authority than any private citizen when it comes to proposed security activities. Anyone can effect a citizens arrest...the same goes for private security...they can only effect a citizens arrest. This applies to either commissioned or non commissioned security. I personally don't relish the presence of marginally trained armed or unarmed "strangers" driving around my neighborhood.

Why pay for "eyes and ears" in the community when all we have to do is get off of our duffs and volunteer to do perform the same activities..."observe and report" suspicious activity to the Sheriff's Dept. After all ...volunteering to support your own community isn't rocket science

Cereberus
I appreciate your consideration for our budget, but security is not something that you leave in the hands of the inexperienced. I for one, do not feel like I need to be out there looking for trouble. I am not some sort of vigilante trying to take matters in my own hands. In fact, I don't think it is a very intelligent thing to do. Do you honestly think a woman can detain a couple of teenagers/20 something year-olds in a citizens arrest? Why would I risk the personal safety that I am fighting so hard to protect? I would much rather have "strangers" (as you refer to hired security) roaming my neighborhood in a marked car with purpose and experience than have something horrible to happen to one of my neighbors. We are fortunate enough to live in a community that has the resources for this type of service. We need security...real security...desperately. Let's get it done!

Last edited by shoegal39; 09-25-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio