Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 AM

86 posts, read 175,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Are you a COP member CH1960? I have been interested in it and would like to hear some details from a member that is actually in my neighborhood. My only problem would be the funky hours I work. I am obviously up late at night now, but that will change in about 1 1/2 months. Are they flexible? When I go into work before 6:00 AM, I obviously will not be able to hang out on patrol in the middle of the night, but it would probably be a fun thing to do on my nights off while I'm working the late shift.
Yes, I am a member. The program is run/funded by Bexar County; not the HOA. You can contact Deputy Flores or anyone within BCSD COP program and see when there will be another class. The HOA just provided our CC to make it convenient. You patrol whenever you are available to do so; there is not "structured" schedule. Of course, in the training you will be taught what to look for on your travels. You may incorporate it with evening walks with the dog; or you can ride on a bike, or within a vehicle. It is preferred you travel with a buddy, if possible. If you have odd hours; that would be an asset since most people would not be able to patrol those times. I prefer to oversee my section; since I am familiar with the families, their vehicles, and their schedule. Westcreek covers a large area and the ideal situation would be to have several folks in every village. I have a polo shirt with the patch that we received upon completion of the program that we wear. You can choose to do a ride-along with BCSD; but is not required. We have a "captain" that was assigned as a POC; but, he generally refers us to BCSD. That is where you can report your activity (hrs/days) when you patrol. I myself, had not been good about doing that.....But, the fact that your out there and there is visibility within the community is what makes all the difference.....hope that answers some of your questions......It would be great if you could fit this important program into you schedule - whether it's just once a week or once a month ...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
Yes, I am a member. The program is run/funded by Bexar County; not the HOA. You can contact Deputy Flores or anyone within BCSD COP program and see when there will be another class. The HOA just provided our CC to make it convenient. You patrol whenever you are available to do so; there is not "structured" schedule. Of course, in the training you will be taught what to look for on your travels. You may incorporate it with evening walks with the dog; or you can ride on a bike, or within a vehicle. It is preferred you travel with a buddy, if possible. If you have odd hours; that would be an asset since most people would not be able to patrol those times. I prefer to oversee my section; since I am familiar with the families, their vehicles, and their schedule. Westcreek covers a large area and the ideal situation would be to have several folks in every village. I have a polo shirt with the patch that we received upon completion of the program that we wear. You can choose to do a ride-along with BCSD; but is not required. We have a "captain" that was assigned as a POC; but, he generally refers us to BCSD. That is where you can report your activity (hrs/days) when you patrol. I myself, had not been good about doing that.....But, the fact that your out there and there is visibility within the community is what makes all the difference.....hope that answers some of your questions......It would be great if you could fit this important program into you schedule - whether it's just once a week or once a month ...
---

Old 08-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
He'll work, for Krystal burgers!...

Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I think I might enjoy spending some time with like-minded people when it comes to crime

I will look into it after I see how my school mentoring goes. I just volunteered for that at my school and I do not see it being an issue, but you never know.

and make that Krystal Burgers from Florida, not the stuff they have here..

Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Sounds like a great idea and a great way to constructively spend some HOA money.

Part two of this is that you should write an article for the newletter especially to let everyone know about the hazardous waste info!
Just to let everyone know I am working on an article for the Newsletter. I will also ask that it be put on our Website.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM

19 posts, read 41,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Evening Everyone,

I didn't have a chance to log on last night.

Mr. Severs did reply yesterday morning at 9:56am . Before I go any further I commend Mr. Severs for always responding when an email is sent. It is extremely rare the the HOA Staff ever replies.

Mr. Severs did say that the Idea Sounds Good. He asked if I had contacted any othe Companies which I did not. He did inform me if I had not he would ask the Office Staff to make some calls. It will also be brought up at the next BOD /HOA Meeting.

I assure you all that if this goes through I will guard the Dumspter to insure Non-Residents don't use it. *I know we are required to arrange our own garbage collection but the fellow from Tiger told me that this is a FREE Service to neighborhoods who use them exclusively.

I would not expect folks to switch to Tiger for this reason. I would like to see one Company one day each week instead of 3-4 trucks on different days. It would be less traffic, quieter, and the fact that our county streets would take less wear and tear.
I was directed by the BOD at Thursday's night meeting to get quotes from different companies for Trash Day. So far I have contacted four companies. They will have my report by mid week and hopefully we can get this going.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:01 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Thank you. I guess we are going to have to generate some trash. I decided to have Tiger Sanitation pick up the Basketball Goal (in the morning) by paying $35.00. Tiger Sanitation, which I have no affiliation, is a San Antonio Company that provides great service at a great price.

Due to the mess that BF1 /Allied waste has caused in Westcreek I would not consider them but that's my own opinion.

Please let me know when I'll be needed and again Thank you and the BOD.

Last edited by wellguy; 08-23-2009 at 06:33 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,030 times
hey guys, is your 'hood' being marked with taggers? I am started to seriously get pissed off at them, they tagged up someones van. Thats not cool

Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 PM

No.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I'm ready for them now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio