Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:24 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times

Advertisements

rocker_baby23 -It's your own neighborhood kids that are doing the egging. Call BCSD and request more patrols.

I know this has been brought up in the past but why do you think we don't have roaming security. I'm sure they can find some extra money in the 1.3 million dollar budget.
Crap let me drive that white Chevrolet pickup (with the VOWC logo) around at night. It doesn't get too much use besides seeing it at the Chinse Buffet by the Leslie Road /1604 Wal Mart.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:09 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Default Dues

Speaking of our annual dues...read your VWOA paperwork carefully and you will see that prior to this rate increase (the first ever supposedly) that every house was paying $29 per year more than is listed in the paperwork that is still being given out to new homeowners. That alone is an extra $87,000 per year in dues (based on 3,000 homes) that has been collected since oh, 1987! Granted there hasn't been 3,000 homes in WC for that long but still, that is A LOT of extra money! I forget which document its in but there is a provision for $180 a year and another for $45 a year. That comes to $225 not $254 which was the rate prior to this year. How can that be if there has "never" been a rate increase?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 PM

797 posts, read 2,994,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Tiger has had "specials" which gives one free month when you sign on. I think the free month was after the first billing cycle. Be sure and ask for this if you switch. We have found them to be the most affordable and the cleanest. The others along with dripping household waste,etc. often leave trash strewn in front of homes.

As stated earlier Tiger does recycling,(paper, glass, metal cans) I'm glad they don't give you another 96 gallon container for this. The bin is just the right size to set in a pantry. You'll have to rinse the containers out to prevent any odors.

Again I wish that we had one garbage service. As it stands now ther is a pickup almost every weekday. We would also get better rates. People I meet throught the city and county are amazed that we have 3-4-5 garbage companies out here.
I am happy that Tiger is now collecting recycling, and I am glad MD Systems gave me an extra large container (64gal) for my recycling. If you are serious enough about recycling you will end up with more recycling than trash, at least we do. For the past 3yrs we have saved and sorted our recycling into 6 bins in our garage and trucked them downtown to be dropped off on our time and dime. MD Systems charges $55 for 3 months of trash and recycling services. I don't know what Tiger's rate is but I was getting totally ripped off by Waste Management at $150+ every 3 months without recycling!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I thought there was more like 5000+ houses in WC? I also agree that money should go to roaming security. My son does that and I'm sure he would much rather work here than the ghetto shopping center he's at now.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,067,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I thought there was more like 5000+ houses in WC? I also agree that money should go to roaming security. My son does that and I'm sure he would much rather work here than the ghetto shopping center he's at now.
Tell him to keep an eye on the Great Northwest website for a security opening--although the pay is pretty weak ($9 hr). But I know one patrol officer that needs replacing for sure. They do offer full bennies, though.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 AM

$9/hour is better than what he is getting now. Is it an armed job? He can't do that for another couple months until he turns 21. That's some pretty crazy low pay for armed security, though. Do you happen to know the name of the company? that's a lot better commute for him.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,067,455 times
No, they are not armed, except with a pencil and paper. It would be working directly for the community association, not a security company. There is not an open position showing on the website, but have him check it every once in a while and even other neighborhood associations.

Our security guys basically do drive-bys to make sure everything is OK and make reports about things that are not. They are a nice deterrent, but not actual crime-fighters. I'm just po'd at one of them, but for the most part they are a great group of guys.

Great Northwest Community Improvement Association, Inc.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:13 PM

I just sent him a message. Thanks

Old 05-30-2009, 04:53 PM

24 posts, read 65,085 times
Default West Creek Common Areas

Ok so we were on base today and saw a goregous park with canopies(hint hint WC)... I think if WC took the $6000 allocated for beer during their Octoberfest "party" which really who attends that??? Also all of us are grown... have children activities thats fine but seroiusly do grown people need a drinking social and instead invest it in the park that might make more sence. Also since we have ID cards for WC why can't we get a scan card reader for the community areas? Personally I dont feel that the park is a safe area for my daughter...

-Husband of Caligirl83-

Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
I will admit that I NEED to attend our next HOA meeting. We all have valid points to bring up and deserve to get straight answers. I will allow the Board to "Table" (for one month only) an item so they can look into it further. As you all know there usually 1-2-3 Homeowners that attend the monthly meetings. In my opinion the attendance is low because we are unhappy with the Board and HOA. We are seeing too many things happen to our neighborhood that we take pride in. Let's all try to commit to attending the next meeting. I hate it that they start at 6:00pm (I think). I assure you I will take an hour or two of leave to attend.

rd2007 - I'm certain that the HOA pays high insurance premiums and that Roaming Secuirty should be covered in the policy. I know your Son would be great for this position. As far as pay if we can afford to pay the gate guards, life guards, etc. a good hourly wage we can afforsd to do the same for your son. We need to hire within.( As far as I know our last Community Manager did not live here. The same may have been true with Mr. Richards.)
As I stated earlier we already own a vehicle and gas would not be expensive. If you ask me and I'm certain you all will agree this is something we need.

*Does anyone have Family /Friends the live in the Great Northwest. I would like to find out the numer of homes and their annual dues. If everything is comparable or somewhat comparable there is no excuse for The Villages not having Security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio