Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,473,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
no, I know I need to talk to them.. technically I am at fault, but there's always room for common sense
Off the subject...tried to rep you on your bi-line...but it would not until I spread some around...

I will NEVER read another Stephen King book myself!!

Love your reminder!!!

As for notices...(and I have yet to get one)...I would just ignore it myself. If it has validity, fine...but for something stupid, let Forrest worry about it!

NO LAWN FOR YOU!!!!! LOL

Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
they tried the flowers thing on me and I had to read the rules to them also. the rule prohibits obstructing the vision of drivers exiting their driveway or something like that. I was planting simple, small flowers to make my yard look a little better.
they do need to crack down on certain houses though... there's one in particular on Creek Knoll that is just way out of control with the number of plants they have and they look awful. They also park their car on the street way too close to where cars turn off Military onto Creek Knoll. I'm surprised that thing hasn't been hit yet and it can't be legal.

glad you support that Paka. it's a shame that such a brilliant author can be such an idiot and not realize his own stupidity... end OT rant..

Old 05-07-2008, 03:45 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
they tried the flowers thing on me and I had to read the rules to them also. the rule prohibits obstructing the vision of drivers exiting their driveway or something like that. I was planting simple, small flowers to make my yard look a little better.
they do need to crack down on certain houses though... there's one in particular on Creek Knoll that is just way out of control with the number of plants they have and they look awful. They also park their car on the street way too close to where cars turn off Military onto Creek Knoll. I'm surprised that thing hasn't been hit yet and it can't be legal.

glad you support that Paka. it's a shame that such a brilliant author can be such an idiot and not realize his own stupidity... end OT rant..

Heh, I know which house you're talking about too. I've almost ran into that car parked in the corner many times.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:47 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I was pretty sure I wasn't alone. Turn on to the street and BAM! there's the car.. it wasn't exactly rocket science for the builder to place a house there in the first place either. That's just pure greed.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Did anyone see the tagging of the Forests sign on Sage Run this past weekend?? It was pretty foul!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,809,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
...the other day I was plainting some flowers in my front yard, and an old man comes up to me, and says "sir did you send blue prints to the office?"...
What a punk. Sometimes I wonder if people like that have absolutely nothing else to do or just have issues.

You can probably figure out who it is pretty easy on Halloween. Just look for the house covered in eggs and TP with the angry old guy out front.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,473,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
What a punk. Sometimes I wonder if people like that have absolutely nothing else to do or just have issues.

You can probably figure out who it is pretty easy on Halloween. Just look for the house covered in eggs and TP with the angry old guy out front.
The PERFECT comeback to ANYTIME someone asks you something you prefer not to answer or you feel they are oversteping their bounds by asking is:

"WHY DO YOU ASK?"....that stops them dead in their tracks everytime. Either lets them know that you feel it is none of their business, keeps you from having to justify yourself, or indicates to them that you have no intention of sharing the information with them...flat and simple. Even the lady at Walmart when they ask to see your receipt (I swear it has yet to happen to me, but I would say it just like that if it ever did)....a simple "Why do you ask?" and watch them tapdance trying to justify themselves.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:49 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,809,127 times
Funny you mentioned Wal Mart - I know someone who works there and had to check receipts at the door sometimes. All of them. Apparently there's a big problem with people taking an old receipt in to the store and walking out with another of whatever's already on the paper. It stirred up all kinds of commotion over there.

It's strange how when they do it at Fry's or Sam's (everyone's receipt, all the time) nobody cares. I don't know if it's a different crowd or demographic that shops there or what.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post

Maybe so. Maybe, it's that he has had to correct so many people here, that any seemingly minor infraction gets his attention. I say 'seemingly' because none of the problems mentioned above seem to be in violation...(to me)

Old 05-08-2008, 09:08 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Did anyone see the tagging of the Forests sign on Sage Run this past weekend?? It was pretty foul!

Yeah, I saw it. As a matter of fact, my house backs up to a ditch/green belt, and some punk a$$ kid tagged the back of my fence. I never noticed until one day I was walking my dog and on the other side of the block I noticed it. I was like, "WTF!" I didn't want to wait for someone (not sure if it was my responsibility or not) to clean it, so instead of power washing it, I just bought some new pickets and replaced them. While I was replacing them, I noticed 4 kids skateboarding in the ditch, all were under age, and they were smoking (cigarettes I hope). I just stood there and glared at them the whole time until finally they left. I'm telling you, I might have to throw on the ski mask, and say, "you can't prove a thing!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio