Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,428 times

Advertisements

Can any of you clarify a couple of things for me?

1. Was the only announcement of the Town Hall Meeting (September 28th) on the webpage? Did I miss it in a Newsletter? I would have thought there should have been signs put up, unless it is too early.

2. I'm baffleed about the Gazebo. What function is it supposed to serve? Does anyone have an idea of the proposed cost?. I was talking to my wife about this and she feels like I do that for us it will not be of any use. Someone stated last night that it could be used for Weddings. If so does the BOD and HOA intend upon this to me a money maker? We certainally don't need a Meditation Garden with the proposed landscaping I have heard of. Was this ever brought up to the residents or was it soley a BOD / HOA decision?

Thank you,

Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,560 times
I was not one of the residents as the non-meeting due to a family emergency but I hope to add at least one to the next meeting...Monday at 6PM? First I've heard of this being anything other than a "normal" monthly BOD meeting. What are the "sunshine rules" for Texas? These executive session meetings might just be illegal. I think the worst case would have several of us running for office at the next annual meeting. Better yet would be to recall the entire BOD and start fresh!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:31 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
I was not one of the residents as the non-meeting due to a family emergency but I hope to add at least one to the next meeting...Monday at 6PM? First I've heard of this being anything other than a "normal" monthly BOD meeting. What are the "sunshine rules" for Texas? These executive session meetings might just be illegal. I think the worst case would have several of us running for office at the next annual meeting. Better yet would be to recall the entire BOD and start fresh!
Do your best to come Monday at 6:00pm and possibly the Town Hall Meeting on the 28th which is also at 6:00pm . I can assure you if yesterday's show of neighbors is any indication of what Monday's Meeting will be like we are in for an informative evening.

I will support anyone who shows support for all Homeowners, has full intentions of returning the VOWC to the Community it once was, sees to it that money is spent as if it were their own, and especially one that is open to suggestions from Homeowner's without being offended. We don't need people with attitudes or those that want another feather in their hat. The BOD should never forget that they serve as our representatives. The HOA Staff should never forget that our dues pay them and that everyone is owed great Customer Service, answers to all questions, (including emails) and respect.

I just hope the BOD does not waste money on Deputies this time.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-18-2009 at 09:44 PM..

Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Do your best to come Monday at 6:00pm and possibly the Town Hall Meeting on the 28th which is also at 6:00pm . I can assure you if yesterday's show of neighbors is any indication of what Monday's Meeting will be like we are in for an informative evening.

I just hope the BOD does not waste money on Deputies this time.
Concur...why waste money on something like that? If someone gets that out of hand, CALL the police. If the BOD is expecting such trouble then maybe that should tell them something about their own actions!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 PM

www.villagesofwestcreek says the Sept 28 meeting is at 7 PM not 6 PM.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:23 AM

86 posts, read 175,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Can any of you clarify a couple of things for me?

1. Was the only announcement of the Town Hall Meeting (September 28th) on the webpage? Did I miss it in a Newsletter? I would have thought there should have been signs put up, unless it is too early.

2. I'm baffleed about the Gazebo. What function is it supposed to serve? Does anyone have an idea of the proposed cost?. I was talking to my wife about this and she feels like I do that for us it will not be of any use. Someone stated last night that it could be used for Weddings. If so does the BOD and HOA intend upon this to me a money maker? We certainally don't need a Meditation Garden with the proposed landscaping I have heard of. Was this ever brought up to the residents or was it soley a BOD / HOA decision?

Thank you,
For your information, at last months meeting - all landscaping projects around the Community Center were scrapped. No Gazebo - nothing nada... The board claimed to focus attention on the landscaping at the front tower - which is our Westcreek showpiece at the entrance; and our monuments.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 AM

I would like to mention - the Fences on Westcreek Oaks and Military are really starting to look good. I think all the homeowners that have been busy taking the time to make repairs at such a prompt pace should be thanked for taking pride in the community. It seems to me a great thing when all pull together and make things a success. Between the newspapers, television and politics - the negativity lately has been astounding and rampant. It's nice to see a community of cooperation and success -

I also heard starting the first quarter of the year our newsletters will be all on line to save quite a bit of money and resources. I think the staff also informed me if I still wanted a hard copy I can request one be delivered to my house.......

Isn't nice to hear positive things for a change.....

Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 AM

Anyone attend the Cellular on Patrol class starting today? I really enjoyed it when I went through it. There is a lot of good information put out...

Old 09-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
I also heard starting the first quarter of the year our newsletters will be all on line to save quite a bit of money and resources. I think the staff also informed me if I still wanted a hard copy I can request one be delivered to my house.......

Isn't nice to hear positive things for a change.....
Great to hear...I pushed for that with the BOD 3 years ago.

Another thing that I would like to see is an electronic sign board near the major entrances and one at the community center...and NO MORE road signs.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:42 PM

From: Open Meetings Laws in Texas | Citizen Media Law Project

The general rule is that all meetings of governmental bodies must be open to the public. If a governmental body wants to hold a closed or "executive" session, it must identify a specific statutory exemption. Under TOMA, a governmental body may hold a closed session when it is dealing with one of fourteen subject-area exemptions found in Texas Gov't Code §§ 551.071 through 551.088. These exemptions make it permissible for a governmental body to close a portion of a meeting; they do not require it to do so. If a governmental body is dealing with one of these enumerated subject areas, then it may hold a closed session, but it must also convene the executive session as part of an open meeting, and the presiding officer must publicly identify the statutory exemption relied on to close the meeting. Governmental bodies must keep a certified agenda or make a tape recording of the executive session and retain it for at least two years. They do not have to make the agenda or recording public.
For more information on the exceptions to the open meetings requirement, see the Executive Session section of the Attorney General's Handbook and the Open Government Guide: Texas.
What Are Your Remedies If You Are Denied Access?

If you believe that a governmental body has violated your rights, you can sue in Texas state court. Under Texas law, an "interested person, including a member of the news media," may bring a lawsuit for violations of TOMA. See Texas Gov't Code § 551.142. The term "interested person" is broad -- courts have found that a government league, an environmental group, and a local homeowners' group fit the definition. They have also indicated that any individual living in an area affected by the governmental body's authority will qualify as "interested." The CMLP located no Texas case law addressing whether the term "news media" would encompass non-traditional journalists and other online publishers, but there is no reason to suppose that you could not take advantage of this statutory language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio