Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,850,540 times

Advertisements

Steel Man -I only wish the HOA read this thread. If I am correct there was a discussion board /forum on the VOWC wbpage in the past. It was great to see what other neighbors thought about our subdivision and the HOA.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM

It's 94 degrees outside and Round-Up works best in the heat. I guess I'll go and spray the weeds along the streets, curbs, and sidewalks. It's obvious that the Standards Compliance Monitor who takes care of The Hollow never looks down.

*Hollow Residents - I'm considering removing that part of the Yucca at the monument that has fallen and is slowly dying. Would that upset any of you? I asked the HOA several weeks back and they assured me it would be taken care of. HAH. The monument here along with several others look like crap. The one that looks the best is at The Hills. I know that the homeowners there are taking care of it. NOT THE HOA

Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,692,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
It's 94 degrees outside and Round-Up works best in the heat. I guess I'll go and spray the weeds along the streets, curbs, and sidewalks. It's obvious that the Standards Compliance Monitor who takes care of The Hollow never looks down.

*Hollow Residents - I'm considering removing that part of the Yucca at the monument that has fallen and is slowly dying. Would that upset any of you? I asked the HOA several weeks back and they assured me it would be taken care of. HAH. The monument here along with several others look like crap. The one that looks the best is at The Hills. I know that the homeowners there are taking care of it. NOT THE HOA
Sounds like a hollow promise to me, but go ahead and remove the Yucca. In about a year, the HOA will discover that it was taken care of, then will form a committee to study why the Yucca was dying, and finally bring it before the board to make a ruling if it should have been pulled out. Something MIGHT be done in about two years though. Isn't this the process on how the fences are getting repaired/updated?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM

Sounds like you have heard that famous phrase at the VOWC Board of Directors / HOA Meetings.
'Let's TABLE that for next month"

Old 05-26-2009, 05:50 PM

Like most of you here in The Villages of Westcreek we have several beautiful oak trees. I have known about Oak Wilt for years and what the end result is. Today (due to work) I was on the end of Dezare (where the pavement ends and the rural begins). I spoke to a nice man who told me the horrors of Oak Wilt right outside of Westcreek. I saw many dead Live Oaks.
As you know we are to spray our tree wounds /cuts after trimming, etc. All Commercial Tree Triming Companies are to be registered /licensed with the City of San Antonio. www.sanantonio.gov/dsd/pdf/ChoosingTreeCareProfessional.pdf

As you know our landscaping adds THOUSANDS$$$$$ to our homes value. Don't use Fly- by- Night Tree Care Companies. Yes the price will be cheaper but is it worth loosing your / our oaks? Although we don't want to report our neighbors (well I frequently report the one in front of us) the HOA will /should take immediate action if trees are not sprayed.

Last edited by wellguy; 05-26-2009 at 06:08 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,066,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Like most of you here in The Villages of Westcreek we have several beautiful oak trees. I have known about Oak Wilt for years and what the end result is. Today (due to work) I was on the end of Dezare (where the pavement ends and the rural begins). I spoke to a nice man who told me the horrors of Oak Wilt right outside of Westcreek. I saw many dead Live Oaks.
As you know we are to spray our tree wounds /cuts after trimming, etc. All Commercial Tree Triming Companies are to be registered /licensed with the City of San Antonio. www.sanantonio.gov/dsd/pdf/ChoosingTreeCareProfessional.pdf

As you know our landscaping adds THOUSANDS$$$$$ to our homes value. Don't use Fly- by- Night Tree Care Companies. Yes the price will be cheaper but is it worth loosing your / our oaks? Although we don't want to report our neighbors (well I frequently report the one in front of us) the HOA will /should take immediate action if trees are not sprayed.
I keep trying to tell people about the oak wilt!! You don't know devastation until it's in your yard. Good luck getting people to listen and take action before it's to late. By the way, if you go to fight your property taxes, they could care less if all your trees are dead.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 PM

872 posts, read 1,860,716 times
Default Westcreek Oaks Sign

Looks like the broken sign at the Westcreek Oaks entrance was pulled out of the ground today. Could it be the HOA in action to fix it?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 PM

872 posts, read 1,860,716 times
Default All That Money

Why exactly did the Board need to raise dues this year? There are more houses in West Creek than ever before so the amount of incoming money is higher than ever. 3,000 homes x $264 = $792,000 in dues alone! Plus money for the pool rentals, pavilian rental, community center rentals, rummage sales, sporting events... Where does all that money go? Due to the non-profit status, the HOA only pays around $200 per year in property taxes so that aint it. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Am I correct in stating that our VOWC HOA 2009 Budget is 1.3 million?
Most small towns around don't have that kind of annual budget.
I talked with folks at the local VFD on Talley Rd. a few weeks ago. I was told that the HOA no longer makes donations. Does anyone know if that is correct.
Anyway you would think for all that revenue the neighborhood common area, the broken VOWC sign on Westcreek Oaks and the broken fence (What's it been 1 1/2 months?) would be repaired a heck of a lot quicker.
I still can't get anyone to tell me why there is $4,000.00 budgeted for street sweeping of Military Dr. and Westcreek Oaks. BCPW does that already.

*Did our HOA Staff take lessons from BexarMet when it comes to spending and abusing Ratepayers /Homeowners money?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Camper1 -Thanks for the reply. I was shocked to see what I saw today. I was more shocked that it was so close to Westcreek.

Last year when a SAWS Sewer Main was routed along the back side of our Sports Park I was contacted by our then Community Manager. I was told that several days prior the SAWS Contractor had to cut several large oak branches to allow for the passage of large equipment. The cuts weren't sprayed. She asked that I contact SAWS and have the cuts sprayed. That was no problem. I recall asking why she waited so long to contact anyone and I never got a decent answer. I reminded her that we are supposed to spray tree wounds / cuts within 2 hours. The COSA Oak Wilt Ordinance states 30 mins. (This overrides Westcreeks Rule)
I still don't know what stopped anyone from picking up the phone and calling SAWS as soon as it was noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio