Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM

43 posts, read 55,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
Mr Severs said that the meeting will be closed to homeowners!!
He also said it was going to be held in conference room.
Period end of story, a HO told him that they can't do that due
to Sunshine Law.

Severs said that the HO was WRONG!!
OH! LC, CH & EJ had cheshire cat grins
on faces.
Let Severs think the HO was wrong. Let LC, CH & EJ have cheshire cat grins on their faces. That is really all they have going for them anyway. Emailing Board is a waste of time. The Board members believe they can do whatever they want. They definitely are not capable of rational thinking. It is about power and control. Greed and corruption and they are stealing from all Westcreek homeowners for their own benefit. If they didn't have anything to hide, they wouldn't insist on closed meetings would they? I don't think they would. Maybe the homeowners need to have their own closed meetings

Old 11-27-2009, 10:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,841,086 times
Sadly, nothing of significance will be done until elections in April. Then, if the wrong people are chosen, this has potential to happen all over again.
Remember, people voted these clowns in.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:20 PM

Has anyone looked at the job opportunities for the Association lately? They are looking for a fulltime administrative assistant. I thought all positions were currently filled. Are paid employees leaving or getting terminated? Looking for pavilion attendant and party monitors. Are they adding employees to the payroll?

Old 11-27-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Sadly, nothing of significance will be done until elections in April. Then, if the wrong people are chosen, this has potential to happen all over again.
Remember, people voted these clowns in.
The only wrong people are the current people on the Board. You are right - people voted for the current board, but I was not one of those people. The current Board needs to remember their duties as a board member. There are 3 members on the Board, I didn't trust first time I laid eyes on them...a gut feeling.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
The only wrong people are the current people on the Board. You are right - people voted for the current board, but I was not one of those people. The current Board needs to remember their duties as a board member. There are 3 members on the Board, I didn't trust first time I laid eyes on them...a gut feeling.
I wasn't either, but apparently there were enough folks out there who did. They may make the same mistake again. Any "candidates for change" need to be out there knocking on doors wayyy before elections and not just submitting their polished resumes for insertion in the newsletter. This has potential to happen all over again...I've seen it before. I'm still of the opinion that not enough people care.
I'm going to write in "Mr. Big Balls" for my vote.
I give up way too much of my time as it is (and I'm out of state/country often) ...or I would run.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:50 PM

88 posts, read 169,378 times
Quote:
Has anyone looked at the job opportunities for the Association lately? They are looking for a fulltime administrative assistant. I thought all positions were currently filled. Are paid employees leaving or getting terminated? Looking for pavilion attendant and party monitors. Are they adding employees to the payroll?
Seriously...we have a pavilion attendant and party monitors on payroll? What in the world for? I've had parties in the pavilions at city parks and there were no paid city staff in attendance.

This place just gets crazier by the minute!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,688,400 times
What's the latest on 2010 HOA dues? Is it still $280 (yearly) or more?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:55 AM

56 posts, read 75,310 times
Quote:
Let Severs think the HO was wrong. Let LC, CH & EJ have cheshire cat grins on their faces. That is really all they have going for them anyway. Emailing Board is a waste of time. The Board members believe they can do whatever they want. They definitely are not capable of rational thinking. It is about power and control. Greed and corruption and they are stealing from all Westcreek homeowners for their own benefit. If they didn't have anything to hide, they wouldn't insist on closed meetings would they? I don't think they would. Maybe the homeowners need to have their own closed meetings
Look, I like many homeowners want real change in Westcreek but we must not get caught up in a mob mentality. If you have evidence of someone stealing from the members, then you have an obligation to report it to the proper authorities. If you have evidence and don't report it, then that shows me a lot about your character.

What is happening now is the begining of the "Perfect Storm". Over the next few months we will have the opportunity to vote for the candidates of our choice. I know HC and LC and believe me that if they decide to run, they will run a strong campaign. Don't be fools, they have their supporters too. If they get re-elected the two newest members will be powerless and we will have more of the same. Let's be smart and not make any stupid mistakes as we ride out this storm.

Hopefully, we can get at least 4 good candidates that the community as a whole can support. This will certainly be an interesting race.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Look, I like many homeowners want real change in Westcreek but we must not get caught up in a mob mentality. If you have evidence of someone stealing from the members, then you have an obligation to report it to the proper authorities. If you have evidence and don't report it, then that shows me a lot about your character.

What is happening now is the begining of the "Perfect Storm". Over the next few months we will have the opportunity to vote for the candidates of our choice. I know HC and LC and believe me that if they decide to run, they will run a strong campaign. Don't be fools, they have their supporters too. If they get re-elected the two newest members will be powerless and we will have more of the same. Let's be smart and not make any stupid mistakes as we ride out this storm.

Hopefully, we can get at least 4 good candidates that the community as a whole can support. This will certainly be an interesting race.
The Common Man also has a lot of Common Sense...correct.
He does need to report it....or it becomes a baseless accusation. I'm sure he has the evidence (at least I hope he does), as he wouldn't expose himself to a libel suit like this if he didn't.

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 11-28-2009 at 06:58 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 AM

872 posts, read 1,859,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Seriously...we have a pavilion attendant and party monitors on payroll? What in the world for? I've had parties in the pavilions at city parks and there were no paid city staff in attendance.

This place just gets crazier by the minute!
This is not new. The HOA provides paid party monitors when someone rents out the community center. This person opens/closes the building and is the HOA representative to ensure the party does not get out of control, ensures proper amenities are provided, liaison with the hired police if required (based on size of party)... The party monitor is not (or at least has not been) a paid position other than when a party is going on. Usually, office staff or monitors share in the duties of party monitors.

Pavilion attendant...not sure about that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio