Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times

Advertisements

From: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...pdf/GV.551.pdf

Reasons for closed meetings start on page 16, subchapter D and goes to page 27. From my understanding, one of these reasons MUST be identified by the BOD in order for them to go into executive session.

SUBCHAPTER E. PROCEDURES RELATING TO CLOSED MEETING
Sec.
551.101.REQUIREMENT TO FIRST CONVENE IN OPEN MEETING.
If a closed meeting is allowed under this chapter, a
governmental body may not conduct the closed meeting unless a
quorum of the governmental body first convenes in an open meeting
for which notice has been given as provided by this chapter and
during which the presiding officer publicly:
(1)announces that a closed meeting will be held; and
(2)identifies the section or sections of this chapter
under which the closed meeting is held.
Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 268, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 PM

88 posts, read 169,273 times
A neighbor informed me today that 6 homes were broken into on Thursday. I know one was in the Vistas...not sure if the others were in the same village or in others, but according to BCSO, all were in Westcreek. Each of them had their front door kicked in breaking the frame...even with the dead bolt secured. An attempt to break into my home occurred earlier this year. My car and two of my neighbor's cars were broken into during the summer. I'm sick of the crime. As a community we need to make sure our citizens are safe and spend the appropriate dollars for that instead of trying to improve a monument or worrying where folks are getting married. Come on HOA get your priorities straight. Why doesn't the HOA let us know what's going on...maybe updating the web page with crime statistics...or is this something they don't want us to know?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:09 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
A neighbor informed me today that 6 homes were broken into on Thursday. I know one was in the Vistas...not sure if the others were in the same village or in others, but according to BCSO, all were in Westcreek. Each of them had their front door kicked in breaking the frame...even with the dead bolt secured. An attempt to break into my home occurred earlier this year. My car and two of my neighbor's cars were broken into during the summer. I'm sick of the crime. As a community we need to make sure our citizens are safe and spend the appropriate dollars for that instead of trying to improve a monument or worrying where folks are getting married. Come on HOA get your priorities straight. Why doesn't the HOA let us know what's going on...maybe updating the web page with crime statistics...or is this something they don't want us to know?
That SUCKS!

Last night I sent Mr. Severs an email concerning several issues. I was not complaining and all my questions had a suggestion / solution. I did mention the increase of crime in the Westcreek. I suggested that we hire 2-3 Security Officers (they do not have to be Commissioned) We have a new Chevrolet or GMC Pickup that Maintenance uses during the day. There is no reason why that vehicle has to remain parked in the evenings (I know this won't help with home breakins during the day). I also suggested that three magnetic signs be purchased, one for each door and the other for the tailgate with "Villages of Westcreek Security". The Guards would have to have a phone for residents to contact them and for them to contact BCSD. We as residents would do everything we could to assist them as far a being good neighbors and reporting anything out of the ordinary.

His reply was as follows: "The idea of VOWC contracted security has been put forth and we are analyzing and investigating that possibility. To the extent of how it will be accomplished has yet to be determined and what cost the issues will be. It is an idea worth investigating further".

That was a Positive reply. I would ask that the BOD not sit on this and table it for several months. A decision has to be made soon.

If we sit back it crime will only increase and word will get out that Westcreek is not such a safe place to live. As you know the petty crime leads to what happened on Thursday and from there we have to worry about Home Invasions, etc.

Please do your best to attend the meeting Monday and the Town Hall Meeting on the 28th.

Thanks

Last edited by wellguy; 09-19-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 04:47 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
My daughter called me this morning to tell me that someone used a battering ram to knock the door down at 2PM yesterday across the street a couple of houses down from her house on Rambling Rose (The Vistas).

Old 09-19-2009, 04:51 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
My daughter called me this morning to tell me that someone used a battering ram to knock the door down at 2PM yesterday across the street a couple of houses down from her house on Rambling Rose (The Vistas).
Has anyone been home when the break ins occured?

This is another reason why Security needs to be a BOD Priority.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Is there any way to secure more details on these crimes?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:44 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Maybe the burglars will be greeted by some hot lead from a cold steel firearm. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone if they violate another's domain like that.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
seems like I'll be recommending gun purchases in multiple threads tonight... I'm up to two, but this should be an excuse to easily get it to four. Can't decide whether a .357 Magnum or AK-47 is going to be next. No matter what, a particular problem will stop if they try my house. No kids around means mine are always out in the open, magazine is loaded, and a round is chambered.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:32 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Has anyone been home when the break ins occured?

This is another reason why Security needs to be a BOD Priority.
The funny thing is that the wife is home almost all the time.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
seems like I'll be recommending gun purchases in multiple threads tonight... I'm up to two, but this should be an excuse to easily get it to four. Can't decide whether a .357 Magnum or AK-47 is going to be next. No matter what, a particular problem will stop if they try my house. No kids around means mine are always out in the open, magazine is loaded, and a round is chambered.
The problem is:

The guns can't fire themselves. Hopefully they never try any of our homes. These "smash and grab" types usually case the area and pick targets. You're (and your wife) most likely not going to be home. If someone is there constantly, chances go down that you'll be hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio