Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,847,284 times

Advertisements

Good Evening All. It's great to hear of the fence repairs but who is doing the work. The HOA or the Homeowner?

Crap I can see it now that the HOA is more than likely going to use the spray paint tactic to get the homeowner to get the work done faster. I will have to see this when we get back from our trip.

They will probably induce a grafitti promblem.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,684,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Evening All. It's great to hear of the fence repairs but who is doing the work. The HOA or the Homeowner?

Crap I can see it now that the HOA is more than likely going to use the spray paint tactic to get the homeowner to get the work done faster. I will have to see this when we get back from our trip.

They will probably induce a grafitti promblem.
They are even spraying large blue circles on the new replacement boards as well as the old boards.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,429,058 times
I was looking at them yesterday and I think someone is on serious crack. Most of the boards I saw the blue B on are perfectly fine and I would be charging the stupid HOA for ruining my fence. Are Jim Carrie and Jeff Daniels running this show or what?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,948 times
Default Wood cutting dumping

I'm calling the HOA to report that the gardeners, grass cutting crew (whatever their title) cut some trees/bushes at the Westcreek Oaks entrance yesterday and then dumped them on the south side of Westcreek Oaks just outside the entrance to WC on the 1604 right of way.

1. Against the law, and could be fined.
2. Against rules advertised by the HOA.
3. Very tacky and I'm betting does nothing to help maintain or raise home values which is the primary role of the HOA.

Want you all join me in calling the HOA to ensure they know we are watching and to ensure that they clean up their mess?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:03 PM

It's hard to think that the HOA is that stupid to paint the bad portions of the fences, along with the good portions. I feel certain that kids will see this and follow with more painting.

Its sad to see that we are paying someone to dump yard clippings, tree limbs, etc on State Property. There is no doubt if we would have done the dumping we would be in good trouble.

Is the HOA Office in the morning. Although I'm still in Kansas I'll be glad to call.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:50 PM

Wellguy,

Not sure if they are open tomorrow morning but you should be able to leave a message still as far as I know. Wonder if that email address for the Board is still on the webpage...they should know about this.

As for the blue paint on the fence boards...I can't see any rhyme or reason as to what they've painted. It looks like a B in some spots, a solid cirle spot in others, and a line in still others. There is a LOT of blue paint too. If they are replacing the painted boards, they may as well replace the entire fence.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 PM

Good Evening wc2005- I searched the webpage calender earlier and there wasn't anything about them being open in the morning. I will call and if not I'll leave a message.

I will also send them an email concerning the dumping (I'm glad you indicated where) and the spraying of the fences. They have no idea that I'm out of town so me sending this information tonight will be of some good. I will tell you that my experience shows that they are very poor about getting back with individuals. What's new?

If I don't see the mess they have caused Sunday night then I'll see it Monday morning on the way to work. I would hope that they are bombarded with calls. If I understand the owners will be given 30 days for minor reparis and 60 for major ones. If those blue marks are there for that reason we will see them for months if not years.

As you know I have many concerns over this fence issue. Like you I feel the first impression is the most important since it has a direct reflection on the entire subdivision.

When we left town early Monday morning I saw that there are a couple of holes dug along the Tower island for irrigation lines. I hope they are not there when I return. I can show them several ares (piles of dirt ) along sidewalks etc that have been present for at least a year. If a utility company caused that mess then they need to burn up the phone lines to get it corrected. I guess they are waiting for the area to be mowed enough to brak down the dirt piles or maybe a flood to erode them. I know this may be nit picky to most but they had a problem with me concerning the same a while back. Like a dummy I planted a small oak tree too close to the driveway after following the planting instructions from a local reputable nursery. Well after 7 years I noticed a hairline crack in the driveway. I didn't want to take the tree down if there was some way of saving it. I did plenty of research and found a rootbarrier (2' x 2' poly panels) and had a trench dug against the driveway about 14' long x 26" deep. The trench was dug about eight days prior to the panels coming in and I was isssued two notices. My point here is that they need to follow their own lead. I can accept the fact that I put the cart before the horse and the 16' pile of dirt along our driveway and side yard was an eyesore.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Two notices in 8 days? Aren't they required to give you 10 days to fix a problem once they give you a notice?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Good Morning- I have pissed the HOA off so many times they could care less about a time frame. I used to save the notices just in case anything came up. I'll check when we get home to see if we still have them. I felt all of my complaints /concerns were valid and they would never act upon them so that meant another call on my part.

Its pretty sad that we have a person who works for the HOA and lives in The Holow. There is no doubt the same violations were observed. You would think that an employee would have reported them first.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Not all of the cuttings came from there but if you look around the brick sign on the north side of WC Oaks by 1604 you can see the fresh cutting of a tree/bush that was as big around as your arm. Then look across WC Oaks to the south side of the street and there it lays along with other clippings. I saw them working between there and the entrance to The Bluffs on Thursday so it is obvious how it got there.

What happened to Lil on here? Isn't she still on the Board? Why does she not chyme in, either way, on the budget, fence, gardening (her specialty) issues on here? If nothing else but to say "I'll bring this before the BOD".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio