Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,437,013 times

Advertisements

do SA ordinances pertain in WC, though? I am not defending the signs and wouldn't report anyone I saw pulling them all up for sure, but one of the best things about WC is we aren't in the city of SA.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM

186 posts, read 345,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
As I recall the BoD president at the Town Hall meeting said he had invited both Sheriff Ortiz and Judge Wolff to the Town Hall meeting. When Judge Wolff declined, Mr. Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez was invited. The information relayed back to the Association was that he or his Chief of Staff would show. Well none showed up. The Sheriff sent the COPs deputies and so the President asked the Association's lawyer, Mr. Newton to fill the gap. The one thing I as a resident do not want, is some politician showing up to campaign and satisfy his own ego.
Believe me I was in no way suggesting an invitation to any of those political yokels. I was advocating torment by email and 1000's of paper cuts and tons of phone calls. Rodriguez wouldn't show because in my estimation we're not South Bexar enough to suit his tastes, and not blue blood enough or upper crust enough for Wolff. I've noticed that Rodriguez appears to show at venues where the risk of encountering hard questions is very low. I know some some politicians have a tendency to send underlings to the high risk events...in this way it gives them plausible deniability and they can always claim the staffer misstepped or misstated their position...so the feces never sticks to them. Of course its all a matter of timing...the closer a politician gets to reelection the more they'll venture out from under their rock. Politics in Bexar county is a brotherhood...a real snake pit. We ought to vote them all out..although I believe I've heard that Wolff is moving on to other things. An organized HOA could be a formidable block vote in an election and a combined effort by several HOA's could prove to be downright scary to a jello politician. You just have to make them realize that his/her fate is in the hands of the voter. Gosh! I'm sorry folks..didn't mean to sound so revolutionary

Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
do SA ordinances pertain in WC, though? I am not defending the signs and wouldn't report anyone I saw pulling them all up for sure, but one of the best things about WC is we aren't in the city of SA.
Yes. Some Ordinances extend into the City of San Antonio's ETJ (5 miles outside City Limits) Some extend 5000' outside City Limits, etc.

The Sign Ordinance does apply out here as does the Tree Ordinance, Water Conservation Ordinance, Stormwater Ordinance, etc. The Common Fence Ordinance applies only to Westcreek.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-06-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM

8 posts, read 11,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I know how you feel about all those signs as they are nothing but Money Making Clutter. This includes the Home Builder's Signs along Military Drive.

Even the sign that was posted in the Median at Westcreek Oaks and Military Drive (probably elsewhere) advertising the Travel? Whatever the Hell is was, is / was in violation of the City of San Antonio Sign Ordinance. Any sign that Promotes / Advertises a Business, Making Money, or any Implication of Making Money is required to obtain a permit from the City.

We are not in the city and those signs were approved by the ARC.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
We are not in the city and those signs were approved by the ARC.
I am certain they were approved but the City of San Antonio Sign Ordinance (in this case) prevails over any authority that the HOA ARC has.

Although we are not within the City Limits there are many City of San Antonio Ordinances that we have to abide by due to their given jurisdictional boundaries. Some City of San Antonio Ordinances not only effect Bexar County Residents but also those in surrounding Counties.

*The ongoing sign issue is another great reason why we need some sort of permanent Signage Display Board, Marquee, Rolling Sign, etc. We need to get rid of the scattered signs which would "clean up" the Subdivision. These seem to work well within other San Antonio / Bexar County Subdivisions. I have yet to drive into a Subdivision with as many temporary signs scattered throughout as WC has.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-06-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,081,308 times
The signs in our neighborhood look terrible, not to mention the ones at Potranco/Grosenbacher. If I need lawn care, home loans, or a deck built, I'm capable of using the yellow pages or the internet. I constantly take them off of the mailbox.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:02 PM

18 posts, read 24,749 times
Signs at Potranco and Grosenbacher are outside VWOA jurisdiction.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,081,308 times
I realize that... I was just commenting on the general area as a whole... it looks horrible

Old 02-06-2010, 10:26 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,434,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Yes. Some Ordinances extend into the City of San Antonio's ETJ (5 miles outside City Limits) Some extend 5000' outside City Limits, etc.

The Sign Ordinance does apply out here as does the Tree Ordinance, Water Conservation Ordinance, Stormwater Ordinance, etc. The Common Fence Ordinance applies only to Westcreek.
Good to know! Any idea if there is some type of boundary map available pertaining to these?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Good to know! Any idea if there is some type of boundary map available pertaining to these?
There might be a map on the City of San Antonio Web Page.

I can tell you that the Water Conservation Ordinance extends out into the SAWS Service Area. You can see that map at www.saws.org .

I don't focus on many of the City Ordinances. I deal mainly with City Code Chapter 34 . I know you could call 311 and they will give you that information or at least route you to the correct City Department that deals with the paticular Ordinance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio