Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,437,013 times

Advertisements

I seriously think you should run for a leadership position in the neighborhood wellguy. I think you would make a huge improvement over our current status quo

Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,056,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Camper1 -Thanks for the reply. I was shocked to see what I saw today. I was more shocked that it was so close to Westcreek.

Last year when a SAWS Sewer Main was routed along the back side of our Sports Park I was contacted by our then Community Manager. I was told that several days prior the SAWS Contractor had to cut several large oak branches to allow for the passage of large equipment. The cuts weren't sprayed. She asked that I contact SAWS and have the cuts sprayed. That was no problem. I recall asking why she waited so long to contact anyone and I never got a decent answer. I reminded her that we are supposed to spray tree wounds / cuts within 2 hours. The COSA Oak Wilt Ordinance states 30 mins. (This overrides Westcreeks Rule)
I still don't know what stopped anyone from picking up the phone and calling SAWS as soon as it was noticed.
Please don't think that open tree wounds is the only way it travels.I suggest you find out everything you can, as soon as you can about this thing and stay on top of it. As I have posted before( somewhere) we trenched all the way around our property as recommended by the state and still got it. Some neighbors just watched us and thought we were nuts. Its now across the street in their yard and traveling fast. I'm telling you, its almost like it hits overnight. Your trees look fine and then one day you look up and they're dead!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM

872 posts, read 1,859,664 times
Default Community Manager

Per the webpage, the Community Manager position is still open. Seems to be taking a long time to fill. Wonder why?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Looks like the broken sign at the Westcreek Oaks entrance was pulled out of the ground today. Could it be the HOA in action to fix it?
So, the sign is gone. Does that mean it is being fixed or just removed. Not sure that wooden sign is needed anyway since there is a brick on right there...behind the bushes.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:20 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,567,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Per the webpage, the Community Manager position is still open. Seems to be taking a long time to fill. Wonder why?
EASY! It's because it's laughable how much experience and education is required (not to mention NEVER being able to please everyone ~ so there's always SOMEONE who's ticked and screaming at you) for the amount of money you all are paying!

Just IMHO, tho!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Garbage companies

Wonder why the garbage companies who work WC (and other areas) don't do some turf spliting. There are at least four garbage companies in WC. Instead of running up and down every street to work every 3 or 4 houses, why not agree to split some of the neighborhood(s) and then drive fewer streets to pick up at all the houses? That would save lots of fuel (maybe they could stop charging us fuel surcharges), save time, and increase profitability.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM

I think the people that are still using WM need to check out the MUCH lower prices they can get from Tiger. Unless you absolutely need two days of service (I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of us don't), there's no sense in paying more than double the price for awful service.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I think the people that are still using WM need to check out the MUCH lower prices they can get from Tiger. Unless you absolutely need two days of service (I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of us don't), there's no sense in paying more than double the price for awful service.
The only reasons I don't want to use Tiger is the size of the can makes it too big to store in the garage and the once a week pickup means stinkier garbage when the weather is warm. You are correct though that they seem to be cheaper. Just got a bill for $78.79 for the next quarter for Allied. $8.80 of that is a "fuel/environmental recovery" fee.

I bet the HOA could negotiate with these garbage companies to provide service to the entire neighborhood for a lower price...you get the entire WC community if you only charge say $40 a quarter. Then that would be a meaningful service to pay for in HOA dues! Works for the city.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
EASY! It's because it's laughable how much experience and education is required (not to mention NEVER being able to please everyone ~ so there's always SOMEONE who's ticked and screaming at you) for the amount of money you all are paying!

Just IMHO, tho!
You are correct that the pay isn't much for the headache that comes with it. I think the last CM was making $47K.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:32 PM

it is a big can, but mine fits in the garage with a truck and SUV. Also, it's so heavy that the lid seals very well and you can't smell anything as long as you don't open it. I personally think garbage stinks almost instantly in the heat of summer and it's never a good idea to hang around long after you open it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio