Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,559,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovinXtown View Post
We looked at one with a nice deck and a not-so-nice above ground pool tha seemed to have a non functioning filter. I fhink there was also some laminate or thin wood flooring that looked pretty good, but was not the highest quality and would probably scratch fairly easily. But it was pretty nice. Is that your listing? (no advertising here!)
LOL!!! No, I *am* a "licensed agent", but SOOOOO inactive!! (No broker, not workin'!) Nah, jis know somebody (a forum member) who lives on Stage Run and has an amazing deck (but no AGPool).

Seriously, tho ~ haven't seen it in person, but that house on Oak Cask looks nice for the sqft/$$$$

Last edited by jules07; 04-14-2008 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: OOPS!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,676,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
...as far as garbage, get Tiger or get screwed. Three months of Tiger is cheaper than one with WM and the only difference is one picks up once per week and the other twice.
There is one more difference. Tiger gives you a 96 gallon trash can on wheels.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:44 PM

13 posts, read 23,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
LOL!!! No, I *am* a "licensed agent", but SOOOOO inactive!! (No broker, not workin'!) Nah, jis know somebody (a forum member) who lives on Stage Run and has an amazing deck (but no AGPool).

Seriously, tho ~ haven't seen it in person, but that house on Oak Cask looks nice for the sqft/$$$$
Yep, that's why we're goin back.
If you have a lead on a good inspector or 2 with foundation knowledge, I would appreciate a PM, though I have not figured out how to do one myself...first time on this type of forum.

Would like to compare to recommendation of my realtor...

Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 PM

13 posts, read 23,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
There is one more difference. Tiger gives you a 96 gallon trash can on wheels.

Does each homeowner get to choose their trash pick-up, or is it determined by the HOA or street address or somethng?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,559,746 times
Quote:
Yep, that's why we're goin back.
If you have a lead on a good inspector or 2 with foundation knowledge, I would appreciate a PM, though I have not figured out how to do one myself...first time on this type of forum.

Would like to compare to recommendation of my realtor...
I honestly don't have any preferences. But search this forum (click ""search", then, "advanced search" then use keywords "inspector" I guess, then Texas ~ San Antonio. It will come up.) there's been a couple of threads regarding that topic. On at least one of them, my friend kevcrawford responded. I'd *highly* recommend his referral. He knows his stuff. (OH! And to dm someone, just click on their "handle" and a list of options will come up. Click on "direct message this member" or something to that effect.)

Last edited by jules07; 04-14-2008 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: dang, need to go to bed!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,830,596 times
Quote:
Does each homeowner get to choose their trash pick-up, or is it determined by the HOA or street address or somethng?

Each homeowner chooses their own. I think there are 3 or 4 vendors...but most people have either Tiger or Waste Management. I think Allied and BFI also service this area. (Back from the jacuzzi..ahhhhhhh)

Old 04-15-2008, 06:26 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,427,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
GW....does the HOA here in WC permit trucks with landscaping trailers attached ,to park in the street? We have a joker around the bend from me that's starting to do this.It looks terrible...is this allowed?
I don't believe there's anything that can be done - if he were parked in his driveway they may be able to say something, but streets are public. Bring it up with the Standards Committee!

Quote:
gwroger, jules,

That's the other issue. Wife loves the inside of the house, I want more outside. It is pretty clean and what there is of the yard is well cared for, but not much in the way of trees etc.

The price seems to be in the ball park, though I am seldom inclined to make a full offer. and in this case, would b contingent on inspection...including foundation.

Does the HOA permit open metal fences along the back so I could incorporate the view of the greenbelt even though it is outside the area.

Also, would the HOA have info on the builders in the various sections?
They're pretty strict on fences here. I believe wooden fences are the only accepted ones. Check the Westcreek website, they have all the legal-ese on there.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,427,395 times
Here's the link to the Standards document:

Link

Page 13 covers fencing.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 PM

29 posts, read 53,508 times
Default Homes on Oak Cask/United Homecraft

"We looked at a house on Oak Cask in the Woods section...

* Does anyone know anything about the builder United Homecraft?

If I recall correctly, United Homecraft was not a "major" builder in the SA market -- I don't recall seeing them associated with any other neighborhoods in SA. Whether they went under or got bought up by another builder, they stopped building homes in WC in the mid/late 1990s. KB Home built on the remaining lots -- the ones that run along the greenbelt on Oak Cask and up White Cross. Those lots were built out by 2001, maybe 2002.

I can't say why, but many of the homes on that section of Oak Cask have been bought/sold multiple times, with what seem to be lengthy amounts of time on the market.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,676,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
GW....does the HOA here in WC permit trucks with landscaping trailers attached ,to park in the street? We have a joker around the bend from me that's starting to do this.It looks terrible...is this allowed?
From the VOW CC&R's (this might work as it is a trailer).

¨ Vehicles. (VOW CC&Rs: Article IX, Paragraph 9.14.a and Article X, Paragraphs 10.04 and 10.12)
¨¨ Parked vehicles. No boats, recreation vehicles, inoperative vehicles of any kind, commercial vehicles
greater than one ton, campers, buses, or trailers may be parked in driveways, on streets, or be visible from the street.
Exceptions are noted in the previous section, “Temporary.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio