Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeblue View Post
YES, THEIR ARE MANY PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH THE HOA AND BOD. FOLKS ARE TRYING TO GET ORGANIZED. GO TO THE FOLLOWING SITES:
AND SHOW UP AT THE BOARD MEETINGS.

www.westcreekhomeownersforachange.com

Moderator cut: link to offsite blog
WOW (To say the least). I honestly did not realize the number of people who are fed up with the HOA Staff and BOD . There are many of us here that provide information on issues and problems which are valid and worth communicating about. To read some of those posts makes my complaining seem like childs play. I did find that there was one email address on one site that was the same one I sent the information about joining the Fence Committee. (dallasfan8). I see why I was not contacted. I assume this person had enough of the antics with the BOD and Office Staff.

As you all know I too am fed up with crime, neighborhood's looking bad, the Common Fence Issue, (Kudo's to all of you that are repairing your fences. I still feel you were screwed. We never had a problem with our dues going towards the fence repairs), people being bad stewards of our money, etc.

Although it is obvious that some don't care for Mr. Severs I do respect him for always replying to my emails. I assure you the Office Staff never does. I really don't care how much one complains, suggests, etc. you should still get a reply. I'll assure them if I ignored phone calls and emails my tail would have been in SAWS CEO's Office long ago.

Last edited by Bo; 09-18-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,428 times
After reading a little more on those two mentioned sites I was shocked that the BOD has a 3 minute time limit to talk. This sound like the COSA City Council rules which were put into effect due to Jack Finger who always made it a point to ramble on. If your subject is valid and your not being rude you should be able to talk until you a through. As far a I know there is not specified time for the meetings to end. If there is then it surely can't be set in stone. It will be a cold day if I ever attend a meeting and have something to say that takes longer than three minutes. Due to what I've read I'm heavily considering going to the one this week just to observe.

I hate it when you read in the minutes that things are tabled. Some matters can be decided upon at the meetings. I have always felt that tabling a simple suggestion / question is a way of dodging it.

Is anyone else considering attending?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:11 PM

86 posts, read 175,031 times
[quote=wellguy;10730874]WOW (To say the least). I honestly did not realize the number of people who are fed up with the HOA Staff and BOD . There are many of us here that provide information on issues and problems which are valid and worth communicating about. To read some of those posts makes my complaining seem like childs play. I did find that there was one email address on one site that was the same one I sent the information about joining the Fence Committee. (dallasfan8). I see why I was not contacted. I assume this person had enough of the antics with the BOD and Office Staff.

This individual you quote has an agenda and is an EX-board member that resigned(dallasfan8) and seems to have an agenda - you have to consider the source when getting your information......Get the facts and then make your decisions based on "your research" and documentation....

Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,560 times
[quote=CH1960;10744655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
WOW (To say the least). I honestly did not realize the number of people who are fed up with the HOA Staff and BOD . There are many of us here that provide information on issues and problems which are valid and worth communicating about. To read some of those posts makes my complaining seem like childs play. I did find that there was one email address on one site that was the same one I sent the information about joining the Fence Committee. (dallasfan8). I see why I was not contacted. I assume this person had enough of the antics with the BOD and Office Staff.

This individual you quote has an agenda and is an EX-board member that resigned(dallasfan8) and seems to have an agenda - you have to consider the source when getting your information......Get the facts and then make your decisions based on "your research" and documentation....
Perhaps but I haven't seen anything from him yet that I can disagree with. When is the meeting this month?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,560 times
What

Board of Director Meeting
When

Thu Sep 17 6pm – Thu Sep 17 9pm

Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,030 times
Any one notice a suspicious off white box van around westcreek. Someone from the van approached our house at 930 saying they are selling a product and was holding some bottles. Very peculiar person and van so I wrote the plates down and noticed there was another man in the van as well. Should I report this to the bexar county sherriff dept? It just seemed like they were casing the house and neighborhood we are in the new Mcmillan homes.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,057,281 times
Definitely report it. They can run the plates and just maybe they've been up to no good elsewhere.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,822,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjdave View Post
Any one notice a suspicious off white box van around westcreek. Someone from the van approached our house at 930 saying they are selling a product and was holding some bottles. Very peculiar person and van so I wrote the plates down and noticed there was another man in the van as well. Should I report this to the bexar county sherriff dept? It just seemed like they were casing the house and neighborhood we are in the new Mcmillan homes.
Yes, please call it in.

And if you would pls DM me the plate number (don't post it here, it'll get deleted).

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM

71 posts, read 109,950 times
Yes, report it ASAP, never give it a second thought, with the Holiday's around the corner this is the time i got my home broken into last year and 5 other neighbors in the same sub-division. I'm ready for them to come and meet my friends!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,030 times
Does anyone have the number I should call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio