Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,426,006 times

Advertisements

It's this page right? http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/

Looks really good, but why are there maple leaves at the top? and does anyone know if they're ever going to set up dues payments online? that would be SO much easier..

Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,431,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It's this page right? http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/

Looks really good, but why are there maple leaves at the top? and does anyone know if they're ever going to set up dues payments online? that would be SO much easier..

The leaves were already a part of the template they chose! I didn't even notice...I have no idea about online payments.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM

we always forget about the dues, so an online payment would make it easier to pay after we remember, which is usually at night on a Friday..
and nothing wrong with maple trees, just sorta odd in south Texas. Maybe it's to appease all the Canadians we have in Westcreek?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,683,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Ok, the new VWOA site is up! I worked on it some during vacation, and finished uploading it about an hour ago. Still some things to polish, but I hope the mgmt is happy with it!
Much better site! Two points for you.

Thank you,

Steel Man

Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
we always forget about the dues, so an online payment would make it easier to pay after we remember, which is usually at night on a Friday..
and nothing wrong with maple trees, just sorta odd in south Texas. Maybe it's to appease all the Canadians we have in Westcreek?
lol maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Much better site! Two points for you.

Thank you,

Steel Man
Thanks! I only manage the site! I've been going through it, I have some things to fix...

Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
I agree about the lack of street lights... I do not like how the subdivision is so dark. I also have to agree about the HOA and their lack of response to issues. We didn't get "permission" to do our landscaping... mulching, small bushes, limestone, etc. If they dared to complain, I would take them around to all the rental homes that are abandoned and look terrible with 3 ft high grass. What I did only enhanced the street as a whole. They should be thanking us for investing in the yard and neighborhood. Our landscaper told us he only gets permission in writing for really extensive jobs.

You asked for permission? To heck with it, they once refused to let me plant a palm tree, what did I do? I planted two of them! lol

Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Received this via email from another resident - watch out for the scammers!!!

Quote:
Not sure if you have a DL for members in Westcreek. Today we had a man come to the door with a 4 year old son. They tag teamed a speechabout how they were raising money for a YMCA program that the child went to for special need children. He claimed that his son suffered from cancer. Well something looked fishy. He said he lived on MillsWay one street from our home, but just in his speech he didn't fit the education etc to be in this neighborhood. I also, didn't like how he was getting mad at the kid when he got distracted from the sales pitch. Anyhow, he's selling cookie dough, and his form has names and addresses of other WestCreek people. I went ahead and bought 1 thing of cookie dough knowing deep inside that I would not see it again. Two hours later my in laws came to have dinner. they too had the same guy and also gave him money, but the guy told him he lived on Abbey way, and that his kid suffered from some muscular disorder. Immediately my gut feeling was confirmed. I think he'll keep hitting WestCreek.

I'm going to start asking for a WestCreek ID when people like that come by. We've ordered stuff from girl scouts and that was valid, but we need to be careful who we open our doors to, and who takes our money. It's sad that he was exploiting that kid too, who by the way looked nothing like that father. The man is a slender man, late 30's early 40's, white, and the kid is about 4 years old, boy, and looks Hispanic. I'll let the sheriff department know, and I think the next news letter needs to state that if anyone is going to fund raise in WestCreek, they need to show a valid Westcreek ID card.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 PM

good info. thanks for sharing that

Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
good info. thanks for sharing that

No problem - I love being part of a community!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 PM

me too. want to join the NVG's and a sniper rifle club?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio