Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times

Advertisements

I wish I would've bought in the Hills, so I would say continue to consider it. The neighborhood is very good overall, but obviously has a couple of people that like to voice their opinions and concerns. I'd prefer that over a neighborhood that slowly and silently rots..
and no, didn't go there today. I'm going with my wife tomorrow when she's off. It's better that way.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 PM

872 posts, read 1,857,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Wow, after reading through the first few and last few pages of this thread...should we not consider V of W for our home search? We'll be moving to San Antonio as soon as we sell our place here in Houston, and I really like a house that is for sale in the Hills section. Kinda concerned!
Don't "not consider it" but do let the HOA and your realtor know that the HOA has a negative rep that is weighing on people's decision to buy in the neighborhood or not. Be informed and voice your opinion but don't let it stop you. There are some great people here, the location is great, schools are great and we need more sensible people to constructively voice their opinion to the HOA. Welcome to the neighborhood...if you buy here.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,418,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Don't "not consider it" but do let the HOA and your realtor know that the HOA has a negative rep that is weighing on people's decision to buy in the neighborhood or not. Be informed and voice your opinion but don't let it stop you. There are some great people here, the location is great, schools are great and we need more sensible people to constructively voice their opinion to the HOA. Welcome to the neighborhood...if you buy here.

Thanks wc2005. I will definitely take that into consideration.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,427,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post

Excellent post!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,026 times
Good Evening- As you know we have lived here since December of 1999. I cannot remember if the HOA has ever arranged for a Roll Off Dumspster so Residents can dispose of large items, brush, etc.

Has it ever happened? I would like to request to the HOA that something like this be done 1-2 times each year. There is no doubt that more than one would be needed, at least I would think so. I know that Bexar County can arrange a Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day here in Westcreek. City Residents can dispose of their waste at the Culebra Road Site just inside 410.

*Not to sound like a smart aleck but this would be great for those that have to dispose of all the old fence boards

Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 PM

86 posts, read 175,020 times
[quote=rd2007;10245867]I wish I would've bought in the Hills, so I would say continue to consider it. The neighborhood is very good overall, but obviously has a couple of people that like to voice their opinions and concerns. I'd prefer that over a neighborhood that slowly and silently rots..

I wasn't aware of any issues in the Hills. It always seems like most of the homes in there are well maintained; looks like a quiet section that you don't hear much about. I know some of the areas around there also have larger lots and more trees.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 PM

86 posts, read 175,020 times
Quote:
Wow, after reading through the first few and last few pages of this thread...should we not consider V of W for our home search? We'll be moving to San Antonio as soon as we sell our place here in Houston, and I really like a house that is for sale in the Hills section. Kinda concerned!

From the seven years I have lived in Westcreek; we have enjoyed the area and our friends and neighbors. We always had the feeling that this is home; even after being transplanted all over the world with the military. It's what you make of it. Our property values have remained strong and consistent; and for a large subdivision - we do have the "small town" feel. If you become a part of your new community and reach out, with all that our area offers; I think you would enjoy Westcreek. As stated by others here on CD; if you choose Westcreek as your home - Welcome!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times
I've never heard of any issues in the Hills either. I meant issues with the HOA.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:08 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,418,898 times
Very excited to be coming out to San Antonio tomorrow. Will be there until Monday evening. We will be driving around looking at neighborhoods. Westcreek is one of them, as is Legacy Trails. I feel like it's Christmas Eve! This will be our very first house. We've owned our 3 br condo here in H-town for over 6 years, but we've never had a house. I am so psyched. It's been a long time dream and I can't wait!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:16 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,830,596 times
Quote:
Very excited to be coming out to San Antonio tomorrow. Will be there until Monday evening. We will be driving around looking at neighborhoods. Westcreek is one of them, as is Legacy Trails. I feel like it's Christmas Eve! This will be our very first house. We've owned our 3 br condo here in H-town for over 6 years, but we've never had a house. I am so psyched. It's been a long time dream and I can't wait!
Well, don't drive too slow by my house. We're quick on the trigger here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio