Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,431,673 times

Advertisements

no seriously, I want to get a gun, but my wife doesn't see a need for it. I just want to get one before it's too late. I think that's the part of the Estates behind me.
It's getting way too close for comfort.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:47 PM

422 posts, read 1,452,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
I'm a homeowner in the estates (VOWC) and there have been 4 burglaries in one month all were 5 to 6 houses away from each other. A couple happened during broad daylight. They tend to by pass the alarm system or by cutting the wires and come in thru the back window and take everything that is electronic. Has anyone heard or seen anything suspicious?
This is the first I've heard. Hard times calls for drastic measures huh? Luckily I have several lines of defense. My wimpy dogs, my left and right fists, and my secret weapon.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,685,971 times
Quote:
Funny! Creek gate, Creek Pebble and Creek Knoll. Notified the homeowners they were no help and to top thing's off the Bexar County Police did not show up till 45 minutes later.
The Sheriff Department is too busy handing out tickets in VOWC for not coming to a complete stop at the stop signs. There's no money in preventing thefts. Every morning I see 1-2 of their cars coming into VOWC via Military Drive. I guess they're just passing through to Talley Road. Anyway, a good reason to keep the gate to the backyard locked and I do.

BTW: Maybe our HOA should invest in patrolling security security guards during the day. Of course, they would probably have to take a couple of the 46 people off their payroll.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:48 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,433,124 times
Quote:
I'm a homeowner in the estates (VOWC) and there have been 4 burglaries in one month all were 5 to 6 houses away from each other. A couple happened during broad daylight. They tend to by pass the alarm system or by cutting the wires and come in thru the back window and take everything that is electronic. Has anyone heard or seen anything suspicious?

Any news? Vehicle or suspect description or anything? I hate thieves!

I'm with ya rd...might have to take Paka to Academy and have her help me pick out a new Glock...

The HOA can't really do anything, except issue a warning to residents. I'm surprised it took BCSO that long to come out, but if there were more important things going on I'd understand (which there seem to be more of here these days...)

Old 11-27-2008, 03:26 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,480,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Any news? Vehicle or suspect description or anything? I hate thieves!

I'm with ya rd...might have to take Paka to Academy and have her help me pick out a new Glock...

The HOA can't really do anything, except issue a warning to residents. I'm surprised it took BCSO that long to come out, but if there were more important things going on I'd understand (which there seem to be more of here these days...)
Not a problem there GW! Would LOVE to take you over and help you select a nice one.

You can tell we are old...our Wedding Anniversary is coming soon, and DH wants a new gun and I am getting new wooden blinds to go with our new windows. Good news is the windows have a lifetime, no exclusions breakage warranty, just incase I have to shoot someone trying to break in before they actually MAKE it into the house.

Consider this fair warning...I am going to pull up these posts and use them in my defense should someone be STUPID enough to try and break into THIS Westcreek house!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:55 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,480,843 times
I am not questions YOUR reporting these crimes...but has anyone FIRST hand information that they actually occurred???

I went to spotcrime.com and they are current thru 16 Nov and show nothing. I understand that this information may not have been loaded yet, but I also know that "rumors" get started and past sometimes quite innocently by way of folks trying to keep each other informed. Remember that old game where 10 people whisper the same thing into each others ear in gradeschool and how it changes as it is passed on.

If ANYONE has POSITIVE verification of this, how would we check it out?? Anyone have a website, source/link??? Would sure appreciate it, would be nice to know where to check from time to time to keep informed of any and all issues.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
The Sheriff Department is too busy handing out tickets in VOWC for not coming to a complete stop at the stop signs. There's no money in preventing thefts. Every morning I see 1-2 of their cars coming into VOWC via Military Drive. I guess they're just passing through to Talley Road. Anyway, a good reason to keep the gate to the backyard locked and I do.

BTW: Maybe our HOA should invest in patrolling security security guards during the day. Of course, they would probably have to take a couple of the 46 people off their payroll.
I'll second that one. That guy (I always see the same deputy) probably funds half of the department just from Westcreek. My wife was stopped twice by him. She was warned once and he lost in court in the other one. Both times she did stop (I believe her) and one of the times it was impossible for him to even get a good view from his location.
I think some complaints will get their focus changed, unless they really are only here to generate $
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I am not questions YOUR reporting these crimes...but has anyone FIRST hand information that they actually occurred???

I went to spotcrime.com and they are current thru 16 Nov and show nothing. I understand that this information may not have been loaded yet, but I also know that "rumors" get started and past sometimes quite innocently by way of folks trying to keep each other informed. Remember that old game where 10 people whisper the same thing into each others ear in gradeschool and how it changes as it is passed on.

If ANYONE has POSITIVE verification of this, how would we check it out?? Anyone have a website, source/link??? Would sure appreciate it, would be nice to know where to check from time to time to keep informed of any and all issues.
maybe they didn't report it. Some people are strange like that. Hopefully they're looking for other ways to resolve the situation. Ways that are much cheaper on the taxpayers..

Old 11-27-2008, 05:24 PM

71 posts, read 110,062 times
will i know for sure this is actually happening. I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to find out if anyone know's anything. By the way i am trying to work on thing's with myu insurance company to see if i can replace so of my item's that i have lost more importantly is the thing's they have stolened that is very hard breaking is my child's electronic toy's he got for this B-day not to long ago. I also have blinds, just recently got my right's to carry a gun and a couple of armor in my home waiting for them so i could wish them a Merry Xmas.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 PM

314 posts, read 833,744 times
Dury's gun shop give police pricing on Glocks to military members, $396 for my 19. Give them a call: Used Guns, New Guns, Replica Guns, Used Shotguns, Used Rifles. Dury's Gun Shop - San Antonio Texas Gun Shop.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 PM

That's a sweet looking gun and I'll pass along that info. Do you know if it applies to retired military as well?

and does anyone living in the Estates live near that dog that is always whining very loud? He's doing it right now and I can't stand it. It sounds like he's in pain, but he probably just doesn't want to be left outside. I don't know why people bother to get dogs and then leave them outside all the time. stupid people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio