Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Info on the new fence project is out. They've picked the color and everything...Info on their site.

Oh and don't forget the homeowner's meeting, 15 Jan, 6:30...
We were out selling girl scout cookies this weekend-kindly ignoring the houses with the "no Soliciting" signs. We were only sweared at once!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
We were out selling girl scout cookies this weekend-kindly ignoring the houses with the "no Soliciting" signs. We were only sweared at once!
I have a no soliciting sign too. But I wouldn't swear at little Girl Scouts!

We even had a couple come by...I bought some cookies...

Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I have a no soliciting sign too. But I wouldn't swear at little Girl Scouts!

We even had a couple come by...I bought some cookies...
To be fair, this lady was yelling before we even came up to the door-we could hear her. Her son (about 10) came to the door and let their dog out. The mom slammed the door on the dog (like I was really worried about the poor thing) and let loose a string of profanity. So obviously she was in a bad mood before we even got there.

I wasn't very happy that my daughter had to hear it. Everyone else in WC was very nice and we did pretty well!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,422,744 times
did you go back later? I would've just to slam HER head with the door. Someone has to stick up for the four legged ones.

and about this fence project.. if they think I'm paying thousands of dollars again they are insane. The last fence project didn't even make it a year before it looked like garbage. They need to give up on the wood because this is south Texas and wood does not last for jack here. I think I will attend these meeting and would also like to get some justification for a lot of their expenses. $7K for phone services? WTF? I think there's a lot of fraud waste and abuse running around over there and I guess I've never bothered to notice.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM

71 posts, read 110,021 times
WTH... How about them using the $$$ to upgrade the playground for toddler's. Those monkey bar's are not pretty safe for toddler's, sand box never get's cleaned out, and not to mention that chezzy train no more that thre or for kids can play in it along with the spider's living inside it. Coracol hight's has a better playground area than WC.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:33 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,824,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
WTH... How about them using the $$$ to upgrade the playground for toddler's. Those monkey bar's are not pretty safe for toddler's, sand box never get's cleaned out, and not to mention that chezzy train no more that thre or for kids can play in it along with the spider's living inside it. Coracol hight's has a better playground area than WC.
I would recommend bringing this to the attention of the board at the next meeting.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,162,908 times
Different topic altogether here....I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but does anyone know the circumstances as to why Westcreek was built around those older houses/acreage off Dezarae St? Did those folks refuse to sell twenty years ago when the area was being planned? I was down at my parents for the holidays and drove through Westcreek one day and I noticed that there were older homes that weren't part of the development just on the other side of a fence, past the cul de sac. When I got home and looked on Live Search Maps and did the 'birdseye' view, I noticed that there's quite a few homes back there, some with swimming pools. Just curious...thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Hey, my kids love that darn train!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,831 times
Quote:
I agree, I would like to see the playground upgraded. It sees tons of use, we were there a couple of times over the past weekend. I will say that the rec department has made great strides with the park, and things are constantly improving. WC has had problems with vandals and loiterers, and of course there seem to be lots of people around that can't find the trash cans. It's difficult to keep things nice!

I would like to see the railroad tie playground upgraded. My kid likes the train too. And I actually see more kids playing in the v-ball court than the sandbox!

Is everyone going to the meeting? We are!!! (free cookies!)

Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I agree, I would like to see the playground upgraded. It sees tons of use, we were there a couple of times over the past weekend. I will say that the rec department has made great strides with the park, and things are constantly improving. WC has had problems with vandals and loiterers, and of course there seem to be lots of people around that can't find the trash cans. It's difficult to keep things nice!

I would like to see the railroad tie playground upgraded. My kid likes the train too. And I actually see more kids playing in the v-ball court than the sandbox!

Is everyone going to the meeting? We are!!! (free cookies!)
I plan on going. Can't turn down free cookies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio