Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,673,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I see crews out there fixing fences today...both Westcreek Oaks and Military.
Yes, AND the worst fence in Westcreek (the one with horizontal 1x4's holding the fence up) is now the best fence as every board was replaced! Now they just have to pay the lawyer fees for fighting it so long.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,325 times
I'm certain it's only a matter of time before all of our fences (not just the former "Common Fences") have dots and symbols on them.

I'm going to the Home Depot and Lowes first thing in the morning to buy all the remaining cans of "Westcreek Blue" spray paint before the HOA does.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:54 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,066 times
Did anyone call the graffiti police yet?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
That would be pretty funny..
so are these fences personal property with each section belonging to individual homeowners? or is it community property, but somehow maintenance is the responsibility of the individual owners? The answer to that will determine whether or not we have a case and if the fence in my backyard actually belongs to me, I'm going to have an issue with someone tagging it.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
so are these fences personal property with each section belonging to individual homeowners? or is it community property, but somehow maintenance is the responsibility of the individual owners? The answer to that will determine whether or not we have a case and if the fence in my backyard actually belongs to me, I'm going to have an issue with someone tagging it.
One way to force an answer...call the police. If it is your fence, its graffiti. If it isn't your fence then you shouldn't have to pay to fix it.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Lil

32 posts, read 77,054 times
Quote:

How many people do you think ever check their Survey Plot they receive at the closing of their home. It shows what you own on your property, setbacks and easements. I know the HOA moved my fence because it blocked visuals at the intersection. My easement at some point is 20 feet and prevents me from building anything permanent on it. When we lived in El Paso we were responsible for maintenance for up to halfway into the street! It always pays to be well informed......

Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Good Evening All -This morning close to 7:00 I saw a Lady walking down Westcreek Oaks towards Military carrying a HEB /WalMart sized Trash Bag (maybe a little bigger). She also had one of those Grabber Tools. Do you know that the bag was almost full?

I was going to honk and wave as in saying Thank You but I didn't know how she would taken the gesture.

Whoever you are "My Hat's Off to You" and "I THANK YOU" for picking up after those who litter in our neighborhood.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
the parents of one my daughter's friends said that the HOA has people going around fixing fences and then charging the residents. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm definitely going to the office tomorrow to try and get some info out of them. I know it's going to be an exercise in extreme frustration, though..
I wonder if you can secede from the neighborhood? I could fly my own flag and build a nice brick or stone fence. Mine the front yard and maybe even put in a moat. Or maybe we could have our own little civil war? although that could involve violence and violence is not a good thing, even though our nation's/state's history is full of plenty of examples of it...

edit- a Google search found quite a few examples of individuals and even an entire road trying to secede from a HOA, but it's not easy. I'm thinking the civil war route might be our best chance

Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 PM

rd2007 -If they are wouldn't they (HOA) now be responsible for the maintenance? If they repaired my fence without telling me I would take it as a gesture of kindness and tell the HOA "To Pay if Forward" . If the next person did that then the HOA would repair all the fences.

I will admit I know little about stains. If I had to guess I would say that the stain being used is water based. That's due to the dull /flat look. I would think that an oil based stain would extend the life of the fence. Can someone clarify this for me?

Last edited by wellguy; 08-10-2009 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,828,596 times
Quote:
the parents of one my daughter's friends said that the HOA has people going around fixing fences and then charging the residents. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm definitely going to the office tomorrow to try and get some info out of them. I know it's going to be an exercise in extreme frustration, though..
I wonder if you can secede from the neighborhood? I could fly my own flag and build a nice brick or stone fence. Mine the front yard and maybe even put in a moat. Or maybe we could have our own little civil war? although that could involve violence and violence is not a good thing, even though our nation's/state's history is full of plenty of examples of it...

edit- a Google search found quite a few examples of individuals and even an entire road trying to secede from a HOA, but it's not easy. I'm thinking the civil war route might be our best chance
You ready for your invoice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio