Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 55,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyo View Post
the boards term is 2 years. Two are elected in one year and 3 are elected the following year with all serving a 2 year term.
I agree with the boards acquiring the homes that we have they were not purchased but taken for back homeowners assessments. My problem with this is it was not showed in the financial as assesses and the lack of willingness of the board to disclose this information. We have asked repeatedly and been stonewalled and do have records showing ownership.
As for the 4 students, in the karate, that the board forced to leave . The instructor is paying rent for the community center and each student is paying for the lessons. The majority of the children as residence of westcreek therefore, this was costing the villages of westcreek hoa nothing and was income to same. It goes back to, if i rent the community center should i only be allowed to have guests that are residences if so then there should not be guests allowed at the pool,etc. If i want to start a baseball team for the children of westcreek and only have 8 children that want to play is it right to tell them no because they needed on more player and were not allowed any outside people. Eventho, the program would be paid for by the players on the team and cost to vowc nothing?

The reason for the 1000 signatures on the petition is to show the board that there is enough interest in having a special meeting to recall the board and hopefully they would schedule said meeting. Ref. To the 1994 by-laws to see the requirements.

I realize that some of the people at the last meeting had gone to the hoa office and asked questions regarding different items on the flyer and were told what the board wanted them to hear which were not whole truths. Which is par for the course because we have been getting nothing but the runaround and half truths.
thank you guyo for enlightening us.

codeblue

Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,047 times
Quote:
The reason for the 1000 signatures on the petition is to show the board that there is enough interest in having a special meeting to recall the board and hopefully they would schedule said meeting. Ref. to the 1994 by-laws to see the requirements.
I see what you are saying about the Bylaws in paragraph 6.03. Couple of points related to that article:
1. It says "majority" when talking about the Members signing a petition. 1,000 still is not a majority of over 3,200 so be sure you're numbers are IAW the Bylaws to be legitimate.
2. That paragraph talks about how to call a Special Meeting but paragraph 7.05 does not say that a Special Meeting is required to remove Directors. That can be done at a Regular Meeting or at a Special Meeting. Directors are elected by a majority of Members present at the annual meeting and thus should be able to be removed by a majority of Members present at any meeting where they are desired to be removed.
[LEFT]Removal of Directors.
At any regular or special meeting duly called, any one or
more of the Directors may be removed with or without cause by a majority of Members
entitled to vote, and a successor may then and there be elected to fill the vacancy thus
created. Any Director who has three (3) consecutive unexcused absences from Board
meetings or who is delinquent in the payment of assessments for more than thirty (30)
days may be removed by a majority vote of the Directors at a meeting in which a quorum[/LEFT]
is present.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM

33 posts, read 50,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
I see what you are saying about the Bylaws in paragraph 6.03. Couple of points related to that article:
1. It says "majority" when talking about the Members signing a petition. 1,000 still is not a majority of over 3,200 so be sure you're numbers are IAW the Bylaws to be legitimate.
2. That paragraph talks about how to call a Special Meeting but paragraph 7.05 does not say that a Special Meeting is required to remove Directors. That can be done at a Regular Meeting or at a Special Meeting. Directors are elected by a majority of Members present at the annual meeting and thus should be able to be removed by a majority of Members present at any meeting where they are desired to be removed.
[LEFT]Removal of Directors.
At any regular or special meeting duly called, any one or
more of the Directors may be removed with or without cause by a majority of Members
entitled to vote, and a successor may then and there be elected to fill the vacancy thus
created. Any Director who has three (3) consecutive unexcused absences from Board
meetings or who is delinquent in the payment of assessments for more than thirty (30)
days may be removed by a majority vote of the Directors at a meeting in which a quorum[/LEFT]
is present.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
If you are able to take this board out before April, do you have replacements in mind? Also, I'm quite sure that at least one of the board members does post here.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM

35 posts, read 55,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
If you are able to take this board out before April, do you have replacements in mind? Also, I'm quite sure that at least one of the board members does post here.
I believe you are right about a board member posting here and they do read the posts

I think it would be a real fight to remove the board before April, but we have to keep trying. Yes we have some replacements in mind that believe in good service and open meetings

Old 09-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Will the rest of us be able to vet these replacements? Maybe a town hall or a webinar at some point? After all, if I'm going to help remove folks...I want to be sure that we get better, more qualified folks in there.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,302 times
Quote:
...I agree with the boards acquiring the homes that we have they were not purchased but taken for back homeowners assessments. My problem with this is it was not showed in the financial as assesses and the lack of willingness of the board to disclose this information. We have asked repeatedly and been stonewalled and do have records showing ownership....
The HOA has not seized houses before. Do the research on BCAD and you find out that:

The house on Point Summit was transferred to the HOA on 7/8/2008. The owner purchased the house on 6/14/2006. Now, why would you transfer a house that is behind only 3 years of dues (current rate would be $840 plus misc. fines) on a house worth at least $159,000?

The house on Barkston Drive was transferred to the HOA on 6/11/2009. The owner purchased the house on 5/17/2005. Again, why would you transfer a house that is behind only 4 years of dues (current rate would be $1120 plus misc. fines) on a house worth at least $155,000?

Something just doesn't sit right. There is more to these transactions and may be why the BOD is evading questions on these houses.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Call me a skeptic...but how would they hide these homes once new board members are placed? Sooner or later the details will come out.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 PM

35 posts, read 55,252 times
Yes when it is closer to time we'll all get a meeting and I think you will know them

Old 09-23-2009, 12:49 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,418,629 times
look at the news FCF. People really aren't as bright as we often give them credit. I always read stories and then ask WTF these people were thinking and it usually turns out that they were not thinking at all. The good criminals are the ones you don't read about..

BTW, if you still aren't back, your lawn probably needs mowing and you're missing some amazingly low temperatures. My SeaWorld Weatherbug has the current temp at 60.6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio