Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times

Advertisements

what volunteer meeting?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
what volunteer meeting?
The volunteers meeting for the sports and rec.

I don't think I am going to go tonight, I am not feeling very well today.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I unfortunately have a date with two classes. Monday is the worst day for me for many reasons

Old 01-16-2009, 10:59 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times
Did anyone here attend the annual meeting last night? I'd be interested to know what came out of it.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Did anyone here attend the annual meeting last night? I'd be interested to know what came out of it.
We did. A lot of the same - people complaining about things but not willing to do anything about it. We had a few homeowners stand up and talk about that issue itself, the lack of participation.

Unfortunately we didn't get 2008's budget numbers, we got 2007's (which is definitely relevant).

Tom Rohde was there. I know the guy is a real estate mogul, but he doesn't know everything people!!! Folks were asking him all sorts of questions, but maybe 1/4 were relevant to his business. Like TxDOT. He has great answers, but most were the same as last year - not his fault, but people should pay attention. He handled the questions great!

We elected two new board members too. Talked about the growth of the area, the majority of real estate projects put on hold, the new Jack in the Box, HEB and WalMart make tons of $$, why we don't have an online payment system for dues, widening of Potranco, etc etc.

The Cellular on Patrol program has been put on "hold" so to speak - BCSO has their guys working on other things, so we'll have to wait for them to come back and train more residents. Judy mentioned that there were (already trained) folks patrolling.

Graffitti and vandalism SUCK, and there is lots of it going around. Even brand new pics on the slide show, taken yesterday morning.

Watch out for dogs - a friend of ours was attacked by a loose pit bull. Killed her dog, attacked her and her husband. Her husband is still recovering from damage to his leg. She is starting a petition about dangerous animals.

There is also a pack of dogs that is living somewhere by the sports park. Please exercise caution when outside! Animal Control will not come after animals in packs.

Um, let's see what else...

The office has tried to accomodate all the differing homeowners' hours - they're open on the first saturday of every month now, and will open early or stay late by appointment, just call! As for calling, they're doing away with the message line in the future.

The rec department has lots in store for the neighborhood - Annual Picnic coming up with a St. Patty's day theme, Seasoned Citizens, Soccer, etc.

Keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles/people, etc. Lots of break ins recently, and mention of a shooting here in the neighborhood!

I'm sure there is more info out there...maybe some other attendees will add some!

Oh, and there were free cookies.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Oh, and our dues are still great, compared to other neighborhoods.

And there's a new ad hoc fence committee, which needs input from homeowners.

AAANNNddd....I noticed this morning that they are finally working on that fence on Westcreek Oaks, and all the rubble has been cleaned up and new posts put in!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Oh, and our dues are still great, compared to other neighborhoods.

And there's a new ad hoc fence committee, which needs input from homeowners.

AAANNNddd....I noticed this morning that they are finally working on that fence on Westcreek Oaks, and all the rubble has been cleaned up and new posts put in!
I saw them out there yesterday, glad to see they are taking care of it.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I saw them out there yesterday, glad to see they are taking care of it.
Judy mentioned it last night - again everyone had to wait on the insurance companies...

I wonder, when this happens again, would there be a problem with the residents helping clean it up? I wouldn't mind at all. I know most will say make the knucklehead that made the mess clean it up, but that's not happening for whatever reason and we all had to deal with the mess in the meantime. I bet we could talk the VWOA into using the dumpster too.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,768 times
Yikes, just got word that last night around 10PM they tried to "home invade" a neighbor that lives a couples houses down the street. From what I gathered it was 2 hispanic guys in what seemed to be a little Ford Ranger pickup. I'm sure the family is OK, but they had to replace their front door. Rough times calls for desperate measures. So I for one will keep my eyes pealed around my neighborhood.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Yikes, just got word that last night around 10PM they tried to "home invade" a neighbor that lives a couples houses down the street. From what I gathered it was 2 hispanic guys in what seemed to be a little Ford Ranger pickup. I'm sure the family is OK, but they had to replace their front door. Rough times calls for desperate measures. So I for one will keep my eyes pealed around my neighborhood.

I'm so sick of this @#$%!!!

I hope they're ok. Our house backs up to a green belt of sorts, but on the other side is another neighborhood and a small ranch, so I've always been worried about break ins.

One of the things brought up at the meeting last night was a 'blotter' - the residents asked if there could be some kind of messaging system in place to let them know of crimes in the area. I know that they are working on an email broadcast system, so that may work...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio